Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ryan Gosling has chicken love

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I hate those movies too.
    The story was STUPID, IMO.
    Who the hell falls in love with a sex doll and doesn't even f*ck it. Then the whole town acts like she's real? Come on.
    The whole movie is about loving someone who isn't entirely well...its a small town where everyone knows everyone, and this is the kid who was never 'quite right' but everyone loves him because he's a good kid.

And so, the craziest thing he's ever done makes him the sanest he has ever been...so as a community they decide to support him as he works through it.

And the doll dies in the end because he doesn't need her anymore to be normal, not just to have a funeral for a sex doll for amusement value

For anyone who's ever lived in a close-knit small town (which I have) who has had great affection for someone not normal (and a little socially retarded) this movie is for you. Otherwise you'll be left scratching your head.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

^ Yeah, I know what it was about, I just don't ever see that really happening.

If I take a sex doll around my small town (an island of 103 people) people will talk, point fingers, laugh and call me the nutter that I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    ^ Yeah, I know what it was about, I just don't ever see that really happening.

If I take a sex doll around my small town (an island of 103 people) people will talk, point fingers, laugh and call me the nutter that I am.
    Ah well, I guess I live in a kookier small town Like I said, I can get that people wouldn't like it, I just don't want there to be a lack of opposing viewpoint
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Lola, we have this guy on our island that is retarded and he thinks he is Roscoe P. Coltrane (Dukes of Hazzard). Ever since we were little he has stood at the end of his driveway and tries to stop everyone that rides by on their bikes, just to give them a ticket. He even goes as far as to taking his bike and chasing you, all the while he is making siren sounds with his mouth and talking on his make believe walkie talkie. No one ever mistreated him, but we never made him believe that he was really Roscoe either. LOL!

Then, several years ago my brother became Sheriff of this county and got new uniforms for his staff. He decided to give "Roscoe" an old uniform, now the poor guy stands outside in that uniform and really thinks he's a Sheriff. LOL!!!!!!

Haha, that's awesome..and awful at the same time.

My experience is somewhat opposite. Our small town had a man, Mr. Brown, who my grandmother had known her whole life. He was about 10 years older than she and had always been the quiet type, but nothing unusual. They went to school together and he was the geeky but likeable sort who tutored other students and read a lot.

He was drafted to war during WWII and his entire unit was killed except for him.

When he came back, he didn't like to go out or talk..he was still kind, but he wouldn't look you in the eye if he could avoid it. He lived with his parents for the next thirty-forty years, until they died, working on their farm, going to church and staying inside. When they died, he took over the farm and became even more reclusive. This was about the time I got to know him; I met him when I was around six, and even then I could see that this good person could not stand himself. He was self concious about everything, apologizing every five seconds and just wanting to get away.

He worked on his farm all day, then would leave bushels of veggies for people all over town. Not directly, just on their doorsteps, etc. He also had a fresh water well on his property and he would leave water for people, too, especially for people who had been sick recently.

When he turned eighty, he gave himself an enema (as to not make too much mess) and took poison and killed himself. The whole town was shattered. We all loved him so much; He didn't want to be any trouble for anyone when he died and as his parents had died in their eighties and he had been the one to find the body both times(Released bowels, etc), he didn't want to 'risk being a bother' so he died in the suit he wanted to be buried in, had everything set up for him to be buried.

Somehow I feel the town would have responded similarly to the people in the movie, no matter how bizarre, if they thought it would bring him out of his shell.
    Last edited by WhateverLolaWants; May 1st, 2008 at 01:59 PM.
    Do it anyway

wow..after seeing the title and after the T.R. thread, I thought he might be in love with an 18 year old twink.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

^ That is a sad story. Sounded like a true gentleman. What a loss!

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    wow..after seeing the title and after the T.R. thread, I thought he might be in love with an 18 year old twink.
    Yeah, actually that's why I came in here, too. It was like, Damn, from Rachel McAdams to boy toy? Didn't see that one coming... ;D
    Do it anyway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information