Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Roseanne Barr Reveals She's Going Blind

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    White, are you doing the pot therapy?

Someone gave me a joint. I tried and the only thing I noticed is.......................I got high

I have kids so I'm not a fan of that. ... except when they visit their dad *giggles
    Nah... I find the eyedrops ( isopto carpine) works best. Takes a few minutes to take effect but it works. Burns like a biotch, I assume because my eyes are lasered?

I too have glaucoma. WOw there is a lot of us. I am on my next lot of drops up from Xalatan. Duo Trav now and some other one as well which I put in morning and night....I find the most annoying thing ( apart form going blind) is pressing the tear duct for 2 minutes every time....and so is that why I look like a deaths head with sunken eyes? I thought it was just cos I lost weight. Wow now I know... So if after laser surgery and my sight stops deteriorating (as if) can the eyes ever go back to normal. I look quite hideous...And my lashes aren't long and lucsios . They're still short and unappealing.
    Palermo and BITTER like this.
    Jack I swear.

Wow, I'm glad this topic came up, we are finding out we are not alone with this. Yes, the drops definitely get rid of the fat behind the eyes. I told the doc of all the places I would like fat removed, behind my eyes is not one of them. My doc said he has some patients who only have high pressure in one eye, so the fat loss is really noticeable with them, one sunken eye and one regular. I guess we're lucky to have both eyes? LOL I never go out without that Physician's Formula yellow corrector to hide the dark circles.
    Novice likes this.

I know what you mean, cheray and Palermo. I have normal range glaucoma and pressure in both eyes was never above 21. Yet the vision in the left began deteriorating about a decade ago. Right showed occasional hemorrhaging of the nerve, but the vision has fortunately remained OK. Had laser surgery in both eyes (didn't work) and then a titanium shunt put in Bad Eye. Pressure was reduced to 12, where they wanted it, but the retina folded. Now on four different drops twice a day - both eyes. And you both are right about the sunken/darkened look.
    cheray and Palermo like this.

Spider pig, was the laser painful or at least uncomfortable.? Why didn't it work.? To go through that and have no result......not good. Im scheduled for laser in a week and I would hate to think travelling all that way and it doesn't even work....
    Jack I swear.

cheray - Don't worry about any discomfort during laser. It's like sitting through a normal exam in your doc's office. It's non-invasive and involves using laser to stimulate the area around the iris where that optical fluid is drained. No bandages or special instructions for post-care. You can drive yourself home from the appointment immediate afterward. We chose the procedure to start at square one and we could pursue other options if the doc didn't get the results she wanted. She always says "we don't understand exactly what's happening in your case - everybody's different". I'm glad we tried it. No pain at all. But Bad Eye was aggressive at the laser-lowered pressure and we had to go to Plan B.

Don't worry. Laser helps a lot of people, doesn't hurt, and is totally worth it for your peace of mind. Good luck!
    cheray likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information