Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree1000Likes

Thread: Roseanne Barr [actress, nut] praises Trump for 'freeing children from pimps'

The Conners being Trumpers makes sense. Roseanne being one does not.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

It was good but after her rantings and his Twitter love for her, I'm done. I think her spewing is nothing but a publicity, ratings stunt and it is shitty to the core. She didn't need it. What would have been nice if she wanted to throw the Dump angle in, is for them to have voted for him and then be sane and admit, he is a fucking lunatic.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    It was good but after her rantings and his Twitter love for her, I'm done. I think her spewing is nothing but a publicity, ratings stunt and it is shitty to the core. She didn't need it. What would have been nice if she wanted to throw the Dump angle in, is for them to have voted for him and then be sane and admit, he is a fucking lunatic.
    My feelings exactly.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Her being a nutter has never stopped me from enjoying her show.
    sprynkles likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Well I can honestly say I didn't care much about this reboot even before Trump was ever mentioned so... everyone do your thing.

Okay, now I want a reboot of The Cosby Show.

At this point, hey, why not?
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

If they wanted to infuse a little reality into the reboot they could turn it into a drama and have Cliff Huxtable being sued by multiple patients who were claiming they were drugged and assaulted while under his care.

Season finale: Denise returns home before the end of the trial and gives testimony that she believes these women are telling the truth because it happened to her too.
    Serendipity likes this.

I would like a realistic Mork & Mindy reboot where ICE raids their house in the middle of the night and unceremoniously dumps him back on Ork without even a change of spacesuit or a chair to rest his head on.

We can't do that because the tremendous Robin Williams is no longer with us. Still hurts my heart.
    czb, Waterslide, Icepik and 6 others like this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Okay, now I want a reboot of The Cosby Show.

At this point, hey, why not?
    Yeah, but without Bill. Where the rest of the family has to come to grips with the patriarch being charged with sex crimes. And it's still a sitcom with the laugh track and all!
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

I could definitely get on board with that. As long as Cosby himself is GONE.

It's sad. I was watching YouTube and a bunch of Claire Huxtable clips came up. I watched every one, especially the best of Claire. That woman knew how to cut a person with her looks and cadence of her voice in a few seconds. I still remember watching the original Bill Cosby standup, Himself, whenever it was on because that was when, IMO, he was the most funny. Not anymore, quite honestly I haven't seen it pop up on cable in a long time.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I watched it last night and thought it was great. The real Roseanne's political views won't stop me from watching her show if it's funny. And it was.

I think it's a stroke of brilliance to have the Connor's be pro Trump. It's exactly what has happened - working class folks voted for the guy who promised them a better life. It makes sense to me that their characters would go that way. Also her show has always tackled current issues in a way that shows how ordinary people might deal with stuff and this is in keeping with that.
    Plus, aside from her real life political rantings, this might make for good satire. Kind of like Archie Bunker. I think most people understood...well, the people that mattered anyway...that he was not a role model. I haven't watched the reboot minus a few minutes I saw as I was walking past a TV, but the writing seemed tight.

On the other hand, All in the Family was legitimately satire whereas this could potentially turn into propaganda wherein might lie some problems.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Agreed. If it turns into propaganda, I'm out. It won't be funny.

Maybe because I loved the old show so much but I enjoyed the insider jokes (Darlene's daughter at the bottom of the stairs screaming "you're all crazy and ruining my life! I hate you all!" Dan deadpans: I haven't seen that movie in 20 years. I lol'd).
    Mrs P and Waterslide like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Archie Bunker was a lovable bigot, but Caroll O'Conner was anything but.
    gas_chick and Waterslide like this.

first off i wanna say i'm not american and i have no political system i follow, i'd have to make my own up taking from every kind of ideology in the world.

i watched the first three episodes and they were kinda 'in your face' the first episode about the fact roseanne & dan were republicans. and you have jackie, who is the opposite.

after that i started rewatching the series, picking out my fave episodes to watch first and i basically noticed the difference between how they were then and how they are now is nothing. except they overexplained stuff in the newest episodes, which i suppose is to give you a premise of who they are now, which isn't much different from who they were then.

which is true for most people, although i tend to think people get a bit more jaded and conservative over time (not everyone), but i dunno i guess it's because the world is always changing and what goes for one generation doesn't pass in the next (great things, as well as bad things).

so i wouldn't call it propaganda. i don't think it's geared towards teenagers. if you liked the show and thought roseanne's in your face schtick was funny, she's the same, but more modern version (grandma rose version).

i hope i didn't offend anyone, i was high when i thought this up and wrote it. i guess i should start putting that in my signature as a disclaimer. i smoke for the day in the early morning so i have an appetite and wake up my brain. i like to get philisophical before my brain turns to mush for the day reading and posting on the leann rimes thread.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information