Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: Sandra Bullock Adopts Baby Girl All The Heartwarming Details

i tend to agree with taedium in the sense that we're all selfish. people who want and have children are selfish and people who don't want children and don't have them are also selfish in the sense that both are doing what's best for them.

also, notice how no one tells men they're being selfish or selfless regardless of their choice when it comes to children or no children? i think we need to stop with the damaging stereotype of mothers as selfless beings who live only for their children - that may well be true but it doesn't change the fact that they had children because it's what they wanted - and the equally damaging stereotype of the selfish childless woman who chose to live only for herself rather than sacrificing her happiness for the sake of the future of humanity. both are dumb stereotypes that are damaging to women and cause unnecessary tension between mothers and child-free women.
    Taedium and Kittylady like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Sandra Bullock is responding to rumors that she's adopted a baby girl.
    In a new interview with AP, the 51-year-old actress says that if she had indeed adopted a second child, "everyone would be hearing about it."

"There's only one adopted child in my household and his name is Louis," Sandra says. "If I had an adopted child -- if I had a second adopted child -- everyone would be hearing about it. I would be loud and clear and say, 'Yes, I have officially adopted a second child.' Right now, Louis must be it."

Clearly, the adorable Louis is still the apple of her eye.
    "Delicious and beautiful," Bullock gushes about how her son is doing.
    And it turns out, Louis was especially happy while his mom was shooting her latest film, Our Brand Is Crisis, which is based in New Orleans. Sandra adopted Louis from New Orleans in 2010.

"That was part of the prerequisite for me. I said, you've got three locations you can pick from -- not including Puerto Rico and Bolivia -- where I feel happy to have Louis in school, and it was Austin, Los Angeles, or New Orleans," Bullock shares. "New Orleans was number one and that's where we went. He was very happy."
    Meanwhile, Bullock recently revealed that she's already taught 5-year-old Louis about racism, sexism, and homophobia in a chat with BET.

"Absolutely, it's an open conversation we have," the Oscar winner said in response to a question about whether she was preparing Louis for prejudice, that, as a person of color, he may need to be aware of. "He fully understands what that means."

"He doesn't understand why people judge each other based on color of the skin, but he knows that they do," she continued, adding, "He also knows there's sexism, he knows there's homophobia."

Sandra Bullock Responds to Second Adoption Rumors: 'Right Now, Louis Must Be It'

^ So it was all lies. Does this mean I'm not selfish anymore?

I wonder what took her so long to say something.
    bootspaige likes this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

i never understood why being selfish is a sin,something to be ashamed of and a character default.i think it is the most natural thing in the world.

Self loathing for being a human being perplexes me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information