Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Rosie O’Donnell’s teenage daughter is missing

So she ran away to be with a boy?.......

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/news...150711722.html

Cops: Rosie O'Donnell's missing daughter was 'of sound mind'
    ‎August‎ ‎19‎, ‎2015

SOUTHNYACK, N.Y. (AP) — Rosie O'Donnell's teenage daughter was "of sound mind and body" when she was found in New Jersey after she left home for a week, police in New York said Wednesday.

Sgt. Daniel Wilson said Chelsea O'Donnell was found by South Nyack police a day earlier in Barnegat, New Jersey, at the house of a male she was "recently acquainted with." He didn't describe the relationship further.

Chelsea declined medical attention, and "she did not appear to be in any mental distress," he said.

She had left the family's home Aug. 11 with a therapy dog, and her mother's concern was intensified because she had not been taking needed medication. Chelsea suffers from mental illness, according to her mother's spokeswoman, Cindi Berger.

Rosie O'Donnell lives in South Nyack, about 25 miles north of New York City, and police there had been involved in searching for Chelsea since Aug. 16. In the interim, Chelsea made contact with third parties, so police "didn't believe that there was any immediate danger," Wilson said. He didn't say who the parties were.

South Nyack police informed Barnegat police on Tuesday that they believed Chelsea was there. Police went to the residence and although the person answering the door initially did not want to reveal Chelsea's presence, police said they would not leave until she came out. She then appeared and willingly left with police.

Wilson said Rosie O'Donnell was cooperative and involved authorities because "several days had gone by and she wanted her daughter back." O'Donnell also issued a statement and tweeted Tuesday that her daughter was missing, appealing to the public for help.

"Chelsea, like millions of people, lives with mental illness. It has been a difficult road for Chelsea and her family and they just want her back safe," Berger had said.

It has been a rough stretch for the 53-year-old comedian, who received unwanted public attention two weeks ago when Donald Trump singled her out as being "disgusting" when asked in a Republican presidential debate to account for crude comments he had made about women.

O'Donnell had a major heart attack in 2012 and talked about her near-death experience in an HBO special this year. She rejoined the daytime talk show "The View" last year for a few months but then left, saying the routine was proving too stressful for her heart condition.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    From what I have seen, Rosie never said she suffers from mental illness. A source gave that info to the press. As Nevan pointed out, Rosie just said she was off her meds. That seems to be a standard part of every missing person's report around here whether its diabetes, Alzheimer's, or a miss Flintstones vitamin.
    Her rep said it. I would assume it was with her permission. Different strokes and all but I think it's a huge violation of privacy. The daughter isn't a public fugure.
    sluce likes this.

i've never heard of a therapy dog for mental illness. i'm gonna have to google that. what would the dog do?

Well people now get therapy dogs for everything, and then demand their dog gets to fly with them in the people section. In June I took 6 flights in 1 week, and there were at least 2 dogs on each flight.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

fgg

i think people claim therapy dogs for emotional stability.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

i don't mind dogs or cats on flights. lots of airlines let you fly with pets - even the non-therapy kind - in the cabin as long as they're small enough to fit in a carrier. i don't mind them at all and i've never seen a pet misbehave on a flight or disturb anyone.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^ Amber is that you? LOL.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

i wish, if only for the ability to fly private instead of with the plebs.
    kasippu likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^ And with dreamy Johnny!

ten years ago, maybe. effie can keep his bloated 2015 ass
    effie2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i don't mind dogs or cats on flights. lots of airlines let you fly with pets - even the non-therapy kind - in the cabin as long as they're small enough to fit in a carrier. i don't mind them at all and i've never seen a pet misbehave on a flight or disturb anyone.
    On my Delta flights it was all size dogs, a few large, and none in crates. It was annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    On my Delta flights it was all size dogs, a few large, and none in crates. It was annoying.

Large dogs? Do they have their own seat? I can imagine how much leg space they are taking.
    I am terrified of dogs and I would simply refuse to sit next to them if they are not in a crate. How, how, how?

czb

i was in a first class seat on united once and the passenger next to me had her LAB sitting in the floorspace at my seat. this meant i could not extend my legs, so yeah, i politely asked her to move her dog. she acted put out and said but he's a guide dog for the blind. i told her as far as i could tell, she could see and i wanted my seat, unoccupied by a dog. the flight attendant came over and yeah, the passenger WORKED for guide dogs for the blind and for whatever reason, thought the dog was entitled to my space. she had to move the dog. that's the only issue i've ever had. everyone else i've ever seen had their dog or cat crated, so no big deal to me but i have no pet allergies. if i had an allergy, then i'm sure my attitude would be different.

now i remember that years ago, once a cat on a flight got out of its crate. i remember hearing meows for a while and then finally the steward gets on the intercom, announcing that a cat got loose and if anyone saw it, they should press their call button. poor cat! can't even imagine how frightened the cat must've been.

oh, yeah, this thread was supposed to be about rosie's kid, not random pets on a plane experiences. sorry!
    sputnik and Annika like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    I am horribly allergic to animal dander- even being near animals triggers asthma attacks, eyes swollen shut, etc. The worst possible thing for me would be to be stuck on a plane with animals on it with the same air circulating for an entire flight. Animal hair gets all over the place and that can't be controlled- dander flies every time the animal moves. Worst case scenario being on a plane with multiple animals could probably kill me.
    sluce likes this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

How do animals relieve themselves on a plane? Seems like it's all getting out of hand. The human toilets are bad enough.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information