Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Ryan Reynolds to use part of his own salary to hire BIPOC crew members on film

I've honestly never heard anything nice about him except for the fact that he can be funny sometimes (and this story I guess?). He seems like a dick in general to me, and that story about the MUA kind of confirms my suspicions about him. He's attractive enough, but doesn't float my boat. I don't think about him until there's a story about him.

I have a hard time giving actors - especially ones that make their livelihood on blockbuster hits and having their faces plastered everywhere - passes for being dicks and maybe that's the chip on my shoulder talking because I barely make a living wage and my job is literally having to be polite to cunts all day or I don't get to have a paycheck. You're in public. Suck it up. I do and I'm way more anti-social and introverted. I'm not talking about being interrupted during dinner, which I do think is rude, but if he were walking through an airport I'm not inclined to feel pity. If you can't find a way to be polite, at the very least, then wear a disguise and fuck off.

Lainey's super irritating and is the biggest butt kisser on planet earth and is biased as hell, but I never heard that she makes up stories. Does she do that? This is the first I'm hearing of it. She's notorious for conveniently ignoring facts and sweeping things under the rug, and twisting facts, but I've never heard she flat out lies.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Elite Member

Never got all the hate either, but hearing this stuff... hmmm. I don't want him to be a dick though. I'd like him to be a nice guy. I'm sick of douchebags.
    lindsaywhit and BITTER like this.

I'm sick of douchebags, too. I want to go back to 2002 when I still could try to see the good in people/famous people.
    tulip and BITTER like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Lainey's super irritating and is the biggest butt kisser on planet earth and is biased as hell, but I never heard that she makes up stories. Does she do that? This is the first I'm hearing of it. She's notorious for conveniently ignoring facts and sweeping things under the rug, and twisting facts, but I've never heard she flat out lies.
    She uncritically acted as a conduit for Harvey's character assassination. An egregious example being her legendary post about Gretchen Mol. So, as far as I'm concerned, she can go jump off of something. I'm not a celeb worshipper, but I think Ryan is okay. Very witty. There are so many celebs not even trying to do the right thing, or actually doing the opposite (Yeezy!). Going after Reynolds with no legit proof to me seems like people just eating their own.

Mo has me firmly back in the camp of liking RR. Thank you Mo.
    MohandasKGanja and tulip like this.

I've heard/read a lot of him being rude out of work to the "little people" - you know, like the ones that pay to see his movies.

I can't tell you how much I didn't want to post crap from Lainey but I couldn't be arsed to find another example.
    firebrat1229 and Waterslide like this.

Leave Ryan A Lone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    She uncritically acted as a conduit for Harvey's character assassination. An egregious example being her legendary post about Gretchen Mol. So, as far as I'm concerned, she can go jump off of something. I'm not a celeb worshipper, but I think Ryan is okay. Very witty. There are so many celebs not even trying to do the right thing, or actually doing the opposite (Yeezy!). Going after Reynolds with no legit proof to me seems like people just eating their own.
    I vaguely remember the Gretchen Mol thing so I'll have to look that up again. I can't stand Lainey either and I think she's manipulative and cowardly in general. I don't normally read her site, but I've heard the Ryan rumors in various places over the years...

dlisted was oddly one of the first sites that came up when I googled that story. They always link to her site. Yikes.

AD

Gretchen Mol Shut Down That Rumor About Her And Harvey Weinstein

October 11, 2017 / Posted by: Michael K

AD

Back in the olden days of gossip when we had Nicole Richie instead of Sofia Richie and Courtenay Semel instead of Hailey Baldwin, there were blind items about an actress who was living a Lana Del Rey song by fucking for roles. Several blind item sites wrote about it. But the 2009 blind item that Lainey at Lainey Gossip wrote about that rumor has been pulled out of the archives, dusted off and is making the rounds again because of the Harvey Weinstein grossness.
    Back then, Lainey wrote about a married “major player” and the starlet who had sex with him for roles. The starlet’s career had dried up a little so she went back to the “major player,” but he was done with her and had moved on to a blonde TV actress with a “perky rack” who was trying to make a break into movies. On Monday, Vox interviewed Lainey about the Harvey situation, and her blind item was brought up. Lainey said that she’s never confirmed or denied who that blind item is about and she’s not planning to change that. But well, anybody with a PhD in blind items (hell, anybody with 2 blind item credits from a community college) knows it was probably about Gretchen Mol, Harvey Weinstein and Blake Lively. But Gretchen Mol has stood up to shit on that rumor and more.
    AD

In an op-ed piece for The Hollywood Reporter, Gretchen writes that like many, she was disgusted by Harvey using his power to prey on young women. Gretchen says that both Jodi Kantor of The New York Times and Ronan Farrow contacted her for their pieces. Gretchen didn’t have much to say about Harvey, so she knew her name wouldn’t make it to print. But when both Harvey exposé were splattered onto the internet, the old blind item came up again and so Gretchen feels like she should kill it for once and for all. You can read Gretchen’s entire piece here, but I put together the parts about the blind item below:
    For 10 years or so, I’ve been aware of rumors that I had some kind of transactional relationship with Harvey Weinstein. They seemed to start on a gossip website that made money by peddling ‘blind’ items. A few facts had been taken from my Wikipedia page, were combined with stories about a movie mogul who was known for harassing women, quotes from “reliable sources” were added and a malicious, viral rumor was born.
    Over the years, it was gleefully embroidered, becoming increasingly bizarre and baroque — but the salacious, slut-shaming and misogynist message to the fable remained the same: In Hollywood, a young woman must build her career by humiliating herself and sleeping with powerful men.
    No. I did not exchange sexual favors with Harvey Weinstein, or anyone, for advancement in my career. I was never paid any settlement. The truth is that I have never been alone in a room with Harvey Weinstein. The extent of my interactions with him has been a handful of polite hellos at various premieres and award shows. This is in no way a defense of this person, it is merely a statement of fact.
    I had heard similar rumors about other actresses and Harvey Weinstein for years, even before I heard them about myself. I knew that it was not true in my case, so I naively assumed it was equally false in general. The consistent implication was that actresses were eager for the bargain, that we wanted fame and fortune so desperately that we would make this kind of nauseating concession. This is another kind of misogyny, and blame-shifting.
    It makes the victim complicit. The facts that are known are much simpler, and there is only one person to blame — a perverse, power-drunk man who sexually assaulted women.
    Lainey also told Vox that it wasn’t only actresses, models and his female staff who feared Harvey. It was everyone in the business from reporters to producers and on and on. Everyone is scared of the giant sweaty ball of ick. She also wrote the other day, in so many words, about being scared to spit out the real names in her stories because she got a scary warning letter from Harvey. Yeah, so it looks like Lainey is taking the answer to that blind item to the afterworld with her. Even then, if you went up to her in the afterworld and asked her who that BI is about, she’d look around first and make sure Harvey Weinstein didn’t make it to the same place.
    Pic: Wenn.com

I always felt sorry for her because those rumors followed her around forever, kinda like that rumor you heard in high school about some girl and a cucumber, which likely had no truth to it whatsover.
    czb and Kittylady like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Lainey's as-good-as-not-a-blind-item probably did as much damage to Gretchen Moll's career as anything else, which is a shame. She was amazing as Gillian in Boardwalk Empire. I was never sure whether to hate the character or pity and sympathise with her.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information