Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: ROWDY' RODDY PIPER DIES AT 61 From Cardiac Arrest

this is all kinds of amazing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

He truly was one of the good ones. Thanks for sharing, Roddy. RIP.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.

So sad to hear this. Pretty much the only time my older brother and I got along was when we were watching Portland Wrestling. RIP Roddy. Thank you for the good memories!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Elite Member

RIP Roddy!

A favorite of mine too.
    Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    The wrestling world has been rocked by scandal and death lately...what gives?
    drugs? old ages? to toil that that kind o stress puts on a body? All of the above?
    Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    We just re-watched "They Live" a few months ago. Still an awesome movie. So sad, I wonder if his Hodgkin's treatment caused some sort of heart damage.
    A friend of mine died during another round of chemo for BC, she got a cold & it went to her heart, so I would not be surprised.

I always get him & Roddy Doyle confused....
    Free Charmed.

I remember one time when he swung "nature" boy around the ring by his platinum blonde weave. Good times.
    gas_chick and msdeb like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

This one got me in the feels. My cousin used to dress up like him and hold Piper's Pits in his backyard. Good times. Way to young. The drugs they have to take and the abuse they take is just too much. So many wrestlers have died too young.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    So sad to hear this. Pretty much the only time my older brother and I got along was when we were watching Portland Wrestling. RIP Roddy. Thank you for the good memories!
    Roddy ruled the Portland Wrestling scene.

Someone has put up a ton of the old footage on youtube in the past few years. Roddy's feud with Playboy Buddy Rose and his Army was legendary.

this is my favorite one I've been able to find.

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper shoots on newspaper columnist Steve Duin after the Oregonian writer attacks Portland Wrestling & the fans of professional wrestling

Steve Duin recently covered this and the article a few days ago when Roddy died.

Steve Duin: Rowdy Roddy Piper, at the top of his game | OregonLive.com

this was my comment about the 1983 article:
    Portland Wrestling and Don Owen were legendary in the Northwest.

Piper could deliver the smackdown like no one else. Steve Duin deserved it for thumbing his nose at the wrestling fans imo.

I always thought the laziest column to write was "look how stupid those weirdo wrestling fans are!"

It's the worst kind of elitism. I'm so insecure that I'll feel better by stereotyping an entire fan base and ridiculing them.

First, any time you say any large group of people are ALL like anything, you're going to be wrong.

For every "character" that did something outrageous at ringside there were dozens of people that simply cheered and booed and enjoyed the matches.

For every 82-year-old woman that "took out her false teeth while yelling at the bad guy," there were dozens of kids and college students.

Did wrestling cater to the blue collar? Absolutely.

But you had your fair share of white collar professionals that either enjoyed bringing their kids and enjoyed the matches themselves.

Did you see some junkers in the parking lot? Yes.

But you also saw a lot of mid priced sedans and trucks.

You want to write a column about how stupid you think professional wrestling is? OK. You can call it fake. You can call it bad acting. You can call the wrestlers names. You can call it absurd. Whatever you want, within reason, it's fair game. Every field of sports and entertainment is open to criticism.

But it's lazy, cheap, and bad writing to go after the fans.

"Look how worthy of a person I am because I'm smarter than THOSE people who like professional wrestling."

Talk about insecure.
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    This one got me in the feels. My cousin used to dress up like him and hold Piper's Pits in his backyard. Good times. Way to young. The drugs they have to take and the abuse they take is just too much. So many wrestlers have died too young.
    no normal person could ever survive the hellish schedule those guys keep imo.

They are virtually on the road some 300 days a year. Back in the 80s it was worse as they would wrestle twice on saturdays and sundays.

the toll on their body is immense. most have artificial joints, hips & etc after retiring.
    msdeb likes this.
    @NickoMoralesXXX

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information