Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Scarlett Johansson Is Reportedly Pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    The fiance has a serial killer look.
    He is sketchy as hell. Guessing he was eager to propose and create a quick meal tic--I mean, baby.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

^^What does he do? I'm too last to research

Quote Originally Posted by Bombshell View Post
    Wow. You are right, fgg. That is tacky as hell. It wasn't like she just dated the guy. She was fucking MARRIED to him. Look lady, if you married someone you shouldn't have, that's on YOU. Don't make your lack of appropriate feelings for your ex all his fault.
    and that's exactly what she said. she didn't make it about her ex. look at what she said: "I think maybe in the past I didn't have the same kind of investment. Not that I liked my partner less, I just wasn't capable of it or caring that much."
    she specifically says that it's not that she liked her ex any less, but that she wasn't capable of being that invested or caring that much.
    Mel1973 likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    ^^What does he do? I'm too last to research
    I'm too lazy to look my sources up but what I recall is that he's sort of a man of mystery--very little concrete background or history beyond having managed some urban culture/arty magazine for a little bit. There are rumors of criminal ties. So some kind of high level grifter, perhaps. Scarlett's kind of stupid, though at least she had the sense to run like hell from Sean Penn. But this guy apparently has a smoother line. He doesn't wear socks with his tuxedo, that's enough bad news for me.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

yeah just from one of the blind items, I envision this guy as similar to that con artist that Anne Hathaway was with.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    and that's exactly what she said. she didn't make it about her ex. look at what she said: "I think maybe in the past I didn't have the same kind of investment. Not that I liked my partner less, I just wasn't capable of it or caring that much."
    she specifically says that it's not that she liked her ex any less, but that she wasn't capable of being that invested or caring that much.
    that's the way i took it, too.

fgg

i still think it is a bitchy, rude thing to say.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Ha, this debate is still simmering. I started to post a while back and then ditched it. But I was going to say that with my first husband, I also didn't feel the same levels of intensity about stuff and was less jealous. I suspect part of the reason is that back then I somewhat bought into the standard happily-ever-after story and, dumb as it seems to me now, affairs and other Bad Marriage Shit happened to other people and I would be spared that. Now I don't believe that story and understand that it can happen, and it happens all the time to good, sincere people, and I feel more possessive in some ways, and in other ways less than I did before. The second time around I also chose a man I feel more passionate about, and that probably gives rise to jealousy too.

Anyway, I think what she said was not a big deal. We also don't know what kind of husband he was. If he was a big ol' dickhead, then she is soft-pedaling things there.
    sputnik and Mrs P like this.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

mjw
    Elite Member

Scarlett Johansson is a first-time mom.

A spokesman for the 29-year-old actress told The Associated Press Thursday that Johansson and her fiance, Romain Dauriac, have welcomed a baby girl, whom they've named Rose.

Marcel Pariseau says mother and daughter are doing well.

He added that the couple is seeking privacy and are supporters of the No Kids Policy, the celebrity effort to keep famous folks' children out of the public eye.

Johansson and Dauriac, a French former journalist, have been engaged since September, 2013. She was previously married to Ryan Reynolds.

Johansson's recent credits include the films "Lucy," ''Chef," and "Captain America: The Winter Soldier."

Scarlett Johansson and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl - ABC News

A spokesman for the 29-year-old actress told The Associated Press Thursday that Johansson and her fiance, Romain Dauriac, have welcomed a baby girl, whom they've named Rose.
    I thought for sure it was going to be something like "Erosabeth".

I wish she had had a baby with Ryan. It would have been neat to see what they could have made together, mixing their genes.

But, congrats to them!

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    I wish she had had a baby with Ryan. It would have been neat to see what they could have made together, mixing their genes.

But, congrats to them!
    I'm not a big fan of Scarlett, but I do think she's better than Ryan's current gal of Blake Lively, GOOP 2.0.
    *DIVA! and holly like this.

Wow we really did not see much of her pregnant, huh? She did a pretty good job of staying hidden. Much to my catty chagrin.

apparently the kid's full name is rose dorothy.
    props for naming it after not one but two of golden girls.
    sluce, KrisNine, *DIVA! and 7 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    apparently the kid's full name is rose dorothy.
    props for naming it after not one but two of golden girls.
    Well played.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information