Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree1036Likes

Thread: Roseanne Barr [actress, nut] praises Trump for 'freeing children from pimps'

^ You should post reviews of shows! Now you're making me want to watch it.
    Annika likes this.

Yes, that was a great explanation.

I hate Trump and all his "associates" but I deal with it on an every day basis because every one around me has been drinking the Trump Kool-Aid. So I may be a little desensitized about it. They were very vocal about the Trump shit in the first episode, but it was barely mentioned in Epi 2 and I don't think at all in Epi 3. Roseanne, while being the most insensitive and wanna be Howard Stern, is still funny. Also, remember that Roseanne is no longer producing (she might be getting a credit for extra money, but she's stated in several interviews that she's done with that shit) and Sara Gilbert is, and I like Sara. I get the impression that neither John Goodman or Laurie Metcalf align with Trump. They're definitely having fun with dealing with basically the same shit as they did 20-30 years ago, except now they're the grandparents (and in Sara's case, the parent). I loved all the squaring off between Roseanne and Harris in episode 3, but I'm not going to spoil it for you.
    Annika likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I have to admit that the Trump shit has put me off wanting to watch this, but I suppose we should let her enjoy this while she can as it's only a matter of time before the senile orange buffoon mixes her up with Rosie O'Donnell and tries to start another Twitter war.
    SHELLEE, tulip and Annika like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I have to admit that the Trump shit has put me off wanting to watch this, but I suppose we should let her enjoy this while she can as it's only a matter of time before the senile orange buffoon mixes her up with Rosie O'Donnell and tries to start another Twitter war.
    I can totally see that especially since I read that she laughed at trump for taking credit for her ratings in the first episode. She said that it's HER show and she gets credit.
    Kittylady, Waterslide and Annika like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Another thing I was thinking about was that the Connors always struck as blue collar Democrats back in the day. I haven't watched these new episodes, so I'm not sure how this Trump-supporting thing is going, but I'm unsure how it's going IRL, either.

How do they explain Mark not being around?
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

most trump supporters are blue collar former democrats. They lost their jobs and industries, and they believed Trump when he said he would get them back.
    Waterslide, Nevan, Annika and 2 others like this.

^True. I guess I just wanted them to kinda stay that way...when people I know didn't...
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

yeah, most of my mid western family converted. It's hard, but it's also why I am more tolerant and understanding of differing political views.
    czb, Annika and Waterslide like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post

I think he died on the show as well.
    Annika and louiswinthorpe111 like this.

They haven't gone into any detail, but in the first episode Jackie mentioned that Becky's husband was dead. Darlene's son is named Mark, presumably after him. I noticed in the 3rd episode that there was a picture of Glenn Quinn/Mark in the family photos in the Conner living room. They also haven't explained what happened to Darlene and David yet but Johnny Galecki filmed at least one episode so I assume that will be covered at some point.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

David shows up in the fifth episode. I saw an extended trailer before the show started and they played a few seconds of him crawling into a window. David and Darlene seemed to get along, even though they're obviously not together anymore. The episode is named Darlene vs. David, so I would expect some strife.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

I always loved the Roseanne show and am watching the new series. The political stuff is not all pro Trump. As Jackie is on the other party side so its more of a debate than one sided... As an Aussie I really do not get how people love Trump. He seems like such a buffoon. But not my country so my opinion isn't worth shit lol
    Annika likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Another thing I was thinking about was that the Connors always struck as blue collar Democrats back in the day. I haven't watched these new episodes, so I'm not sure how this Trump-supporting thing is going, but I'm unsure how it's going IRL, either.

He killed himself when trump became president
    Annika, OCD, exippy and 1 others like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

ABC stays silent as Roseanne Barr posts racist, conspiratorial tweets

Barr compared Valerie Jarrett to an ape and won't stop tweeting about Pizzagate.

AARON RUPARMAY 29, 2018, 10:10 AMUPDATED: MAY 29, 2018, 10:51 AM

Less than a week after the final episode of the first season of her rebooted show aired on ABC
    , Roseanne Barr compared former Obama administration senior adviser Valerie Jarrett to an ape on Twitter.

Barr’s racist smear of an African American woman came hours after she retweeted a string of tweets about Pizzagate, the baseless conspiracy theory about prominent Democrats being involved in a sex trafficking ring that resulted in Comet Ping Pong, a DC pizzeria, being attacked by a gunman after Trump’s election.

noted Trump supporter/moron @therealroseanne is spending her time tonight retweeting a 230 part thread on the Pizzagate+QAnon, conspiracy theories, specifically mentioning Comet Ping Pong. if a second asshole brings a gun to that restaurant, I hope she gets sued
    12:59 AM - May 29, 2018

Earlier Monday, Barr — who plays a Trump supporter on her show and is one in real life too — suggested that Chelsea Clinton is part of a Jewish conspiracy, calling her “Chelsea Soros Clinton.” (Clinton is married to a Jewish man who is not related to Soros.)

After smearing Chelsea Clinton, Barr retweeted a post suggesting that Chelsea’s mother should commit suicide. Barr also retweeted a meme mocking Chelsea Clinton’s appearance.This isn’t new behavior for Barr. In March, she tweeted (and later deleted) a baseless conspiracy theory about President Trump secretly working to break up a worldwide child sex trafficking ring.

“President Trump has freed so many children held in bondage to pimps all over this world. Hundreds each month. He has broken up trafficking rings in high places everywhere. notice that. I disagree on some things, but give him benefit of doubt-4 now,” Barr tweeted.

Barr posted that tweet days after receiving a personal phone call from Trump. During a rally the day after that call, Trump praised Barr, saying, “Look at Roseanne — look at her ratings… They were unbelievable. Over 18 million people. And it was about us.” (The show’s ratings dipped as the season progressed.)

On Tuesday morning, Donald Trump Jr. retweeted another baseless conspiracy Barr is spreading about Soros purportedly being a Nazi.

After a CNN reporter responded to Barr’s racist smear of Valerie Jarrett by noting that “ABC is doing their best to ignore some of these statements from Roseanne and she is making it really hard for them by taking it to next level here,” Barr claimed she was joking.
    andrew kaczynski
    @KFILE

1h

ABC is doing their best to ignore some of these statements from Roseanne and she is making it really hard for them by taking it to next level here. https://twitter.com/therealroseanne/status/1001353729872773121 …

ABC hasn’t said anything publicly about Barr’s unhinged tweets. Her show is currently slated to return to the network with new episodes this fall.

UPDATE (5/29, 10:40 a.m.) — Less than an hour after retweeting conspiracy theories about Soros and the Clintons, Barr apologized “to Valerie Jarrett and to all Americans” for “making a bad joke about her politics and her looks,” and deleted her tweet comparing Jarrett to an ape.
    Roseanne Barr
    @therealroseanne

I apologize to Valerie Jarrett and to all Americans. I am truly sorry for making a bad joke about her politics and her looks. I should have known better. Forgive me-my joke was in bad taste.
    10:33 AM - May 29, 2018

Barr also said she is “leaving Twitter.”
    Roseanne Barr
    @therealroseanne

I apologize. I am now leaving Twitter.
    10:28 AM - May 29, 2018

Barr did not acknowledge, however, the racism involved in comparing an African American to an ape — something she has repeatedly done on Twitter. And the sincerity of her apology is drawn into question by how she “apologized” to Chelsea Clinton earlier Tuesday, but then immediately resumed smearing her husband and family.

https://thinkprogress.org/roseanne-b...-0bfe7cdc7996/

f*ck her
    seriously

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information