Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: Rose McGowan accuses Golden Globes guests in black of 'Hollywood fakery'

Quote Originally Posted by dallison View Post
    Oh I had no clue about that!

That's why it's hard for me to take her seriously. After the accident she became the "favor" passed around to casting offices. Not that kind of a favor, but more like "Look do us a favor, just let her read" knowing full well that no one was going to hire her.

It sucks in a way but she's not a very nice person so I couldn't help but not care. But she made the same kind of ass out of herself as is doing now. Name dropping like an idiot. Escalating her power as some sort of writer producer etc. People were rolling their eyes but we did it to be given ins to other casting jobs. So she'd come in and read and be a total bitch and make it that much easier NOT to cast her.

Not all "she's difficult" to work with comments are just lies made up because someone wouldn't sleep with someone. I do feel bad for her because she lost her looks the same way Jennifer Gray did after her nose job. Everything is there but she looks like a completely different person now. That's why Hollywood spends so much time an "facial preservation." It's not so much about looking young but freezing the face that everyone wants to see. Looking recognizable.

She had her eyes opened up which changed the look on her face. I remember more than one person asking when Rose McGowan turned into Judy Garland. It was weird.

Last edited by Timetoout; January 10th, 2018 at 04:40 PM. Reason: adding pictures

she's doing what a lot of progressives are doing, especially millennial social justice internet activists - resorting to sanctimony and toxic call-out culture that is not only obnoxious, it's counter-productive.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    I know she's not coming across well but she's trying to push the agenda forward. It will be interesting to see what happens next. It had better not be business as usual.
    it's not just rose. a lot of people on the left are basically killing #metoo by letting the perfect be the enemy of the good and basically creating an environment where people have to be fucking saints and martyrs to be allies, and anyone who doesn't meet those impossible standards is declared an enemy.

this article explains it a lot better. and it's written by another lefty who's sick of the left being its own worst enemy.

https://www.thenation.com/article/th...elf-defeating/

"I keep hearing that celebrities are too shallow to do much beyond sartorial protest, and to that I say, so what? Most people are too shallow to do more than the bare minimum on anything. Iíll take that shallow action over nothing any day. In fact, letís go even further and lower our bars for participation on everything, so people can do something shallow and then do the next thing.

Some activists donít want any of our campaigns to reach millions because that would mean they had gone mainstream and been stripped of radical heft. Well, Iím grateful for many results of campaigns that went mainstream in the past: the weekend, clean water, the right to vote. Weíd have none of these if someoneís organizing and art hadnít reached millions of people. The notion that we should keep our ideas out of the mainstream so they donít get corrupted reflects self-protective fear, not the basis for a strategy for social change."
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Oooooohhhhhh so THAT's why the all the black

This is what happens when you go without internet for weeks while searching for a new home after eviction

Hope you found a place to live. That really sucks.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Hope you found a place to live. That really sucks.

I did! With two days left to move out.
    It was ..... crazzeeeee

Now... back to Rose. another kind of crazzeee?
    pinkbunnyslippers likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information