Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: Ryan Adams scares fans after drug abuse and Mandy Moore wedding tweets

Yeah, he sounds angry and bitter. Maybe Mandy isn't all thrills and excitement, but dude you were married to her for 5+ years, you must have liked her at some point. Also, it's shitty to say that you can't remember marrying someone, some things should just be left unsaid no matter how bitter you are.

Bronze Member

Indie rock is my favorite kind of music, but i can honestly say i've never heard a single Ryan Adams song. Am i missing anything good?

All i know about him (other than that he married Mandy) is the time he flipped out on stage & had a tantrum, because someone in the audience hollered "Play 'Summer of '69', man!" Which i find funny.
    palta, sprynkles, Trixie and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Piece View Post

All i know about him (other than that he married Mandy) is the time he flipped out on stage & had a tantrum, because someone in the audience hollered "Play 'Summer of '69', man!" Which i find funny.
    That would have been HYSTERICAL to see.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

That's pretty funny. I guess he decided to make the most of it later. He covered Run To You also. (my fav BA song btw)

Bronze Member

^^I love "Run to You" too. That's a really great song.
    I'm glad Ryan decided to make the most of the Bryan Adams heckling. Makes him look like less of a douchebag by going along with the joke rather than getting all butthurt.
    sprynkles and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

Someone must have told him it's hip to be square or some such 80s-ism so he caved. He has been known to be a drama queen to the nth degree. Still, his voice sounds beautiful on that song. I like more Bryan Adams songs than I should.

This is probably Ryan's most popular, recognized song. He filmed this video 4 days before 9/11 and...I'm sure some people will I'm sappy AF, but it still gets to me. (I'm a lyrics whore so I'd love the song without the eerie video.)

holly and Mrs P like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Someone must have told him it's hip to be square or some such 80s-ism so he caved. He has been known to be a drama queen to the nth degree. Still, his voice sounds beautiful on that song. I like more Bryan Adams songs than I should.

This is probably Ryan's most popular, recognized song. He filmed this video 4 days before 9/11 and...I'm sure some people will I'm sappy AF, but it still gets to me. (I'm a lyrics whore so I'd love the song without the eerie video.)

Another eerie video and lyrics are Enjoy the Silence by Depeche Mode. Their video was banned/blocked for a while after 9/11. They were playing on top of one of the World Trade buildings. Some of the lyrics:

“Words like violence
    Break the silence
    Come crashing in
    Into my little world
    Painful to me
    Pierce right through me”
    Mrs P likes this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    Another eerie video and lyrics are Enjoy the Silence by Depeche Mode. Their video was banned/blocked for a while after 9/11. They were playing on top of one of the World Trade buildings. Some of the lyrics:

“Words like violence
    Break the silence
    Come crashing in
    Into my little world
    Painful to me
    Pierce right through me”
    That is really eerie. Were they performing at World Trade Center or was the music playing in the building? How fucking horrifying.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

That is really eerie. Were they performing at World Trade Center or was the music playing in the building? How fucking horrifying.
    They were on top of the building. Of course, they were there years before 9/11 happened.
    Waterslide, Mrs P and Annika like this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

I remember hearing/reading about that too & thought it was pretty hysterical.
    sputnik and pinkbunnyslippers like this.

he's a dick and always has been. someone should lock him in a room with john mayer and film the whole thing and sell it as a comedy special.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

They were on top of the building. Of course, they were there years before 9/11 happened.
    Ok, that's still creepy...I mean, who could have known, but if I were the band I'd be creeped out.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    he's a dick and always has been. someone should lock him in a room with john mayer and film the whole thing and sell it as a comedy special.
    There was another similar dick at the time...Jack White? Someone who would flounce off stage a lot. Kind of like a cross between Chevy Chase and Mariah Carey, the lot of them.
    sputnik likes this.

Man this really hit me in the feels today. I've been so emotional the past couple of weeks anyway, but I always get a little bit sad, even if it's just for a second, when I see the WTC towers. But knowing what happened just a few days after this was filmed, with those towers prominently in the background, just really chokes me up. Knowing so many innocent lives lost, so many first responders, especially firefighters losing their lives trying to save others. That day changed everything, not just for New Yorkers, but for the entire country.

Sorry, I know I sound so...IDK...cheesy? But almost all of my extended family lives in NJ (as did I until I was 7), less than 20 miles away, & several of them commuted to Manhattan. So I was pretty damn horrified when this all happened. So many weird strokes of luck that none of them were there that day. One of them had a dentist appointment, one was on disability at the time, & the other one had quit traveling to NY for work just a few months earlier (which I didn't know at the time). We also had friends who were there visiting at the time & their hotel was not far from ground zero, & we didn't know if they were OK (they were)...just so much emotionally.
    Waterslide and lindsaywhit like this.

Bronze Member

Another eerie video and lyrics are Enjoy the Silence by Depeche Mode. Their video was banned/blocked for a while after 9/11. They were playing on top of one of the World Trade buildings.
    IMO the eeriest music relating to 9/11 is the album Yankee Hotel Foxtrot by the band Wilco. Lyrics on the album seem to be about what happened on 9/11, even though the album was completed before 9/11 and in fact was supposed to be released on 9/11/01. (It had that date all officially lined up as it's release date, but due to some record label fuckery, the release was canceled at the very last minute because the label thought the album was "too weird", it was shelved for a little while, and eventually released, unaltered, on another label in early 2002.--which itself is an interesting & eerie story.)

Some of the lyrics in one of the songs:
    "Tall buildings shake
    Voices escape singing sad sad songs ...
    Voices whine
    Skyscrapers are scraping together
    Your voice is smoking"

Another song mentions "moving forward through the flaming doors" and death. There's a song called "Ashes of American Flags". The photo on the album cover is of two tall buildings. It's a really freaky, great album.
    holly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    Man this really hit me in the feels today. I've been so emotional the past couple of weeks anyway, but I always get a little bit sad, even if it's just for a second, when I see the WTC towers. But knowing what happened just a few days after this was filmed, with those towers prominently in the background, just really chokes me up. Knowing so many innocent lives lost, so many first responders, especially firefighters losing their lives trying to save others. That day changed everything, not just for New Yorkers, but for the entire country.

Sorry, I know I sound so...IDK...cheesy? But almost all of my extended family lives in NJ (as did I until I was 7), less than 20 miles away, & several of them commuted to Manhattan. So I was pretty damn horrified when this all happened. So many weird strokes of luck that none of them were there that day. One of them had a dentist appointment, one was on disability at the time, & the other one had quit traveling to NY for work just a few months earlier (which I didn't know at the time). We also had friends who were there visiting at the time & their hotel was not far from ground zero, & we didn't know if they were OK (they were)...just so much emotionally.
    Yeah, I know how you feel. I don't dwell on 9/11, but every once in a while it hits me in the feels out of nowhere. I can't predict when it's going to happen either. But it's crazy how many stories came out of that - bad and good.

IMO the eeriest music relating to 9/11 is the album Yankee Hotel Foxtrot by the band Wilco. Lyrics on the album seem to be about what happened on 9/11, even though the album was completed before 9/11 and in fact was supposed to be released on 9/11/01. (It had that date all officially lined up as it's release date, but due to some record label fuckery, the release was canceled at the very last minute because the label thought the album was "too weird", it was shelved for a little while, and eventually released, unaltered, on another label in early 2002.--which itself is an interesting & eerie story.)

Some of the lyrics in one of the songs:
    "Tall buildings shake
    Voices escape singing sad sad songs ...
    Voices whine
    Skyscrapers are scraping together
    Your voice is smoking"

Another song mentions "moving forward through the flaming doors" and death. There's a song called "Ashes of American Flags". The photo on the album cover is of two tall buildings. It's a really freaky, great album.
    I know what album you're talking about, but hadn't remembered about the songs. That story sounds familiar to me, though. The buildings on the album are Marina Towers in Chicago.

holly likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information