Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Rooney Mara and Joaquin Phoenix Are Engaged After 3 Years of Dating

I'm no body language expert, but these look like two people who are not into each other at all.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Well, I think a lot of body language interpretation is bullshit because for all you know maybe they’re pissed off that day, or trying to avoid looking like a couple. There’s also the fact that that photo (according to the caption) is from the premiere of Her in 2013 and according to the article they didn’t start dating until 2016, also according to the article.
    fgg and Waterslide like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I dont know anything about him, but I just watched a Jimmy Kimmel interview with him

https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradominic...?origin=web-hf

and he seems high AF, not to mention his little meltdown caught on tape. I think the way Jimmy aired it was unprofessional though.

He skeeves me out.

I think he's a fantastic actor, but that's where my admiration begins & ends. IRL, he always looks greasy & acts weird as hell.
    lindsaywhit and Sylkyn like this.

While this pairing was surprising, it actually makes sense. These two weirdos seem to fit each other.

fgg

Rooney Mara is pregnant, expecting first child with Joaquin Phoenix

Oscar winner Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara are expecting their first child together, a source exclusively confirmed to Page Six.

The very private pair have been keeping a low profile during the pandemic and have been quarantining at their home in Los Angeles. The source tells us that Mara, who has recently been spotted wearing baggy clothes to cover her bump, may be as far as six months along in her pregnancy.

Meanwhile, reps for both Mara, 35, and Phoenix, 45, have refused to respond to numerous requests for comment from Page Six.

The couple originally met on the set of the Spike Jonze film “Her,” but did not begin dating until they were reunited on the set of the film “Mary Magdalene.” Page Six exclusively revealed when he was playing Jesus and she starred as Mary Magdalene in the 2018 movie. They moved in together to a home in the Hollywood Hills.

Phoenix admitted to Vanity Fair in October 2019 that he was initially convinced that Mara “despised” him. Eventually, he realized that the “Carol” star was interested in him but was too shy to express it.

“She’s the only girl I ever looked up on the internet,” Phoenix explained. “We were just friends, email friends. I’d never done that. Never looked up a girl online.”

In July 2019, Mara became engaged to “The Joker” star Phoenix. Rumors of their potential engagement had swirled for months when Rooney was spotted numerous times wearing an engagement ring.

Phoenix and Mara have been spotted out and about in Los Angeles, where she was seen visiting her sister Kate Mara, and the couple was also seen stopping at a gas station.

While Hollywood remains on lockdown, Disney has just halted Mara’s latest film, “Nightmare Alley.” The remake of the 1947 classic, directed by Guillermo del Toro, joins a slew of Disney’s other live-action films that have had their productions paused. A rep for the Walt Disney Co. confirmed that they will “continue to assess the situation and restart as soon as feasible.”

https://pagesix.com/2020/05/18/roone...aquin-phoenix/
    Sarzy and HWBL like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

yup. we called it in the thread with her walking her dog.
    tulip, I'mNotBitter and Waterslide like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I attributed any weirdness and problems this guy has to having watched his brother OD and die outside Depp's nightclub (after which JD beat it to France) and probably knowing it wasn't an accident.

Oh, and that whole growing up in a sex cult thing.
    tulip and Waterslide like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    I attributed any weirdness and problems this guy has to having watched his brother OD and die outside Depp's nightclub (after which JD beat it to France) and probably knowing it wasn't an accident.

Oh, and that whole growing up in a sex cult thing.
    And having a cleft palate on top of all of that....

I’m happy for them. He seems like such a tragic person. He needs some happiness in his life.
    HWBL, tulip and crayzeehappee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    and probably knowing it wasn't an accident.
    Wait, what!? Was there talk of foul play?
    tulip and lindsaywhit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    I think he's a fantastic actor, but that's where my admiration begins & ends. IRL, he always looks greasy & acts weird as hell.
    100% this. He IS a great actor, talented beyond words, but something about him just puts me right off. I also feel like he would be pretentious af in person.
    tulip likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalasnake View Post
    no it was an OD but there are always conspiracy theories when people die. just like people who believe courtney love offed kurt.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalasnake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    no it was an OD but there are always conspiracy theories when people die. just like people who believe courtney love offed kurt.
    Wait... what? She didn’t?
    Waterslide and Novice like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information