Page 3 of 219 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree3878Likes

Thread: The Royalty Thread

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Princess Michael was a (very) minor Eurotrash "countess" by birth. She married a Brit but the marriage was never consummated so it was annulled and she then married Prince Michael. She's a Catholic so he had to renounce his very distant claim to the throne. She managed to rub the royal family the wrong way from the start with her very grand demeanour with all the airs and graces. They may be the top of the society tree but they are not snobs and that kind of behaviour does not go down at all well. She also cops a lot of flak for her seemingly shameless and relentless quest for money but I give her a break on that because her lifestyle costs a lot and the royal purse doesn't pay for it.
    A*O-- I can read this shit all damn day. ALL day. Just keep it up.

Princess Stephanie's wedding:
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    What was she rebelling against exactly?
    her parents? being a bored, rich princess? i think she just liked bad boys and the fact that her parents were so against that relationship.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    her parents? being a bored, rich princess? i think she just liked bad boys and the fact that her parents were so against that relationship.
    Did she ever finish college? She seems like the most together of Grace's children, although she's rumored to drink and smoke heavily.

A*O

She's now married to that dissolute asshole Prince Ernst of Hanover so I don't blame her. Just a couple of minor quirks of history and they'd be king and queen of England.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Well, I googled him and Phillippe is still a youngster, only 73.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    It would help if our stupid pollies could agree on the structure of a republic in the first place.
    The infuriating thing about the 99 Referedum was that it was virtually rigged against the republican vote. Instead of just asking "Do you want to be a republic? Yes/No" and then, if that got up, working out the mechanics of it, the question was asked about whether Australian wanted a very specific and not particularly well explained model of a republic. Scuppered the momentum of the argument with smoke and mirrors.

EDIT: Look, I agree. I am fascinated by all the weird and wonderful gossip about royals. I just don't want to be ruled by them!
    faithanne likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post

Who is that woman sitting behind Kate? Why does she only spookily appear in one photo in the series?
    I think it's the nanny. They were trying to make out that Prince George wasn't with them so airbrushed the nanny!

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^
    he was pretty sexy IMO. a man whore and a terrible husband and she got stubborn and married him out of rebellion but i can totally get his appeal.
    I agree and the same with her second husband but not the third!

Princess Stephanie's wedding:
    That's the bodyguard!

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    That's the bodyguard!
    Steph was hitting the wall then.

JWL

Does she like the queen? I know the Queen doesn't like her...

One far-fetched Grimaldi rumor I read on Datalounge of all places was that Stefano Casiraghi, Princess Caroline's second husband, and father to her kids, was in reality Prince Albert's bf!!! Now, I'm always looking for teh gay, but that is wayyyyyyyyyy out there.
    That's interesting. No wonder she just laughed and said nothing.

I love reading about Royals and their lifestyle. I'm reading a biography of Princess Grace right now, and she seemed to have a really lonely life. A lot the book is based on interviews with long-time friends from Hollywood that she continued to write to after she became a princess. It did say that she did not want to give Caroline her blessing on marrying her first husband, but Caroline said that they would just live together then, so because of that, plus she was afraid of losing her relationship with her daughter, she and her husband gave their blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by JWL View Post
    That's interesting. No wonder she just laughed and said nothing.
    I'm sure I read somewhere that QEII said that Princess Michael was too grand, even for the BRF.

I love reading about Royals and their lifestyle. I'm reading a biography of Princess Grace right now, and she seemed to have a really lonely life. A lot the book is based on interviews with long-time friends from Hollywood that she continued to write to after she became a princess. It did say that she did not want to give Caroline her blessing on marrying her first husband, but Caroline said that they would just live together then, so because of that, plus she was afraid of losing her relationship with her daughter, she and her husband gave their blessing.
    Grace was miserable. But in some ways, it was of her own doing. She totally thought that she'd be able to persuade Prince Rainier to let her make the occasional film or two, and when he firmly shut her down, I think it hit her what she got herself into. By then, she had Caroline. He cheated on her too IIRC - had a French mistress. He'd throw tantrums, and really laid into her when she got into a heated political discussion with French President DeGaulle. He realized that her charisma and star power attracted people to Monaco, yet he was jealous of her because of it as well.
    Sylkyn likes this.

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by Sassiness View Post

EDIT: Look, I agree. I am fascinated by all the weird and wonderful gossip about royals. I just don't want to be ruled by them!
    Meh, it's not like the monarch has any executive power: she really is just a figurehead who plays no active role in the day to day governmental decisions. In that sense Australia is effectively run like a republic already with an elected and independent Govt. Maybe that's why the republican movement never really gets any traction - the system we have works pretty well all things considered and the queen is just a bit of window dressing. If we were living under the oppressive yoke of a foreign power I'm sure we'd have had a revolution by now.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I think Monaco and Lichtenstein are the only monarchies where the ruler is the actual head of state. Maybe Luxembourg.

I'm sure I read somewhere that QEII said that Princess Michael was too grand, even for the BRF.

Grace was miserable. But in some ways, it was of her own doing. She totally thought that she'd be able to persuade Prince Rainier to let her make the occasional film or two, and when he firmly shut her down, I think it hit her what she got herself into. By then, she had Caroline. He cheated on her too IIRC - had a French mistress. He'd throw tantrums, and really laid into her when she got into a heated political discussion with French President DeGaulle. He realized that her charisma and star power attracted people to Monaco, yet he was jealous of her because of it as well.
    Ooh, who does that sound like?

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Ooh, who does that sound like?
    I give up, rollo, who?

Thread Information