Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 48
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Rooney Mara and Joaquin Phoenix Are Engaged After 3 Years of Dating

  1. #31
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    57,746

    Default

    it's courtney fucking love. she's way too fucking messy to get away with murder
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  2. #32
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    31,419

    Default

    She didn't pull the trigger. But she was responsible.
    lindsaywhit and Novice like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  3. #33
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    57,746

    Default

    lol do you seriously believe that?
    how is another person responsible for someone's addiction?
    NickiDrea and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  4. #34
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    31,419

    Default

    Not the addiction. The 'suicide'.
    tulip likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  5. #35
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    57,746

    Default

    Lol ok
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  6. #36
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    31,419

    Default

    We've discussed this plenty over the years.

    Rerailing somewhat: River Phoenix' death was probably even less of an accident than Kurt Cobain's. But more definitively not a suicide. Nonetheless, it probably did a number on a teenage Joaquin to witness it.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  7. #37
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    57,746

    Default

    yeah sorry i don't buy that either of them were murdered. but i'm not one for conspiracy theories to begin with, i just don't have enough faith in people's ability to get away with crimes and keep their mouths shut.
    C_is_for_Cookie and NickiDrea like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  8. #38
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    33,005

    Default

    There seems to be an avalanche of circumstantial evidence that Cobain killed himself and was highly motivated to do it. (Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_of_Kurt_Cobain)


    • Family history of suicide - his cousin Beverly said two uncles had killed themselves using guns
    • Had expressed thoughts of suicide previously. In 1991, had stomach pains so severe that he took heroin to deal with them. Said that the heroin was the only thing keeping him from shooting himself right now.
    • 3/3/1994 - hospitalized for an overdose of painkillers
    • 3/31/1994 - escapes from his rehabilitation center
    • Receipt near Kobain's body for shotgun shells found near his body. A cold case detective said a taxi driver had remembered someone matching Cobain's description asking to be taken to a gun shot
    • Guns had twice been taken away from Cobain for his own protection. Current gun was not bought in his name specifically to evade this. Gun was purchased by a musician friend named Dylan Carlson.

  9. #39
    Elite Member Waterslide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    out where the buses don't run
    Posts
    23,400

    Default

    I thought that Soaked in Bleach documentary was pretty compelling and I'm not one to fall into conspiracy theory traps. If we're supposed to believe that Kurt not only died with three times the lethal limit of heroin in his body, but then, before passing out, managed to shoot himself in the face with a shot gun, it at least raises some questions about what actually happened. It's also strange that the police called it a suicide, the autopsy report ended up being lost or destroyed, and then the property just happened to burn down afterwards. I'm not saying Courtney did it, but I am saying that's a lot of sketchy things that don't add up to a simple suicide and the investigation was a farce.

    However, there's no denying that Kurt suffered from drug addiction and depression and very well could have killed himself. And I also agree that I don't know how or why Courtney could have pulled it off and been able to keep it under her crunchy blonde bob for this long.

    I'd never heard anything conspiracy-related about River and I don't think I'd ever be inclined to think there was foul play there. He took too man drugs and it was a tragedy.

    Now that dead co-owner of The Viper Room, maybe there's a story there...
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

  10. #40
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    33,005

    Default

    Soaked in Bleach itself has credibility problems, including two people (paramedic who found his body first, and an NYC detective who was interviewed) who seemed to imply that the program misrepresented their opinions. Summary can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soaked_in_Bleach. The first Wiki article I posted emphasizes that nobody outside the forensic department knows the actual dosage of heroin in Cobain's blood at the time of death, because nobody is quoting from the actual autopsy report, which is confidential.

    But in summary - this was a guy who was bipolar, whose family had a history of suicide (by gun), who had earlier made reference to shooting himself, who had guns taken away from him for this own safety, who had been sent to a recovery program, who escaped from it just days before he died, who had a friend by a gun for him, and who took a cab to buy shells just days before he died, and who left a suicide note that was confirmed through SNARE (which analyzes notes for suicide ideation).

  11. #41
    Elite Member Waterslide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    out where the buses don't run
    Posts
    23,400

    Default

    There is no doubt that the life Kurt was living was pretty much suicide in and of itself. I just think the last moments are sketchy. I seem to remember, and tried at the time to find out if it was true, but the gun was in a weird spot...supposedly...when they found it. Like it would have had to rotate two or three times to spin into that position and it was possible but unlikely. And also, it's nearly impossible to shoot a gun that long, in any physical capacity, at yourself. Why didn't his friend buy a smaller gun for him or better yet why didn't Cobain just OD? It just bugs me.

    I also thought there was something weird about the autopsy report, but maybe it just was that the police won't release it.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

  12. #42
    Elite Member NickiDrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    There is no doubt that the life Kurt was living was pretty much suicide in and of itself. I just think the last moments are sketchy. I seem to remember, and tried at the time to find out if it was true, but the gun was in a weird spot...supposedly...when they found it. Like it would have had to rotate two or three times to spin into that position and it was possible but unlikely. And also, it's nearly impossible to shoot a gun that long, in any physical capacity, at yourself. Why didn't his friend buy a smaller gun for him or better yet why didn't Cobain just OD? It just bugs me.

    I also thought there was something weird about the autopsy report, but maybe it just was that the police won't release it.
    People die by suicide using sometimes unbelievable means. Stabbing themselves multiple times, shooting themselves more than once, decapitation, etc. He is neither the first nor last person to shoot himself with that type of gun.

    Also, (a) men are far more likely to die by gunshots than overdoses in a suicide, and (b) if he truly wanted to die, it’s unsurprising that he would choose death by gun. You never know what might happen when you try to overdose yourself. If might work, might not. You could be found and revived or maybe survive even a theoretically lethal amount of drugs. A gunshot to the head via a powerful firearm is much less likely to be survived.
    Sassiness, Waterslide and holly like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

  13. #43
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    8,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I thought that Soaked in Bleach documentary was pretty compelling and I'm not one to fall into conspiracy theory traps. If we're supposed to believe that Kurt not only died with three times the lethal limit of heroin in his body, but then, before passing out, managed to shoot himself in the face with a shot gun, it at least raises some questions about what actually happened. It's also strange that the police called it a suicide, the autopsy report ended up being lost or destroyed, and then the property just happened to burn down afterwards. I'm not saying Courtney did it, but I am saying that's a lot of sketchy things that don't add up to a simple suicide and the investigation was a farce.

    However, there's no denying that Kurt suffered from drug addiction and depression and very well could have killed himself. And I also agree that I don't know how or why Courtney could have pulled it off and been able to keep it under her crunchy blonde bob for this long.

    I'd never heard anything conspiracy-related about River and I don't think I'd ever be inclined to think there was foul play there. He took too man drugs and it was a tragedy.

    Now that dead co-owner of The Viper Room, maybe there's a story there...
    I never thought than River was anything other than an overdose. What are the conspiracies? Also, what about the dead owner of The Viper Room?

  14. #44
    Elite Member Novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beyond Caring, then hang a left.
    Posts
    46,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    People die by suicide using sometimes unbelievable means. Stabbing themselves multiple times, shooting themselves more than once, decapitation, etc. He is neither the first nor last person to shoot himself with that type of gun.

    Also, (a) men are far more likely to die by gunshots than overdoses in a suicide, and (b) if he truly wanted to die, it’s unsurprising that he would choose death by gun. You never know what might happen when you try to overdose yourself. If might work, might not. You could be found and revived or maybe survive even a theoretically lethal amount of drugs. A gunshot to the head via a powerful firearm is much less likely to be survived.
    You'd've thought that he would have got a shorter gun though...



    https://ca-times.brightspotcdn.com/d...lease-20160822



    My ex-husband was 6'4" and just about managed to shoot himself in the head (before he was with me) with a rifle - which was shorter than his shotgun.... So I understand what your saying about the lengths (method) but with *that* gun I am intrigued (without trying to be goulish - and no, I don't need an explanation about how.).
    Waterslide likes this.

  15. #45
    Elite Member Waterslide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    out where the buses don't run
    Posts
    23,400

    Default

    ^Yeah, the length of the gun is what gets me. It wouldn't be easy sober, much less on that much heroin? I don't know. Seems odd to me, that's all I'm saying.

    Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I never thought than River was anything other than an overdose. What are the conspiracies? Also, what about the dead owner of The Viper Room?
    I never heard a conspiracy theory about River being offed. I'm curious about that, too. I don't remember too many details about the co-owner of the VR. I think the allegation, which probably came from CDAN or some such beacon of truth-telling, said that the owner died under suspicious circumstances and the "theory" (#grainofsalt) was that Johnny Depp had him killed. I don't remember the specifics and it's a crazy story...
    tulip likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: January 6th, 2019, 04:07 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: June 18th, 2017, 07:09 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: January 12th, 2017, 07:24 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: November 11th, 2013, 10:05 AM
  5. Joaquin Phoenix dating Eva Mendes?
    By muchlove in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 3rd, 2006, 04:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •