Page 8 of 219 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
Like Tree3877Likes

Thread: The Royalty Thread

Ι remember my communist father foaming at the mouth when Don Juan married Sophia.I was a kid then and i still remember all the hoopla!We gave Sophia a very large sum for him to marry her,Greece was just emerging from a war AND a civil war..He was a pal of her brother ,they trained for Olympic sailing together.Of course our left leaning papers were calling DJC *the Tender Prince*(tender meaning gay)and suggesting he was more interested in her brother than her.There were pictures of Constantine and DJC doing karate training and going sailing.Sophia was coached to be a nice queen and she is.While i was in Spain when people heard i was Greek they got excited and gave us special treatement.Spaniards love Sophia.DHC not so much.Older ones dont forget it was Franco himself who brought the Astourias back to the throne..
    BITTER and Novice like this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Great dish, Effie. Now, I've heard that Prince Felipe was the switch hitter, but as they say, the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Well,Bitter ,if he was Leticia surely took over.He was a real moma,s boy but he fell so madly in love he told Mamma flat out he would marry Leticia ,she is the only one,and if that meant he had to step away from the throne,so be it.Sophia had to give in,but she keeps pushing for one more (male)child and anorexic Leticia HATES it..lol

I think it should be whoever the firstborn is. I think the Scandinavian countries do it this way.

Is it true that the King doesn't like Princess Letizia?
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

I ve heard that none of the royal family really like her,the extra ugly sisters hate her guts.It is said that Leticia was critical of DJC in her journo days.And yes,he had to sign the deal for the first born because Leticia put her foot down about her breeding more.They also say she is a few years older than what she clains to be!

A*O

Speaking of ugly sisters, here's the Spanish Infanta Cristina and Infanta Elena.

BITTER likes this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I love how they call royal princesses infantas, even when they're old women. It always reminds me of Blackadder.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Wow, los infantas are majorly JACKED!
    Isn't Elena rumored to have Asperger's or something?

A*O

There's certainly a lot of very dodgy DNA in the Spanish nobility. Too much intermarriage among the Borbons. Think of the Duchess of Alba for a start and then do a Google "Borbon" search for a real rocky horror show.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Kate got a really bad nose job, and from certain angles is looks unfortunate.
    Looks like it's melting!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been posted any where on this site. This is my first time seeing this, because I didn't follow or care for their wedding. Hilarious!

Still extremely funny. And there IS one ginger and one brunette princess!

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    I think she had a type in that they had to be royal and/or handsome and/or wealthy and/or famous!
    "Decent" would've been a good criterion. I think she only hit that one with the surgeon dude.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    There's certainly a lot of very dodgy DNA in the Spanish nobility. Too much intermarriage among the Borbons. Think of the Duchess of Alba for a start and then do a Google "Borbon" search for a real rocky horror show.
    If you Google Bourbon or Hapsburg with "inbred" the images are even, uh, better!
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

The groom's father did not attend the wedding.

Inside the Glamorous Life of Britain’s First Black Marchioness

Emma McQuiston is about to make history, and it's not because of her fairytale castle wedding this past June to Ceawlin Thynn, Viscount Weymouth, which included 355 guests, a staff of almost 200 and a magician.

The British bombshell is set to become Britain's first black marchioness, which is just one step below a duchess. McQuiston currently holds the title of Viscountess Weymouth.

"It's been a positive thing just to show that, you know, hopefully race doesn't need to determine who you are, what you're like or where you need to be," McQuiston, 27, told ABC News' "20/20" in her first American television interview. "Of course it should be irrelevant."

Though technically a commoner, McQuiston had far from humble beginnings. Coming from wealth, her mother is a British socialite, and her father is an Oxford University-educated Nigerian oil tycoon.

Thynn's father is Alexander, the infamous Marquess of Bath, known for his long hair, flamboyant clothing, and the images of naked woman he painted over the walls of his estate, named Longleat, where McQuiston and Thynn now live. When Alexander passes away, Thynn and McQuiston will assume the titles of Marquess and Marchioness of Bath.

It was at another family wedding that the two first met as children. She was just three years old.
    "In my mind, Emma was always a child, or a teenager, you know," Thynn, 39, told 20/20. "We re-met and Emmy was now an adult and a new dynamic ensued."

"I already knew him and the family, but I never dreamed this would happen," McQuiston said. "I think I wouldn't even let myself hope before that this would happen because it's just so surreal. Still, [it] is quite surreal now."
    When McQuiston married Thynn, she not only married a aristocrat, but she also married into a business.

Longleat has a safari park and a couple of restaurants and was the first stately home in England to open to the public in order to pay its taxes. The estate is also a venue for conferences and weddings. While living at Longleat, McQuiston represents the estate and becomes a part of its history.

"I'm having my portrait painted, for example, so that will be then put up at Longleat and hopefully stay here for a long time," McQuiston explained. "You become part of a long line that goes back and will hopefully continue.

That's what you want. You just want the house to survive, and you do everything you can to maintain it, look after it and support it ... to sort of protect it."

In spite of her wealth, the 27-year-old actually has career plans of her own. Interested in fashion, McQuiston posed for the cover of "You" magazine just a couple of months ago. She also has ambitions of having her own cooking show and has her own food blog.

"My mum originally taught me to cook...growing up I just became, you know, more curious about nutrition and, you know, food from across the seas," McQuiston explained.

Even with her fortunate upbringing, McQuiston still feels lucky to be living at Longleat.

"Just, you never take it for granted. You [can] never not be appreciative...of being so fortunate," McQuiston said.

"I didn't predict this would happen at all. I could never have dreamt or hoped for this or let myself."
    Inside the Glamorous Life of Britain’s First Black Marchioness - ABC News

If they were smart they did not invite the father,who appears just short of a raving lunitic. She is truly in love with her husband and he adores her. She seems to be all about work. That is a wild estate!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

OMG, she's a total knockout. So lovely. Go girl...move like Harlow in Monte Carlo and all that shit....

If you Google Bourbon or Hapsburg with "inbred" the images are even, uh, better!
    Small wonder that they marry commoners. I actually think that it improves their gene pool. Even today, all of the royal families are still closely related.
    snoopqueen likes this.

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

It seems presumptuous (and tacky) to refer to her as a marchioness while the father-in-law is still living, it's not like divorce is unheard of among Britain's upper class.

Here are some pictures of Longleat:

Longleat - fr.wikipedia.org

File:Giraffe and Zebra at Longleat Safari Park - geograph.org.uk - 315233.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

So she should not be addressed as a marchioness?

Thread Information