Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28

Thread: Salma Hayek: I wanted to have a boy

  1. #16
    Gold Member laynes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    What's round on the ends and high in the middle?
    Posts
    1,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Normos View Post
    Yes, but none of those things will be a direct quote of her mother saying she didn't want her.

    It will hurt.
    No..because she'll be a reasonable human being who is extremely loved and adored...she'll understand that her mother meant that while she was pregnant she hoped for a boy but was no less happy that she had a daughter.

    And she never said she didn't want her.... that's totally off base.



  2. #17
    Elite Member Honey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    59,935

    Default

    I'd want a boy too, but she still loves her little girl, doesn't mean she doesn't want her now.

  3. #18
    Elite Member sweetness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    southeastern U.S.
    Posts
    11,486

    Default

    There is absolutely nothing wrong with what she said! Pregnant women often have a preference
    for what they would *like* to have, but they end up loving whatever they get.

    I would love to have another little boy this time around, but if it turns out to be a girl I
    will still be over the moon.

  4. #19
    Elite Member DontMindMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I think I would have sent my kid back if she hadn't been a girl.
    President Barack Obama
    Sounds amazing, doesn't it?

  5. #20
    Hit By Ban Bus! pacific breeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    in the wild blue yonder
    Posts
    15,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    I don't have a problem with the comment. She says she's happy with and loves her daughter to pieces so what's the problem?
    Because she's beautiful and rich and that makes some people want to tear her down. Her comment was completely innocuous. Some people are trying very hard to turn it into something it isn't.

    I've heard many of friends who love their children totally say: "I'm glad I had boys," or "I'm so glad I had a girl." To suggest that it means they don't love their child is preposterous.

  6. #21
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    445

    Default

    I really don't see how what she said was hurtful...big deal she wanted a boy and now that he baby is here and is a girl she loves her and is so happy to have her...wow, if that isn't the most hurtful thing to say...So many people wish for 1 sex while they are pregnant, and then they have the baby and get the other sex and can't imagine not having that little boy or girl.

    I'm sure when I was pregnant with my son and said I hope I have a girl to anyone who would listen, I should have been thinking about how hurtful it would be to my son if he ever hears about it...like he even cares, he knows I love him and couldn't live without him.

  7. #22
    A*O
    A*O is offline
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! A*O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being Paula
    Posts
    31,675

    Default

    You may fevently hope to have baby boy or girl but you don't SAY it. I'm afraid that expressing a preference and then getting something else does imply that you are less than thrilled with what you got.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

  8. #23
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    You may fevently hope to have baby boy or girl but you don't SAY it. I'm afraid that expressing a preference and then getting something else does imply that you are less than thrilled with what you got.

    I disagree, I'm sure it's natural to hope for say a boy, but you still love the baby if it's a girl and can't imagine life without her...and I'm sure that most people who have given birth should understand that. I'm sorry but when your pregnant everyone is asking you "oh do you want a boy or a girl" and you answer however you feel, which my answer was always "I don't care as long as the baby is healthy....but a girl would be great!" Again the healthy part is far more important than the sex. But plenty of people wish for a certain sex. Then they either have an ultrasound to find out, or find out when they have the baby...and guess what, they love the baby no matter what so what is the big deal, just because they said it out loud...oh no..

    What if you say "I don't care as long as the baby is healthy" then what, if the baby isn't healthy do you not love that baby?

    Like I said earlier, I really wanted a girl, I had an ultrasound and found out I was having a boy, and to my surprise I was so excited to be having a little boy. Does that mean to my ex husband, that I don't really love my son, because for 6 months of pregnancy I hoped for a girl and gasp..said it out loud?...of course not.

  9. #24
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    445

    Default

    So we shouldn't believe that now that her baby is here, she loves her and is so happy she's a girl? I thought of something else. My father wanted a boy so bad when my mom was pregnant with me, and he had no problem telling me that, and loved to tell the story of when I was born and they said it's a girl and he was so happy, and he called my grandmother crying saying "Mom, it's a girl she's so beautiful." I can't tell you how many times in my life I heard that story either from my Dad or my Nana, and it never bothered me one bit, and I don't know why it would.

    I just fail to see how she is saying anything hurtful, she is just expressing how she felt while pregnant, and how she feels now that her daughter is here. I'm sure that once her daughter is old enough to read this or hear about it, she will know that her mother loves her and always has.

  10. #25
    Elite Member sweetness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    southeastern U.S.
    Posts
    11,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    Because she's beautiful and rich and that makes some people want to tear her down. Her comment was completely innocuous. Some people are trying very hard to turn it into something it isn't.
    I agree, PB. It's fun to rag on the celebs when they deserve it, but Salma's a pretty good gal in my book.


    Quote Originally Posted by queenb3577 View Post
    Like I said earlier, I really wanted a girl, I had an ultrasound and found out I was having a boy, and to my surprise I was so excited to be having a little boy. Does that mean to my ex husband, that I don't really love my son, because for 6 months of pregnancy I hoped for a girl and gasp..said it out loud?...of course not.
    Exactly. I was the same way with my first. I wanted a girl, but as soon as I saw that he was a boy on the ultrasound I was all about having a boy.

    I think a lot of women state a preference simply because that is what they see themselves having (if that makes sense). I pictured myself with a girl, maybe because I was a bit worried that I wouldn't know how to raise a boy. Turned out that having a boy was truly a blessing, I wouldn't trade my son for all the world!

    Salma is saying that she is GLAD about how things turned out.

  11. #26
    Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    you already know.
    Posts
    44,439

    Default

    salma hayek is a bitch!

  12. #27
    Elite Member Mel1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cuntopia
    Posts
    42,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    salma hayek is a bitch!
    I agree with you, Alice!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

  13. #28
    Elite Member sweetness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    southeastern U.S.
    Posts
    11,486

    Default

    Ya'll is jes jellus and you know it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Salma Hayek [Actress]
    By muchlove in forum Hot Women
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: April 23rd, 2009, 08:57 AM
  2. Salma Hayek in black
    By mrs.v in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: January 20th, 2008, 03:29 AM
  3. Salma Hayek and Baby
    By PrettyGirl in forum Magazines and Photoshoots
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: November 30th, 2007, 10:44 PM
  4. Salma Hayek in Los Angeles (08/17/07)
    By stankuforasking in forum Photo Archive
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: August 28th, 2007, 02:09 AM
  5. Salma Hayek - Campari Ads
    By wheelbarrow in forum Magazines and Photoshoots
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: January 4th, 2007, 03:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •