Page 2 of 219 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree3877Likes

Thread: The Royalty Thread

Her face work is frightening though.
    firebrat1229 likes this.

I'm surprised Princess Michael was invited - I thought that the Queen hated her. Oh, I guess she and Prince Philip must get along well...
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Glad to see the Duchess of Kent there. She's usually kept locked up in the East Wing like Mrs Rochester.
    She sort of looks like Mrs. Rochester after the fire.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

JWL

Many years ago Princess Michael of Kent was on a local radio station in San Francisco. I forget now what she was promoting, but the host just treated her like any other guest, and I think at first she was pretty shocked and didn't quite know how to act, but then she relaxed with him and they had a great time. It was really fun to listen as he just started asking her stuff like, so do you like the queen?

Prince William was all ears when Kate spoke to him as they drove to the central London palace
    I see what you did there, you mean ole Daily Mail reporter.

Quote Originally Posted by JWL View Post
    Many years ago Princess Michael of Kent was on a local radio station in San Francisco. I forget now what she was promoting, but the host just treated her like any other guest, and I think at first she was pretty shocked and didn't quite know how to act, but then she relaxed with him and they had a great time. It was really fun to listen as he just started asking her stuff like, so do you like the queen?
    Does she like the queen? I know the Queen doesn't like her...

One far-fetched Grimaldi rumor I read on Datalounge of all places was that Stefano Casiraghi, Princess Caroline's second husband, and father to her kids, was in reality Prince Albert's bf!!! Now, I'm always looking for teh gay, but that is wayyyyyyyyyy out there.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

A*O

Princess Michael was a (very) minor Eurotrash "countess" by birth. She married a Brit but the marriage was never consummated so it was annulled and she then married Prince Michael. She's a Catholic so he had to renounce his very distant claim to the throne. She managed to rub the royal family the wrong way from the start with her very grand demeanour with all the airs and graces. They may be the top of the society tree but they are not snobs and that kind of behaviour does not go down at all well. She also cops a lot of flak for her seemingly shameless and relentless quest for money but I give her a break on that because her lifestyle costs a lot and the royal purse doesn't pay for it.
    Sylkyn and Sassiness like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

^^^
    i like her and her husband. they're also heavy drinkers and allegedly quite fun when they get wasted.

The Great Monaco Mystery. We know that Albert can sire kids so that's not the problem and I assume they would have checked Charlene's fertility before she wept down the aisle so either a problem has subsequently arisen or she's not cooperating. It does seem odd as it was generally assumed his main reason for marrying was to secure the succession away from Caroline's junkie kids.
    according to my diplo monaco friend, charlene is far from the glum cunt she looks like in pictures, and is actually funny and has a dirty mouth on her. and albert is mostly straight (save for some gay experimentation when he was in college) and doesn't care enough about having kids to have married anyone other than charlene, and they're supposed to be trying to have babies but having fertility issues.
    Sassiness, Sunrider and Novice like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Who is that woman sitting behind Kate? Why does she only spookily appear in one photo in the series?
    Rusalka, JazzyGirl and AgentOrange like this.

Princess Michael was a (very) minor Eurotrash "countess" by birth. She married a Brit but the marriage was never consummated so it was annulled and she then married Prince Michael. She's a Catholic so he had to renounce his very distant claim to the throne. She managed to rub the royal family the wrong way from the start with her very grand demeanour with all the airs and graces. They may be the top of the society tree but they are not snobs and that kind of behaviour does not go down at all well. She also cops a lot of flak for her seemingly shameless and relentless quest for money but I give her a break on that because her lifestyle costs a lot and the royal purse doesn't pay for it.
    Yeah, I heard they don't have an allowance. Do they pay rent or do they have a "grace and favour" apartment. I heard that the surviving Romanovs have that arrangement with the Windsors.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    according to my diplo monaco friend, charlene is far from the glum cunt she looks like in pictures, and is actually funny and has a dirty mouth on her. and albert is mostly straight (save for some gay experimentation when he was in college) and doesn't care enough about having kids to have married anyone other than charlene, and they're supposed to be trying to have babies but having fertility issues.
    Oh God. That means Andrea the Druggie will take over the throne. He used to be so handsome, but now he looks like he waits in line at a methadone clinic. What are his chances of inheriting the throne? What would happen if Monaco was just given back to France?

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post

Who is that woman sitting behind Kate? Why does she only spookily appear in one photo in the series?
    That's what I was wondering! In the other pics, you can see the backseats are empty. Spooooooky!!

Princess Michael is a cat person in a family of dog people, that might be why she doesn't get on with the Queen.

I also wonder whatever happened to Phillippe Junot, Caroline's first husband. He must be around 80 now.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    Princess Michael is a cat person in a family of dog people, that might be why she doesn't get on with the Queen.
    Oh, she's a cat person? So am I...guess I should change. In her defense, I'm thinking that unfortunate comment she made towards the black patrons in that restaurant may have been taken out of context. Supposedly she is friends with Condoleeza Rice.

I also wonder whatever happened to Phillippe Junot, Caroline's first husband. He must be around 80 now.
    Wow, was he that much older than Caroline? Grace was NOT happy about that marriage IIRC. But Rainier spoiled her so much - Grace was known to be the disciplinarian, although she was partial to Albert.

Check out Caro's 'do on her wedding day.

^^^
    he was pretty sexy IMO. a man whore and a terrible husband and she got stubborn and married him out of rebellion but i can totally get his appeal.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

What was she rebelling against exactly?

LOL I loved Camilla's picture of her grinning at the paps! She's ALL PROUD to be there! Great shot!
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

Thread Information