Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Sandra Bullock adopts a daughter

Legos here too!

Louis is wearing a mask too. I think this is a clever compromise.
    Bombshell and panic like this.

didn't beyonce and jay-z do the same in the beginning, only post pictures from behind? it does seem like a compromise between being on the cover and yet not really showing her face. good for her for adopting another child.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Seems kind of contradictory. I mean if you are going to shout it from the rooftops (or, in this case, on the cover of People), it seems a little late to decide that the kids need their "privacy."

Good for her, and great for the kids.

I know I'm not in the majority, but I really kind of like her.

And I call the Legos as well. Interestingly enough, my spell check feels secure in the name as well. That being said, I just blew my top over "assless chaps" over on the Kartrashian thread, so I don't have much room to high and mighty. (side note, spell check liked Kartrashian as well. Maybe it's just broken).
    sluce, panic and *DIVA! like this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bombshell View Post
    Good for her, and great for the kids.

I know I'm not in the majority, but I really kind of like her.

And I call the Legos as well. Interestingly enough, my spell check feels secure in the name as well. That being said, I just blew my top over "assless chaps" over on the Kartrashian thread, so I don't have much room to high and mighty. (side note, spell check liked Kartrashian as well. Maybe it's just broken).
    I like her too, even though she has questionable taste in men. I would have thought the majority does love her. She's America's sweetheart, isn't she.

In the homeland of Lego, it's called Lego klodser (Lego bricks). I guess the brand name has become a noun, just not in Denmark. I would never pluralise it and call them call them Legoer (Legos).

Gold Member

Legos here-as in "I'm not buying you any more legos".

I've always thought she was kind of "meh" but I'm glad she adopted from foster care. I would think a toddler would adjust to a change in economic status without a problem-a new family will take longer.
    Bombshell and panic like this.

Legos legos legos legos legos!

'Lego bricks' is awkward and clunky and I'm not going to go along with it just because the company wants me to.
    Last edited by Ravenna; December 4th, 2015 at 08:16 AM.
    sluce, panic, Mrs P and 2 others like this.

Elite Member

We've always called them Legos too.
    panic likes this.

Lego Catalogue 1985

Lego have introduced a new “Legos” logo following years of failed attempts to teach all Americans to call Lego “Lego”. Head of Global Communications Mursten Hjernen explains: “The plural for Lego has always been ‘Lego’, which is an irregular plural like ‘sheep’ of ‘fish’”. Despite numerous advertising campaigns and messages placed on the back pages of product catalogues since the 80’s, Lego has found the American toy buying public were incapable of observing this fact. In Europe we will continue to use ‘Lego’ plural”.

New Lego logo to suit America | Graham Todman freelance UI / UX product designer
    panic likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

So, calling them Lego Bricks or toys somehow preserves and protects the brand? But calling them Legos doesn't?

Stupid Americans, incapable of learning.
    sluce, panic and mostroop like this.

Lego is Lego and lots of Lego lying around is called Lego.
    Kittylady likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Gold Member

^^ I bet that was the Lego April Fool's joke. With three boys I have a shit ton of Lego all over the house and never even thought to call them Legos. It just sort of functions as a singular and plural word all on its own. Maybe because I'm Canadian i don't need the lesson.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrowFilla View Post
    ^^ I bet that was the Lego April Fool's joke. With three boys I have a shit ton of Lego all over the house and never even thought to call them Legos. It just sort of functions as a singular and plural word all on its own. Maybe because I'm Canadian i don't need the lesson.
    I don't think the joke was made by Lego, because even though 'Mursten Hjernen' does translate to 'The Brick Brain' - 'mursten' is not a toy brick but the kind of brick you build houses with. 'Mur sten' is literally 'wall stone'. The Danish word for a toy brick is 'klods', the word 'klodset' means clumsy, and 'klodsmajor' is a klutz. So a funnier name would have been Klods Major (Klutz) or Major Klods Hjerne (Major Brick Brain).

And that concludes our Danish lessons for today. Thank you for your attention.
    Ravenna, faithanne, sluce and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    I don't think the joke was made by Lego, because even though 'Mursten Hjernen' does translate to 'The Brick Brain' - 'mursten' is not a toy brick but the kind of brick you build houses with. 'Mur sten' is literally 'wall stone'. The Danish word for a toy brick is 'klods', the word 'klodset' means clumsy, and 'klodsmajor' is a klutz. So a funnier name would have been Klods Major (Klutz) or Major Klods Hjerne (Major Brick Brain).

And that concludes our Danish lessons for today. Thank you for your attention.
    It's a good thing you deliver you lessons kindly and with a smile. I would hate to see someone poison your maltbolsje
    idunno and mostroop like this.

Elite Member

^^One of my favourite novels. And a good film was made from it too. I should change my user name to Prof. Plum and make up mean nick names for other users.
    Ravenna and mostroop like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information