Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Rupert Everett “can’t think of anything worse than being brought up by 2 gay dads”

If either of the two dads is like Rupert, I'd have to agree.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Has his career dried up from him coming out or because he is an asshole and no one wants to work with him?

My guess is the second considering other celebs who have come out have thriving careers (Neil Patrick Harris, Ellen DeGeneres, Ian McKellen, Matt Bomer, etc.). But he's always been a twat, these comments prove it.

But I guess this is his way of getting attention.

A*O

He did one of those "Who Do You Think You Are" TV shows and his family history is quite interesting, but throughout he kept commenting on the fact he's gay in that slightly aggressive way. I'm afraid his career probably has suffered after he came out so I can understand why so many other gay actors prefer to remain in the closet. But he's not helping himself by being such a cunty bitch about it.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

No wonder he and the Hadge got on so well. Weren't they friends for awhile?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Well, I can't say I disagree with him but he really didn't need to say it.

He came out ages ago, long before Ellen or anyone of that type, and I do think it damaged his movie career a lot. I think he's a self-hating gay because it sounds like he had a pretty strict, damaging childhood and his mom still doesn't accept him, and then he saw his career damaged because of being gay, so he turned into a self-hating twat. I don't think he's ever had a decent relationship either.
    lizzybabe and Osakan like this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    He came out ages ago, long before Ellen or anyone of that type, and I do think it damaged his movie career a lot. I think he's a self-hating gay because it sounds like he had a pretty strict, damaging childhood and his mom still doesn't accept him, and then he saw his career damaged because of being gay, so he turned into a self-hating twat. I don't think he's ever had a decent relationship either.

Yeah I think I remember him saying he wishes he hadn't come out and that gay actors should stay in the closet (that was him who said that, right?).

He seems like a very unhappy person.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    .. why do people keep asking him questions?
    Possibly for the same reason we keep poking trolls - for the explosion of verbal diarrhea that inevitably spews out.

He's media gold when he says ridiculous stuff like this as the bigots get to quote him as proof that gays having kids is wrong (because if "one of them" says it's wrong then gosh darn it! It must be wrong!) and everyone else gets to rip a strip off him for being a sour old wax faced hag.

If he doesn't want children then that's all well and good as it saves some poor kid from having his deeply unresolved issues dumped on them too, but he has no right to say that any other gay man or woman shouldn't enjoy the trials and tribulations of parenthood and raise healthy, happy kids.
    faithanne and A*O like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    Since his career was tied to his beauty as a young man (goddamn he was smoking!), aging is probably what killed it, not coming out.

If he had been a fine Shakespearean or pushed his talents, he'd have made it through - just like so many others have. Rupert is just all mopey because he isn't a gorgeous man anymore and can't get cast on those assets.

What was his last major film? Some Madonna crap fest? That shows a certain lack of seriousness for acting.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information