Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: Rose McGowan accuses Golden Globes guests in black of 'Hollywood fakery'

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    ^^^ like E! is the moral epicenter ... they're the ones who foisted the kardashians on us.

remember when E! was about creating documentaries about the history of hollywood? before ted C and ryan S, E! was interesting. now, it's just depressing.

oh gosh, e true hollywood story! i still watch those on youtube. so damn dramatic, lol.

C_is_for_Cookie, holly and czb like this.

Rose McGowan brands Times Up movement 'fakes' for partnering with 'company of pimps' CAA agency days after she attacked the 'fancy people wearing black' to the Golden Globes who wouldn't have 'lifted a finger' if not for her

• McGowan called out the Times Up movement for partnering with CAA agency who she branded a 'company of pimps that sent so many into the Monster's Lair'
    • She added the movement were 'fakes' for working with the agency which, she claimed, is 'guilty of human trafficking' for sending actresses to Weinstein
    • Gwyneth Paltrow said previously she'd gone to meet Weinstein at his hotel room because she thought it was safe as her agency CAA had sent her
    • 'It's on the fax, it's from CAA,' she said, adding that once there, Weinstein allegedly put his hands on her and suggested they head to the bedroom
    • Tweet comes days after McGowan hit out at the Hollywood elite who wore black at the Golden Globes as a protest against sexual misconduct in the industry
    • The former Charmed star told actress Asia Argento over Twitter that 'Not one of those fancy people wearing black to honor our rapes would lift a finger'
    • Argento, another Weinstein accuser, revealed that neither she, nor several other sex abuse victims had been invited to the Globes despite the #MeToo theme

Rose McGowan has branded Times Up 'fakes' after they partnered with 'company of pimps' CAA talent agency to host events for the women's movement.
    McGowan, a Harvey Weinstein accuser, has been very critical of entertainment agencies who she claimed were 'guilty of human trafficking' for sending actresses, including Gwyneth Paltrow, to meet the disgraced producer, sometimes in private hotel rooms.
    On Tuesday, McGowan called out the Times Up movement for partnering with CAA, one of Hollywood's biggest talent agencies.

'Guess where they meet?' she tweeted. 'Who do you think is behind this "great" pr?
    'Why, it's the company of pimps that sent so many into a the Monster's Lair themselves. CAA. #TIMESUP fakes.'

Paltrow said previously she'd only agreed to meet Weinstein at his Peninsula Beverly Hills hotel room, because her agency CAA had sent her, so she believed it was a safe, legitimate meeting.
    'It's on the fax, it's from CAA,' she told the New York Times of when she received the invitation to discuss her lead role in his Jane Austen adaptation Emma.
    But when she arrived, she claims that Weinstein had placed his hands on her and suggested they head to the bedroom for massages.
    'I was a kid, I was signed up, I was petrified,' she said.

Other alleged victims have also claimed agencies had a hand in the systemic abuse in the entertainment business, by hushing up the claims.
    Tamara Holder, a Fox News contributor, said she was urged to keep quiet by her agent after she told him a senior executive had tried to force her to perform oral sex.
    Holder also tweeted her outage that CAA was working with TimesUp, tweeting: 'Not only are agencies unscathed, they are 'donating' to #TimesUp in an attempt to mislead and rewrite history.

'ICM was complicit in the destruction of women's careers. I've heard of other agencies too. Don't fall for this BS. Talk to the women these agencies destroyed.'
    Shortly after the New York Times bombshell expose uncovered sexual abuse claims from five women last year, McGowan named the agents she believed were partly responsible for the assault and harassment of actresses.
    'UTA/CAA/ICM/etc- To the agents who sent us to meet a Monster: I hope you enjoyed that 10%, you are guilty of human trafficking #ROSEARMY,' she tweeted in October.
    Today's tweet comes after McGowan, who has been one of Weinstein's most vocal accusers, criticized the Hollywood elite who wore black to the Golden Globes ceremony Sunday night.
    The former Charmed star, who skipped the awards ceremony to release a trailer for her upcoming documentary, accused the A-listers of 'Hollywood fakery.'
    'Not one of those fancy people wearing black to honor our rapes would have lifted a finger' if it hadn't been for her, she tweeted.

Read more: Rose McGowan hits out at 'company of pimps' CAA | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

(Sigh) So only those who never did or didn’t do exactly what they should have/could have - according to YOU - can become a part of the solution instead of the problem? I’m not talking about wankers like Weinstein or Spacey, I am talking about people like Meryl Streep.

Just a couple of weeks ago, I was almost incandescent with rage at Meryl Streep. “Everybody fucking knew” was my battle cry, and of course, I found the whole Roman Polanski/Woody Allen connections problematic. I think it was Sputnik who smacked at that, saying we have to stop attacking other women, “everybody” probably didn’t “know” and what were they supposed to do about rumors.

I decided to give it some time and thought, while inwardly convinced of the moral superiority of my position.

Until this morning, when to my utter mortification, I realized how wrong I was. Meryl was on Kimmel last night, and the Daily Mail had a cute story about Mariah Carey taking her seat next to Spielberg. I went to the comments, expecting fawning. Instead, they savaged her.

Now, if the Daily Mail community takes a clear position on any current affairs issue, I can state pretty unequivocally that morally, ethically and spiritually, I belong on the other side. I’m not kidding or exaggerating, and just like that, the hubris and rank stupidity of working against other women (or men) on the basis of what I thought they knew, became sickeningly clear. Geez, Meryl Streep is not my enemy. She’s not my sister or my daughter’s enemy.

And she’s not your enemy either, Rose.

eta: Thanks, Sput!

Really. Why is everyone still picking on Meryl? It's time to start picking on Oprah!

These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

How sad is it that the current response to anyone who can give a public presentation where they can use words in coherent sentences is: "_______ for president".
    Kittylady, gas_chick and Lalasnake like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Well we are desperate. ^

it's reaching a point where no one will say or do anything in support of #metoo or whatever for fear of having every picture, word or action from the last 30 years scrutinized.

The support will shrink into the shadows. And just like that, it's back to business as usual.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I like how "TrumpGirlStrong" really cares about sexual assault while naming herself and actively supporting a confessed sexual predator.
    Lalasnake likes this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Really. Why is everyone still picking on Meryl? It's time to start picking on Oprah!

What is her point here? I mean, with a few minutes on google I can pretty much fine these same pictures, rather than Oprah, Trump is in them. I'm also pretty sure Oprah hasn't sexually assaulted anyone, though I could very well be wrong. God, I seriously hate defending Oprah here.
    C_is_for_Cookie and Lalasnake like this.

My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Her cheese is sliding off her cracker. I hope she’s getting some help.
    I think that, as much as anything else, is why Rose isn't getting the invites that she feels she's entitled to. It's an awards ceremony and while some people might think that wearing black was silly and didn't really achieve anything it certainly did a whole lot more than Rose storming the stage for every individual award screaming "J'accuse!" and "collaborator!" would have.

And as much as I feel sorry for her for everything she has gone through and hope that she gets the help she quite obviously needs, to put herself at the heart of it and to try and take credit for being the one who ripped the scab from the wound is wrong. This is something that has been building up speed for some time now, long before she publicly named Weinstein following his ejection from Miramax. Or don't the women who have been speaking out and fighting to be believed about (for example) Bill Cosby for decades not count now?
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Gold Member

Rose has always been a bit off and very much an attention seeker, it just hid somewhat behind her good looks when she was young. Her nuttiness really started to become apparent after her face got damaged in that car accident. She'd always traded off of her looks and losing them seemed to "spark" something that exacerbated her underlying mental issues and trauma.

I do feel bad for her. She's very bitter and angry. A lot of it is real. But a good chunk of it is fake and is her putting on a show because she enjoys the attention: good or bad. She's still chasing after the attention her parents didn't give her as a child because they were too busy engaging in orgies, popping out children and roping people into joining that pedo cult.

I feel sorry for her too, but she's not helping the cause. She thinks she is (or maybe she just wants the attention), but all she's doing is spreading hatred and hostility towards other women. Why the woman hate when we should be focusing on the harassers and rapists? I know this has been said before, but it needs to be reiterated.
    I'll bet Goopy is steam cleaning the fuck out of that vagina!-MsDark

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    What is her point here? I mean, with a few minutes on google I can pretty much fine these same pictures, rather than Oprah, Trump is in them. I'm also pretty sure Oprah hasn't sexually assaulted anyone, though I could very well be wrong. God, I seriously hate defending Oprah here.
    It is the same point they made with Hillary. That she must be a piece of shit because she let Harvey support her. I don't give a fuck who Oprah kisses. She shouldn't even be jokingly thrown about as President because too many damn people would vote for her and while she may be a smart business woman, I think our next President should have a least been on a fucking town council somewhere for fuck's sake.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by Taedium View Post
    Rose has always been a bit off and very much an attention seeker, it just hid somewhat behind her good looks when she was young. Her nuttiness really started to become apparent after her face got damaged in that car accident. She'd always traded off of her looks and losing them seemed to "spark" something that exacerbated her underlying mental issues and trauma.

I do feel bad for her. She's very bitter and angry. A lot of it is real. But a good chunk of it is fake and is her putting on a show because she enjoys the attention: good or bad. She's still chasing after the attention her parents didn't give her as a child because they were too busy engaging in orgies, popping out children and roping people into joining that pedo cult.

Oh I had no clue about that!

I know she's not coming across well but she's trying to push the agenda forward. It will be interesting to see what happens next. It had better not be business as usual.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information