Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Russell Crowe and wife Danielle Spencer split after nine years

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    He was incredible in l.a. confidential. I still don't want to bang him though.
    Same goes for gosling. Great actor, village idiot face.
    I thought I was the only one who thought Ryan Gosling wasn't that great looking, but he really does have village idiot face.

I guess this picture was taken recently?

"AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^Yesterday, I think? Hate the beard but whatta ya gonna do? I don't quite understand the buzzcut..

Whenever I see him like this I remember a piece at Salon.com from a few years ago which was in praise of the 'barrel chested man'. [the whole piece is great and features one of my favorite barrel chested men, Robert Mitchum]

No wonder Bud White (Russell Crowe) was such a tremendous turn-on in 1997′s “L.A. Confidential.” Director Curtis Hanson made him meat up in the 1950s way; Crowe ate a lot of steak and watched Aldo Ray and Sterling Hayden movies. He didn’t train with a kickboxer or get a “body by Jake” — he porked out and studied how Hayden or Ray would walk through a door (doorknobs serve no purpose; you just shove it open). Consequently, he allowed women (and men) the pleasure of watching one of the most insanely sexy performances in cinematic history. You had to gasp when Bud grabbed Lynn Bracken (Kim Basinger) and with no questions, no playing around, just kissed her. He confused many women who think they are supposed to be in love with that dumbshit from the gym or that spindly-legged bicycle messenger/musician/poet. Fuck those guys. Crowe’s broad-chested lug had more passion oozing from his uptight white cop shirt than any young, sensitive guy who pretends to understand his boundaries with women.
    Here's a bit at Deadline on The Man With the Iron Fists, with trailer. 'I always bring a gun to a knife fight'.

Hot Trailer: Russell Crowe In ‘The Man With The Iron Fists’

Russell Crowe is going in all different directions as he reengages in film starring roles. He’s playing Noah for Darren Aronofsky, is a corrupt ruthless mayor in Broken City and sings as Javert in Les Miserables. Perhaps no Crowe choice left people scratching their heads more than The Man With The Iron Fists, a kung-fu flick for Universal that stars RZA. I’m always hoping to see Crowe play characters as memorable as Bud White in L.A. Confidential, or Maximus in Gladiator, or Jeffrey Wigand in The Insider or John Nash in A Beautiful Mind. His turn as Jack Knife in Iron Fists seems more in line with his role in The Quick And The Dead, but it is certainly good to see Crowe slimming down and going after it again. There are few actors who bring such intensity and testosterone to the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post

Whenever I see him like this I remember a piece at Salon.com from a few years ago which was in praise of the 'barrel chested man'. [the whole piece is great and features one of my favorite barrel chested men, Robert Mitchum]
    Aww, I really like your taste in men. Skarsgård, Crowe, Mitchum? Very nice.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercer View Post
    Aww, I really like your taste in men. Skarsgård, Crowe, Mitchum? Very nice.
    Thank you! In my mind they all pale in comparison to this one..

Callalily likes this.

Silver Member

John Garfield. Love him.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information