Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Rupert Murdoch and Jerry Hall engaged, announced in The Times

he's old and rich but he's not dumb. i'm sure they'll have an iron-clad prenup and there will be no need for fighting and jerry will get a nice chunk of change but it will all be carefully arranged and won't affect his kids.
    this in the event that he kicks the bucket or that they get divorced which, even though he's 84, is still possible. he's quite the man whore.
    panic, arie_skop, Novice and 1 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    ^^^I think they were married from 1990 to 1999, they had a Hindu ceremony and later Mick, cheap as he is, claimed it wasn't a legal marriage.

Why would Jerry Hall marry a a 84 year old man? And why would a 84 year old man marry Jerry Hall? i don't get anthing about this.
    "Hall started dating Mick Jagger in 1977, after first meeting in 1976.[13] They attended an unofficial private marriage ceremony on November 21, 1990, in Bali, in Indonesia;[14] the marriage and the marriage ceremony were later declared invalid by the High Court of England and Wales in London in 1999."
    "Issued via PR agency LD Publicity, the Jagger statement read: "To avoid any misinterpretation and speculation, Mick Jagger's lawyers, Smyth Barkham, wish to state they will be contesting Jerry Hall's divorce petition on the grounds that Mick Jagger and Jerry Hall are not, and never have been, married."
    Advertisement

No further details were given, but last night's claim mirrors reports which emerged during an earlier bust-up between the Rolling Stones front man and the Texan former model in August 1992.

Then it was claimed that the priest who officiated at the couple's Hindu wedding ceremony on the Indonesian island of Bali did not receive the necessary legal documents. It was claimed there had been only one witness to the ceremony and a letter of authority had not been obtained from the British consul."

Hum...I wonder why Jerry Hall would marry a Zillionaire....

He has already sorted out a "family trust" for the 1st set of kids. The 2nd set of kids got added later (no comment on if they have voting rights though).
    Jerry isn't going to give up anything, nor is he.

Media mogul Rupert Murdoch 'will marry supermodel Jerry Hall at St Bride's church on Fleet Street next month'

• Rupert Murdoch will marry ex-supermodel Jerry Hall at St Bride's church
    • Church, on Fleet Street, describes itself as 'spiritual home of the media'
    • Couple will marry on March 5 following a whirlwind five month romance
    • They made relationship public on October 31 at Rugby World Cup final

By THOMAS BURROWS FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 15:12, 12 February 2016 | UPDATED: 19:20, 12 February 2016

Media mogul and billionaire Rupert Murdoch will marry former supermodel Jerry Hall at St Bride's church on Fleet Street, the spiritual home of British journalism.
    The 84-year-old owner of News UK will tie the knot with former actress Hall, 59, on Saturday March 5, following a five-month courtship.
    The venue he has chosen describes itself as the 'spiritual home of the media' and the 'journalists' church'.

+7

Rupert Murdoch plants a kiss on his wife-to-be's cheek during the World Cup Final - the couple will wed on March 5 at the 'spiritual home of the media'

+7

The couple will tie the knot after a five-month whirlwind romance (they are pictured together at the Golden Globe Awards on January 10 this year)

Read more: Rupert Murdoch to marry Jerry Hall at St Bride's church on Fleet Street | Daily Mail Online

I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

God, how depressing for her. Start a jewelry line for QVC or write some smut or something, don't sink this low. The man is scum.
    arie_skop, czb, Bluebonnet and 3 others like this.

I'm confused about this. I need to go watch Showgirls to make some sense of the world.

fgg

Jerry Hall & Rupert Murdoch to marry this weekend after 7-week engagement

Jerry Hall & Rupert Murdoch attended this year’s Vanity Fair Oscar party. Jerry wore Vivienne Westwood and I have to say, she looked pretty great. Jerry is 59 years old – she’ll be 60 in July. Rupert is 84 years old – he’ll be 85 next week. Apparently, Rupert doesn’t want to be an old groom, because he’s rushing Jerry down the aisle! Jerry and Rupert just got engaged in mid-January, after only four months of dating. And now they’re going to get married THIS WEEKEND.

Rupert Murdoch and Jerry Hall will hold a “wedding celebration” on March 5 at St Bride’s Church on Fleet Street in London. The couple, who announced their engagement on January 10 after a four-month courtship, will hold the celebration at the Christopher Wren-designed church, situated in the area previously known as the heart of London’s newspaper publishing industry.

Claire Seaton from St Bride’s told Reuters the pair will be married elsewhere but “will be having a service to celebrate the marriage.”

[From Sydney Morning Herald]

I do feel like this is Murdoch and not Jerry. Like, she has never been the woman to rush a man into marriage. She and Mick Jagger were famously not married for years, meanwhile Rupert Murdoch is rushing into his fourth marriage with a woman he’s been with for less than six months. It does seem sudden. But maybe when you’re that age, you’re like “Eh, why not? What’s the worst that could happen?”

Jerry also covers the latest issue of Hello Magazine, where she shares her wedding plans. Again, for this weekend.

http://www.celebitchy.com/473641/jer...ek_engagement/
    sluce likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

^ Oh, the curse of Hello!

Well I guess it can't be speculated that she's pregnant. Why such the rush?
    sluce likes this.

fgg

^$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    darksithbunny and effie2 like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

She and Mick Jagger were famously not married for years,

Jerry thought they were married. When they split, she filed for divorce. She was then blindsided because she thought their Bali wedding had been real but Mick never took care of the paperwork, so the High Court ruled their marriage was voided. It was a dirty trick on Mick's part. I remember when they were still together and they were always called husband and wife and referred to as married throughout the 90's.

See this old People article:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,615210,00.html
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    Well I guess it can't be speculated that she's pregnant. Why such the rush?
    The guy's 84.She's not taking any chances.

She wants the honeymoon to go with a swing!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    ^$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    OK, that's her side of the story but I don't understand him. It's not like she's a virgin and have to wait till the wedding or something.

"He's old and rich" you people are so cynical. There could be plenty of reasons - maybe she's pregnant and they have to get married lol.

Last edited by AgentOrange; March 3rd, 2016 at 09:37 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information