Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree354Likes

Thread: Ryan O'Neal Reunites with Daughter Tatum O'Neal and Grandkids

^^^I think that it was.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    That collapsed nose of Farrah's looks like a cocaine nose to me!
    I think it may have been a combo of that and bad PS: she had a hooked nose and suddenly her nose was straight, but it didn't flatten the way Melanie Griffith's nose did.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Patrick - mother is Leight Taylor-Young. Is that the one you mean?
    yes, thank you!
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

^ He's a sports presenter according to his Wiki and has two kids with Rebecca De Mornay.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patric...(sportscaster)
    firebrat1229 and Mrs Fawlty like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    ^ He's a sports presenter according to his Wiki and has two kids with Rebecca De Mornay.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patric...(sportscaster)
    Nice! I'm glad and I hope he's having a good life.
    Mrs Fawlty likes this.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by firebrat1229 View Post
    Nice! I'm glad and I hope he's having a good life.
    His mum is a bit of a nutcase - been married 4(?) times and this last time to a cult leader.
    Ryan sure does pick them.

^^^^
    what sane woman would want him though?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post

Apparently he's also schizophrenic (aside from being a junkie) and now in a Mental State Hospital. This guy just didn't have a chance in hell with parents like O'Neal and Fawcett. Kinda like Bobbi Kristina with Brown and Houston.
    That's Redmond?? Holy feck!
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    Tatum looks so frail.
    My goodness, shockingly so. That poor woman.
    Lofty Bike likes this.

^Yep, and like so many addicts, his weight went up and down like crazy too. One moment he was positively obese/bloated, the next he was all skin and bones.
    DawnM74 likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Ryan's a complete piece of shit, always has been and always will be.
    firebrat1229 and DawnM74 like this.

This is interesting. I always thought he had very little to do with his son Patrick, but this article from last year indicates they bought a gym together and Patrick is quoted as saying:

“He’s always given me such wonderful advice, he’s always been my biggest fan,” says Patrick, a three-time sports Emmy winner who is married to Disney exec Summer Imai. “He just means the world to me. I want everyone to know I love my dad.

“For us to have this partnership in this gym…I was so set on making that happen so that we had something to share,” he says.

Story at link: https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...614-story.html
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

A People magazine article about Griffin from 2015:

Griffin O'Neal: 'My Whole Family Has Been Destroyed to Smithereens From Addiction and Alcoholism'

The son of Ryan O'Neal opens up about the pain of substance abuse that has plagued three generations of his family
    By Liz McNeil Updated May 30, 2015 04:25 PM

Griffin O’Neal, the son of actor Ryan O’Neal and brother of Tatum O’Neal has struggled for years to break free from one of the most famously dysfunctional families in Hollywood.

“My whole family has been absolutely destroyed to smithereens from drug addiction and alcoholism,” says Griffin, 50. “The common denominator is drugs and alcohol and depression and it’s a never-ending cycle. I had to walk away from all of it. I’m done.”

Now sober, he’s speaking out about his fight to remain clean now that his nephew, Kevin McEnroe, the son of Tatum and her ex, John McEnroe, has written a novel about Griffin’s mother, actress Joanna Moore. A beautiful actress, she struggled with addiction and raised her two kids, Griffin and Tatum, in squalor, eventually becoming unable to look after them. The book, Our Town is a devastating portrait of a family’s dashed hopes and trampled dreams.

“My mother was an alcoholic and she took weight-loss pills and other drugs,” says Griffin. “The combination of the two, along with her not being emotional stable because she was orphaned at age 6 and lived a rough life – was heart-wrenching.”

Griffin’s long battle with addiction began when he was just 9.

“I was the family joint roller,” he says. “My life has been a reign of drug and alcohol degradation. I had to self medicate my entire life because there was pain everywhere. There were drugs everywhere in my family all day, every day. It was the ’60s and ’70s and Tatum and I had a tough time. I had to go to prison and I have a multitude of DUIs. At least 10. I was basically an alcoholic but I did every drug on the planet. I had problems with cocaine and speed too.”

Today, he reports, “I’m three and half years sober. I’ve had stints of sobriety throughout my life. I was raised in rehabilitation center and institutions and I think I graduated from high school in my third rehab in 1982. That’s the part that is heartbreaking but maybe also inspiration for people dealing with the disease.”

Griffin left Los Angeles in 2007 and moved to a small town near the Mexico border. He’s no longer in touch with his father, who famously punched out his teeth when he was 16.

“The last time I saw my dad, he shot at me because I was trying to help his son [Redmond] get sober so I haven’t talked to him in nine years,” he says. (Ryan was arrested in 2007 for allegedly assaulting Griffin with a firearm. He claimed at the time that it was in self defense.)

Nor is he speaking to Tatum, whom he saw last year. Still, he wishes her well. “My sister is the most caring and loving and wonderful person,” he says. “The battle continues and it’s a battle.”

While his nephew’s book revisits his family’s tortured past, he supports his efforts.

“His life was tough in its own way,” he notes. “He didn’t always have stability. He was always the sweetest little boy. I imagine he’s trying to search and figure out where he came from and the type of people he has in his blood. It will probably break my heart to read it. I have great compassion for my family and I hope for the best for them.”

https://people.com/celebrity/griffin...tion-problems/

rollo likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Poor Redmond. Ryan has all but destroyed his family without even thinking about it. Leigh Taylor-Young was smart to walk away from it all. I can't even watch Ryan's movies; I dislike him that intensely. Just like John Wayne.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    This is interesting. I always thought he had very little to do with his son Patrick, but this article from last year indicates they bought a gym together and Patrick is quoted as saying:

“He’s always given me such wonderful advice, he’s always been my biggest fan,” says Patrick, a three-time sports Emmy winner who is married to Disney exec Summer Imai. “He just means the world to me. I want everyone to know I love my dad.

“For us to have this partnership in this gym…I was so set on making that happen so that we had something to share,” he says.

Story at link: https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...614-story.html
    Is this a hostage situation? Maybe Ryan has a gun pointed at his back. Maybe Patrick was reading from a script. While having a gun pointed at him. Who knows.
    palta, czb and Trixie like this.
    -

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information