Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 307
Like Tree1036Likes

Thread: Roseanne Barr [actress, nut] praises Trump for 'freeing children from pimps'

  1. #16
    Elite Member HWBL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    20,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    As I said....People can disagree with each others politics and still work together.

    There is no reason for you to freak out because you're in the presence of someone who supports someone you don't like. I myself voted for an asteroid strike in 2016. But you don't see me screaming at clouds because the earth isn't burning.


    I should tho.
    And as I said: "in the case of today's politics the divide between left(-ish) and right is way more than just "disagreeing". It has become a question of where one stands, morally"
    OCD, Brookie, mostroop and 2 others like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

    ***** celeb

  2. #17
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Antartica.
    Posts
    1,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    And as I said: "in the case of today's politics the divide between left(-ish) and right is way more than just "disagreeing". It has become a question of where one stands, morally"
    Yet most of them can be cordial enough to work together. I say that because conservatives have been claiming liberal have been immoral for ages, yet they manage to get along well enough for them to them to not only work together, but it most cases, even be friends.

  3. #18
    Elite Member CornFlakegrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hanging with the raisin girls
    Posts
    14,350

    Default

    Things have changed. It's not simple moral issues like sex before marriage or birth control. It's the larger, capital M morality woven in to our constitution, democracy and way of life. You know, human rights, free press, all men are created equal.... the big stuff.


    That's like saying Jews and Nazi's could get along and be friends even though they "disagreed."
    Mivvi21, OCD, HWBL and 5 others like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

  4. #19
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    28,728

    Default

    The way this guy conducts himself in public is not normal, and I am never going to think it is. There are people who have excused him - and some of them are relatives and friends. I will never think of them the same way again.
    Mivvi21, Mesa, OCD and 11 others like this.

  5. #20
    Elite Member dexter7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    And as I said: "in the case of today's politics the divide between left(-ish) and right is way more than just "disagreeing". It has become a question of where one stands, morally"
    Divisions can't be bridged if we don't communicate. We can't hear each other if we hate each other too much to listen. Sometimes I feel like people on both sides are feeding on their anger, it seems to be all they can talk about. And if this show is actually going to talk about how people from opposite political sides have to interact (because they are family, neighbors, co-workers, etc), I think it's wonderful, because that's real life! A bunch of us with different opinions, who have to live, work and love one another.

  6. #21
    OCD
    OCD is offline
    Gold Member OCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    890

    Default

    I don't want to get along with anyone that voted for Trump AND still defends it. All the republicans saying "can't we all just get along" are spewing the chants of mass hypocrisy. Can't we all just get along? Can't Obama seat a Supreme Court Justice since he's (was at the time) the president and all? No? Huh, that's weird. I thought you wanted to get along? Be kind and play by the rules and not be sore losers and all that shit. Not so much?

    Can't we all just get along now that republicans have all the power and the whiny loser liberals have to suffer while republicans piss and shit in their faces everyday and tell them it's their imagination? Fuck that. I don't want to get along with Trump voters. They can go eat corn riddled turds.

    Maybe someday I'll simmer down and listen, but right now I'm way too pissed off. The gas lighting most republicans are doing right now is not something I put up with in my life from anyone. The rabid Donald fans aren't worth listening to. By the time you ferret out all their conspiracy theories and completely maladjusted viewpoints based on what Ron at the diner told them, what they heard on Fox News, and the dumb article their racist alcoholic unemployed deadbeat dad inbred brother posted on Facebook there's really not much material to work with as far as common bonds and whatnot. These patriots are Dunning Kruger on crack.

    One thing all the Trumpers I know in real life have in common is the inability to see the log jams in their own bible thumping eyes. I'm ok with never speaking to any of them again. It's like when you grow up in an abusive home and one day wake up as an adult and realize you can't change people and you don't have to take it anymore and cut them out of your life forever. Sweet sweet peace.

    And my meek and mild co-worker who admitted she voted for Trump purely because she doesn't think people need to be milking the system for healthcare aka I hate obamacare because I'm an asshole thing.....yeah I don't talk to her and haven't in over a year. What's the point? She's a stupid asshole. And over 50 with no chance of changing. Engaging isn't worth it.

    Sweet sweet peace.

  7. #22
    Elite Member HWBL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    20,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    Divisions can't be bridged if we don't communicate. We can't hear each other if we hate each other too much to listen. Sometimes I feel like people on both sides are feeding on their anger, it seems to be all they can talk about. And if this show is actually going to talk about how people from opposite political sides have to interact (because they are family, neighbors, co-workers, etc), I think it's wonderful, because that's real life! A bunch of us with different opinions, who have to live, work and love one another.
    Speaking as a person from one of both sides: I'm not fed by my "anger". If I'm "fed" by anything it is by my utter amazement and disgust at how low humanity can sink as long as it thinks the new low is still in their favor. "Oh, I think kids protesting because they don't want to run the risk to get killed are annoying and fake, but killing fetuses is wrong because every child has a right to life (as long as it is Christiun and right wing). My bible says love thy neighbor, but it also says like you love yourself, so if my neighbor isn't white I don't need to love him. Nazis are good people if they agree with me, because I know I am not a bad person." Stuff like that.
    Last edited by HWBL; April 1st, 2018 at 01:17 PM.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

    ***** celeb

  8. #23
    Elite Member Kittylady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'
    Posts
    19,655

    Default

    I find it hard to communicate with people whose only reaction to questioning Trump's actions are "but Hillary! But Obama! But Bill!". In the run up to the election someone that had been a good online friend started posting horribly racist, anti-Mexican/Hispanic memes, despite knowing that a good mutual friend had a son with Hispanic heritage, but when we called her on it she flew into an almighty tantrum, accused us of hating America and not being able to take a joke. Then she unfriended anyone who'd disagreed with her.

    How are you supposed to debate or embrace differences with someone like that?
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

    How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona


  9. #24
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    28,766

    Default

    Correction, people used to be able to put aside their differences (especially post-election) and work together. Where I live and in my line of work, I cannot openly discuss my views without condemnation, have to listen to other people who go out of their way to talk about theirs at every turn even if I never engage (which I know not to), which mostly includes a heaping portion of entitlement towards bashing of anyone not in agreement...since they've learned from their Orange twitter god that this behavior is acceptable and admirable.

    It's like I'm living in an alternate universe where people who used to find certain behaviors unacceptable were zapped in the head overnight and now said boorish, loud, insulting, twisting of ideals, immoral, racist BS is a sign of a strong leader and exemplary behavior. Liberals are weak ass snowflakes. And just need to step aside because now we're gonna make them and the whole world our "bitch" apparently. Oh, and no more non-white people allowed! (And why the fuck don't those white people in Norway want to move here? We've got to fix that. It must have to do with money and business!)

    Yeah, that's part of the reason that since I'm currently rooted here, I've been considering work from home jobs. Listening to that demoralizing shit day in and day out is fucking depressing. I remember when DT was still a "joke" candidate and the same people saying there's "no way" they would ever consider voting for him. They all ended up jumping on the Trump train. So in the workplace it was me, a couple people who have advanced degrees (imagine that), the couple of gay people and the black people who had to listen to this stupid horseshit ALL day and pretend like it doesn't bother us AND continue to work together.

    So yes, we can work together. As long as we people who don't support bigoted nazi bullshit liars keep our mouths shut and know our place.

    As they were the supposed winners here, these folks (taking a cue from their leader) having a continual need bash the "other side" (hell, even the fact that they define an other side still) like the election was still in the run off days says a lot.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  10. #25
    Elite Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    ^^^ VOUCH to that entire post!!!
    Kittylady likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

    Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.


  11. #26
    Silver Member Daphodil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Posts
    421

    Default

    The deflection tactic that was used during the election is now the commonplace reaction that his followers have. "Yeah, but *that* guy is way worse," which has little to nothing to do with the topic at hand. Kids killed by a gun? "Yeah, but those kids speaking out are just mouthpieces for (insert enemy of the cause)." Leader of the country sleeping around with skanky women? "Yeah, but Bill and his blowjob." Leader of the country advocates the sexual assault of women? "Yeah, but the guy he was with got *fired* for being a tool."

    When you remind everyone that the emperor has no clothes, the attack changes to you and the fact that you're a "snowflake" or a "lib-tard." Bias, prejudice and hatred have been blessed as appropriate means of interaction.

  12. #27
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    28,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    ...whose only reaction to questioning Trump's actions are "but Hillary! But Obama! But Bill!".
    There is some site that I've been on (I thought it was here, but didn't get any result when I searched) who dismiss the "what about Hillary?" people by shouting "Buttery Males!!!".

  13. #28
    Elite Member CornFlakegrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hanging with the raisin girls
    Posts
    14,350

    Default

    I learned at Easter dinner today that global warming has stopped. The ice caps are no longer an issue. Why? Because Trump withdrew us from the Climate accord. For real. There is no more global warming because we left that sham of a group and the truth has finally been revealed.

    I vowed not to engage with my Trumper family and I did not. But there is no "learn to communicate" here. I listen, throw my husband a WTF face and eat another cupcake. I'll just have to wait them out and hope that either Trump doesn't win again or global warming sets us all on fire just so I can say told you so.
    HWBL, MsDark, Nevan and 9 others like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

  14. #29
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,306

    Default

    I was excited about the premiere. Watched it and was happy to see them back. I wasn't happy to find out Barr is really a Trump supporter. I remember she went off the rails during the original run of the show and I stopped watching at some point, but I didn't remember what happened. Well, after I found out Trump called to congratulate her and pretty much took credit for the show's success, I went back to find out what happened back in the day and what she's been up to since. I can't support this show anymore. As happy as I am to see John Goodman back, and Laurie Metcalf -- I'm out. Lecy Gorenson was annoying, so I won't miss her. Never liked her on the original.

    I hope it tanks in the ratings this week.
    HWBL and gas_chick like this.

  15. #30
    Elite Member CornFlakegrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hanging with the raisin girls
    Posts
    14,350

    Default

    I watched it last night and thought it was great. The real Roseanne's political views won't stop me from watching her show if it's funny. And it was.

    I think it's a stroke of brilliance to have the Connor's be pro Trump. It's exactly what has happened - working class folks voted for the guy who promised them a better life. It makes sense to me that their characters would go that way. Also her show has always tackled current issues in a way that shows how ordinary people might deal with stuff and this is in keeping with that.
    Trixie, Nevan, Waterslide and 4 others like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: February 18th, 2016, 08:17 AM
  2. Roseanne Barr slims down
    By ADel in forum Weight
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: March 24th, 2015, 04:57 PM
  3. Roseanne Barr's dress
    By Honey in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: July 18th, 2012, 11:12 AM
  4. Roseanne Barr
    By mrs.v in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: June 11th, 2008, 12:06 AM
  5. Roseanne Barr gets in the holiday spirit
    By mrs.v in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: December 30th, 2007, 09:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •