Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree354Likes

Thread: Ryan O'Neal Reunites with Daughter Tatum O'Neal and Grandkids

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    I bet the reconciliation efforts came mostly from Tatum's kids or maybe Tatum herself. O'Neal mostly saw himself as a victim of circumstance, not the asshat that he actually is.
    I would not be surprised. It kind of reminds me of Angelina's reuniting with Jon Voigt. Ironically, I think the grandkids are usually the motivator for this. But a lot of adult children seem to want to be on good terms with their parents when they can see the end is in sight. My cousin cared for her a-hole dad in the last 2 years of his life. If you read her facebook posts, you would think he was Mr. Rodgers X Fred MacMurry to the Hugh Beaumont power.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    No. Nope. Not going to go on my usual rant about what an evil monster Ryan has been.

Just need to add three things: 1) Farrah was shite too. 2) I will always root for Tatum, because she went thru hell. 3) You know who turned out to be a great father? John McEnroe.
    Abso-fucking-lutely to ALL of the above, man. Well said.

He is an abusive pig who deserves not only to die for his crimes against his children and various women, but to do so painfully.

Yeah, I said it. I don't know that I've ever uttered those words about another human being (outside the safe confines of my head) but I'll stand behind it.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I would not be surprised. It kind of reminds me of Angelina's reuniting with Jon Voigt. Ironically, I think the grandkids are usually the motivator for this. But a lot of adult children seem to want to be on good terms with their parents when they can see the end is in sight. My cousin cared for her a-hole dad in the last 2 years of his life. If you read her facebook posts, you would think he was Mr. Rodgers X Fred MacMurry to the Hugh Beaumont power.

...you would think he was Mr. Rodgers X Fred MacMurry to the Hugh Beaumont power....

I have to steal this.
    MohandasKGanja and holly like this.

Quote Originally Posted by firebrat1229 View Post
    Abso-fucking-lutely to ALL of the above, man. Well said.

He is an abusive pig who deserves not only to die for his crimes against his children and various women, but to do so painfully.

Yeah, I said it. I don't know that I've ever uttered those words about another human being (outside the safe confines of my head) but I'll stand behind it.
    I think JMac already said it...

" John McEnroe is sharing what he thinks about his former father-in-law.

The tennis legend turned his attention to Ryan O’Neal on Thursday during his debut on Bravo’s “Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen."

When McEnroe was asked about the "best and worst part" of having the 77-year-old actor as his in-law while married to O'Neal's daughter, actress Tatum O’Neal – he didn’t hold back in his criticism of the “Peyton Place” alum.

“What was it, the worst and best? Because I don't think there was a best. Unfortunately,” said McEnroe, who remained married to O’Neal from 1986 until their divorce in 1994. “He happens to be at this particular time a particularly heinous individual, unfortunately,” the tennis broadcast analyst added

Per the outlet, McEnroe, 60, explained that O’Neal initially “had a lot of charm” and claimed that marijuana often helped to calm O’Neal down.

“You could relax him a little bit after a day of not eating and going in the sauna for hours at a time with his ex, Farrah Fawcett. A little crazy or a lot crazy, it was difficult,” McEnroe said. “But he didn't treat his kids too well either. So that impacted me and my kids.”

McEnroe shares three children with Tatum, along with two daughters with his current wife, musician Patty Smyth – who he's been married to since 1997. In her autobiography "A Paper Life," Tatum alleged that O'Neal was physically and emotionally abusive and blamed him for her struggles with drugs.

Additionally, McEnroe – who was known for his intense emotional outbursts during his playing days also mentioned that the late Farrah Fawcett was his pseudo-mother-in-law and detailed what it was like to be in the company of the “Charlie’s Angels” bombshell.
    firebrat1229 likes this.

Wow. Those boys look just like Ryan did when young.

Tatum's mom was beautiful. Then again, so was she once.

It's too bad she fucked it up with McEnroe (or whatever happened).

I'll put money on it that old man Ryan now barely knows where he is most of the time. Obvs on a good med regimen. For now.
    DawnM74 and firebrat1229 like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Tatum's mom was lovely, but she had drug and alcohol issues too. Pretty sad when Ryan O'Neal is deemed the better parent and gets custody of the kids. From what I've read, Tatum was still very loyal and supported her financially, and was there for her when she died of lung cancer.

Can't say I think much of his parenting, or Farrah's either. Redmond is probably the most fucked up of all. At least Tatum's kids got a chance at normalcy with their dad and his 2nd wife.
    tulip, DawnM74, HWBL and 3 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I wouldn't let Ryan O'Neal near a rat's babies. The man is the definition of creep.
    Trixie, czb, DawnM74 and 9 others like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

i desperately want to tidy up the mess in the back.
    i hate it when people take photos without paying attention to what's in the background.
    Waterslide, HWBL, BITTER and 4 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

sput - i adore you but disagree. maybe it's because i am a slob at heart but what i see in the foreground of this picture is painful. ugh.
    sputnik, Waterslide and BITTER like this.

I never even noticed that background until Sputnik mentioned it.
    sputnik and Beeyotch like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i desperately want to tidy up the mess in the back.
    i hate it when people take photos without paying attention to what's in the background.
    Too funny. I pay attention to that stuff too, whether it be old family pictures or whatever. With the covid zoom era, there's that twitter page @ratemyskyperoom which I love. Here I thought I was the only one judging them but it's a big thing now. Orchids and pineapples lol.
    sputnik and twitchy2.0 like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

trying to multiquote but the board is being a dick.
    czb - that too
    Re: the background my brain just automatically zeroes in on stuff like the background. I swear it’s involuntary
    czb, lindsaywhit and Trixie like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm kind of a...I'm not a slob, but I have too much stuff I haven't purged and I'm also not in my own space anymore so it makes me feel better when I notice people's houses aren't perfect. I noticed the clutter and half felt better about my life and half wanted to straighten it up. But I also find it easier to organize other people's houses than my own. What is that? ...but I also noticed the bookcases and figure there is something up there I want to read, probably.
    sputnik and lindsaywhit like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Tatum's mom was lovely, but she had drug and alcohol issues too. Pretty sad when Ryan O'Neal is deemed the better parent and gets custody of the kids. From what I've read, Tatum was still very loyal and supported her financially, and was there for her when she died of lung cancer.

Can't say I think much of his parenting, or Farrah's either. Redmond is probably the most fucked up of all. At least Tatum's kids got a chance at normalcy with their dad and his 2nd wife.

Apparently he's also schizophrenic (aside from being a junkie) and now in a Mental State Hospital. This guy just didn't have a chance in hell with parents like O'Neal and Fawcett. Kinda like Bobbi Kristina with Brown and Houston.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Farrah gets a pass from people because of the tragedy of dying relatively young. But I truly believe that she was a lax parent. She allegedly was a kleptomaniac herself. AGC had a couple of blinds about her lifting stuff from upscale shops in LA/Beverly Hills. Her agent would always send someone to the store with a check to cover the costs of the items stolen.
    sputnik, Penelope and Brookie like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information