Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Salma Hayek won't Christen her baby daughter

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    Valentina Paloma is a hot ass name
    indeed!

I don't know. To me a christening is just a blessing of protection. Of course it's her life and she can do what she wants. Personally, I'll take as many blessings as I can get.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    What religion is the baby-father? Is he catholic too? Or something else?

She is quite "unconventional" for what I know of her culture, more power to her!

He's french, so I would assume he is also Catholic, but I could be wrong.

I don't see anything wrong with not baptizing a baby. Why not let the child decide for themselves later in life? I know so many people who were baptized as babies and never attend church at all, so really did it make them better b/c they did it once? I hardly believe that dripping some water on a babies head will save them and allow them into heaven.

Good for her! It's her child and her choice.

Good for her, I don't see why its that big of a deal. I'm a Christian and I don't believe in child baptism - although I'm not a Catholic. It doesn't offend me when people do it, in some ways I think its a beautiful ceremony, a nice passage. But its completely against the Bible to say that a baby won't enter into Heaven if they are not baptized, it doesn't even make sense - in that sense I guess I find it a little offensive to assume such a thing just because an institution tells you so. Look for yourself in the Bible, if thats what you so believe! Its not there - in fact, Jesus tells us to be more like little children, that they are the blessed by God. How then would he then deny them Heaven? Its Catholic dogma, its not biblical - like much in the Catholic Church. Thats not a slam against Catholicism, I just mean that its a Church rooted in passed down tradition from its elders more than anything else. I don't even think most Catholics believe that nowadays, although I could be wrong.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

that baby isn't 6 months already!

Elite Member

She doesn't believe in baptising her daughter, fine. But she sure believes in surgery enhanced breasts and strictly dating rich white men. Why isn't she as vocal on those issues? Last time I knew, the Pope wasn't knocking on her door...or mine either.

People are definitely allowed to believe in what they want. That's common sense. But people like Salma who like to push their philosophies in life so publicly probably do so because THEY have issues against religion period. That's probably why she's had a lot of men and been so vocal about not wanting to marry either---she's probably very pushy and narrow-minded. In other words, her way or the highway. There is no compromise. Take her or leave her. That's good for an individual, but not very good in a partnership to have that attitude. You need to respect all faiths, even if you don't believe in them. The person who has to be so vocal is probably a person trying to find acceptance. Salma needs to seriously shut up because most Mexicans aren't living in the dark ages. And most people in this world could care less WHAT she thinks. Ya basta!

Good for her!
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She doesn't believe in baptising her daughter, fine. But she sure believes in surgery enhanced breasts and strictly dating rich white men.
    ^ yeah she's a whore who got lucky in life

i like her daughters name too btw!

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I have a question.

Her parents sent her to a Catholic boarding school in Louisiana
    Is she supposed to be bilingual? She actually grew up in the US?

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

^ yeah cuz her accent is so freakin' heavy!

I really like Salma
    Who ordered a naked Swede?? MEEEEE!!

laurenshelton2 thinks I'm worse than Claymates.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl
    She doesn't believe in baptising her daughter, fine. But she sure believes in surgery enhanced breasts and strictly dating rich white men. Why isn't she as vocal on those issues? Last time I knew, the Pope wasn't knocking on her door...or mine either.

People are definitely allowed to believe in what they want. That's common sense. But people like Salma who like to push their philosophies in life so publicly probably do so because THEY have issues against religion period. That's probably why she's had a lot of men and been so vocal about not wanting to marry either---she's probably very pushy and narrow-minded. In other words, her way or the highway. There is no compromise. Take her or leave her. That's good for an individual, but not very good in a partnership to have that attitude. You need to respect all faiths, even if you don't believe in them. The person who has to be so vocal is probably a person trying to find acceptance. Salma needs to seriously shut up because most Mexicans aren't living in the dark ages. And most people in this world could care less WHAT she thinks. Ya basta

Salma is a perfectly curvacious woman whom is NOT surgically enhanced. If she happened to date a wealthy man of any ethnicity, them damn good for her because last time I checked it wasnt a crime.

The article simply stated she isnt going to baptise her daughter, simply put. I did not feel as if she were pushing her beliefs off on anyone. A good strong woman, able to decide what she wants is what I want to hear more about.
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    ^ yeah cuz her accent is so freakin' heavy!

Yea I know!!! And I don't mean that in any offensive way. Her English is pretty good like compared to Penny Cruz but that's not a valid comparison if Salma grew up in the US speaking English.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

yeah i dont think she grew up speaking english either! i think part of her so called "biography" is that she had to learn in her 20s when she came to the US so watevs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information