Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Roman Polanski arrested on 1978 US arrest warrant

'Hollywood' is just fucking twisted. Good for Kirstie and Jewel. But really we shouldn't be having to say 'good for so and so' because it should just be automatic for everyone to condemn this sick man.

As the article says, most are too f**king chicken s**t to say what is safe and right.

Because, in "their world," it's 'safest' to join the bandwagon of what a genius polanski is, or not say anything at all. I'm sure there are celebs that refuse to say anything publicly for fear of having it held against them (most publicly voicing their support for polanski seem to be the senior members of hollywood, and those with connections/power). It might be movie roles, etc.

Maybe others think somehow going against polanski will be held against them in France? Like Johnny Depp for example?

Who knows with these f**kwits.

Film director Roman Polanski, arrested earlier this week in Switzerland, saw support weaken on Wednesday for his effort to evade sentencing in the United States in the rape of a 13-year-old girl three decades ago.

Director Roman Polanski exits the Santa Monica Courthouse after an October 24, 1977 court …More Enlarge photo

U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told reporters in New York that Polanski's extradition from Switzerland to California to face sentencing on the 1977 sex crime charge was a matter for judges, not diplomats, to handle.
    Polanski, 76, was in a Swiss jail after his arrest there four days ago during a visit from his French home.
    In France, the government changed its passionate protests about Polanski's arrest to a more measured stance and described the charges as serious. A French government spokesman said the "Chinatown" director was "neither above nor below the law."
    Major U.S. newspapers called on the Oscar winner to account for the crime, and commentators said U.S. public opinion was running strongly against Polanski. Few in the cinema world in Hollywood and Europe stepped forward on Wednesday to join his supporters.
    Polanski, 76, was arrested in Switzerland over the weekend and his lawyers say he will fight extradition to the United States where he faces a possible jail sentence for pleading guilty to having unlawful sex with a minor in 1977, after first plying her with champagne and tranquilizers.
    The director fled the United States fearing a California judge would renege on his initial plea deal, which would have set the director free after spending 42 days in detention while awaiting trial, and instead send him back to prison for years.
    Polanski's arrest first drew outrage in Europe's diplomatic and artistic quarters. Around 100 mostly European artists have signed an online French cinema industry petition demanding Polanksi's release, and U.S. directors Woody Allen, Martin Scorsese and David Lynch have joined in.
    SUPPORT SOFTENS
    But support in Europe and Hollywood appears to be eroding. Along with the French government's new focus on strictly legal matters, Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk on Tuesday said that while Polanski should be offered consular help, ministers need not get involved in the extradition battle.
    "The case involves a great director but still, it is also a case of rape, of sex with a child," Tusk said.
    French director Luc Besson told RTL radio he liked Polanski but was unsure about the case. "I have great deal of affection for him, he's a man I like a lot, who I know a bit...I don't know anything about this case but I think if you don't show up for a trial, you put yourself in the wrong. I don't have any judgement to make on this but it's true, I have a daughter, she's 13 and if she were raped, I wouldn't think quite the same thing, even 30 years later," Besson said.
    In Hollywood, influential movie mogul Harvey Weinstein's call earlier this week for U.S. filmmakers to lobby against Polanski's extradition has fallen on many deaf ears.
    There has been only silence from some of Polanski's oldest friends, including actor Jack Nicholson who appeared in 1974's "Chinatown" and at whose home the rape occurred.
    Actress Whoopi Goldberg provoked online fury after saying she didn't consider the sex incident to be rape in the strict sense of the word. "It was something, but I don't believe it was rape-rape," Goldberg said on TV chat show "The View."
    Editorials in the New York Times and the Los Angeles Times said Polanski, 76, should return to account for his crime.
    The newspapers dismissed arguments by "The Pianist" director's supporters about his Oscar-winning body of work and the tragic 1969 murder of his pregnant wife Sharon Tate by followers of cult leader Charles Manson.
    "This case has nothing to do with Mr Polanski's work or his age. It is about an adult preying on a child. Mr Polanski pleaded guilty to that crime and must account for it," The New York Times said.
    Los Angeles Times entertainment reporter Patrick Goldstein wrote that his mail was now "about 100-1 against Polanski."
    (Additional reporting by Michelle Nichols at the United Nations and Sophie Hardach in Paris; Editing by Cynthia Osterman)

French support softens for Polanski, Hollywood divided - Yahoo! News UK
    "In an underdeveloped country don't drink the water. In a developed country don't breathe the air." - Jonathan Raban.

Actually, maybe a lot of these hollywood celebs are having it both ways. Not saying anything because expressing support would unleash tremendous backlash, but also not saying anything critical for fear of being maybe 'blacklisted' or something.

Angry Hollywood = Land of morons!!!!!!!

I don't know about all of you, but I'm writing down every celebs name down that supports this sick f*cker(Roman Polanski ). I will never support them (hollywood) with my money, and we all know hollywood loves money.

No more tv for me.
    No more movies, i'll live. I have you guys

I hear tv ratings are going down!!! good

just found this, a petition to counter the current petition, its called Polanski needs to face justice :
    Polanski Needs to Face Justice Petition : [ powered by iPetitions.com ]

Also the current total list of delusionals that have signed the free Polanski petition:

Big Hollywood » Blog Archive » Naming Names: The ‘Free Roman Polanski’ Petition

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccQaW99vOkI[/YOUTUBE]
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Moomoo View Post

Also the current total list of delusionals that have signed the free Polanski petition:

Those delusional fucktards would not leave their children alone with this creep.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Actually, maybe a lot of these hollywood celebs are having it both ways. Not saying anything because expressing support would unleash tremendous backlash, but also not saying anything critical for fear of being maybe 'blacklisted' or something.
    and evil flourishes while good men (and women) do nothing. They need to remember that.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moomoo View Post

Well thank god it will be easy to ignore these people, haven't heard of 90% of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    Apparently they aren't the same, since he was charged separately for each offense--unlawful sexual intercourse, oral copulation and sodomy. There were six counts in all, and he only pled guilty to one.
    gottcha
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Default Some of the names

The bolds are mine as I've pinpointed well known names.

And please do take a moment to give to the Hollywood Fund For Moral Illiteracy…
    Source:
    Woody Allen
    Wes Anderson
    Darren Aronofsky
    Jonatham Demme
    Stephen Frears (director)
    David Lynch
    Martin Scorsese

Full list: (it might have been quicker to name who didn’t sign the petition)
    Fatih Akin, Stephane Allagnon, Woody Allen, Pedro Almodovar (director), Wes Anderson, Jean-Jacques Annaud, Alexandre Arcady, Fanny Ardant, Asia Argento, Darren Aronofsky, Olivier Assayas, Alexander Astruc, Gabriel Auer, Luc Barnier , Christophe Barratier, Xavier Beauvois , Liria Begeja , Gilles Behat, Jean-Jacques Beineix, Marco Bellochio, Monica Bellucci, Djamel Bennecib, Giuseppe Bertolucci , Patrick Bouchitey, Paul Boujenah, Jacques Bral, Patrick Braoudé, André Buytaers, Christian Carion, Henning Carlsen, Jean-michel Carre, Mathieu Celary, Patrice Chéreau, Elie Chouraqui, Souleymane Cissé, Alain Corneau, Jérôme Cornuau, Miguel Courtois, Dominique Crevecoeur, Alfonso Cuaron, Luc et Jean-Pierre Dardenne, Jonathan Demme, Alexandre Desplat, Rosalinde et Michel Deville, Georges Dybman, Jacques Fansten, Joël Farges, Gianluca Farinelli (Cinémathèque de de Bologne), Etienne Faure, Michel Ferry, Scott Foundas, Stephen Frears (on twice?), Thierry Frémaux, Sam Gabarski, René Gainville, Tony Gatlif, Costa Gavras, Jean-Marc Ghanassia, Terry Gilliam (monty python writer), Christian Gion, Marc Guidoni, Buck Henry, David Heyman, Laurent Heynemann, Robert Hossein, Jean-Loup Hubert, Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, Gilles Jacob, Just Jaeckin, Alain Jessua, Pierre Jolivet, Kent Jones (World Cinema Foundation), Roger Kahane, Nelly Kaplan, Wong Kar Waï, Ladislas Kijno, Harmony Korinne, Jan Kounen, Diane Kurys, Emir Kusturica, John Landis (director), Claude Lanzmann, André Larquié, Vinciane Lecocq, Patrice Leconte, Claude Lelouch, Gérard Lenne, David Lynch (again), Michael Mann (writer/director/producer), François Margolin, Jean-PierreMarois, Tonie Marshall, Mario Martone, Nicolas Mauvernay, Radu Mihaileanu, Claude Miller, Mario Monicelli, Jeanne Moreau (actress - peer of Polinski), Sandra Nicolier, Michel Ocelot, Alexander Payne, Richard Pena (Directeur Festival de NY), Michele Placido, Philippe Radault, Jean-Paul Rappeneau, Raphael Rebibo, Yasmina Reza, Jacques Richard, Laurence Roulet, Walter Salles, Jean-Paul Salomé, Marc Sandberg, Jerry Schatzberg, Julian Schnabel (director), Barbet Schroeder, Ettore Scola, Martin Scorsese, Charlotte Silvera, Abderrahmane Sissako, Paolo Sorrentino, Guillaume Stirn, Tilda Swinton, Jean-Charles Tacchella, Radovan Tadic, Danis Tanovic, Bertrand Tavernier, Cécile Telerman, Alain Terzian, Pascal Thomas, Giuseppe Tornatore, Serge Toubiana, Nadine Trintignant, Tom Tykwer, Alexandre Tylski, Betrand Van Effenterre, Wim Wenders.(photographer)

EDIT: new names
    Isabelle Adjani actress
    Antoine Aronin
    Paul Auster
    Morgane Beauverger
    Candice Belaisch-Goldchmit
    Yamina Benguigui
    Pascal Bruckner
    Jessika Cohen
    Philippe Corbé
    Jean-Paul Dayan
    Katarina De Meulder
    Arielle Dombasle
    Nathalie Faucheux
    Corinne Figuet
    Pierre Forciniti
    Louis Garrel
    Albert Gauvin
    Johanna Gozlan
    Davide Homitsu Riboli
    Taylor Hackford Producer/director type & Helen Mirren's husband?
    Isabelle Huppert
    Neil Jordan Director
    Thierry Kamami
    Milan Kundera
    Gaelle Lancien
    Claude Lanzmann
    Bernard-Henri Lévy
    Sam Mendes (director & Kate Winslet's hubby)
    Camille Meyer
    Patrick Mimouni
    Yann Moix
    Mike Nichols
    Sandra Nicolier
    Marie Nieves Perez Neël
    Salman Rushdie (writer)
    Carine Sarna
    Ysabelle Saura Del Pan
    William Shawcross
    Olivier Soares Barbosa
    Steven Soderbergh (producer/director? big pal of Clooney isn't he?)
    Nil Symchowicz
    Danièle Thompson
    Eugenia Varela Navarro
    Diane von Furstenberg (dress designer)
    Scott Foundas
    Margaret Walker
    Elsa Zylberstein

I hope Kate doesn't share Sam Mendes' view.

Elite Member

Default re

Open letter to Martin Scorsese (etc.):

Over the years I have loved your movies and am thankful for the way you have pulled the best performances out of some wonderful actors and actresses. With that said, if you drugged, fucked, and sodomized a 13 year old girl or boy, I'd expect to see you charged, prosecuted, and punished. If you fled from said crime, I'd expect to see you brought to justice.

And yes, if you committed such a crime, despite your wonderful films, you would be forever worth less in my estimation.

This applies to everyone who signed this petition, regardless of who you are and what you've done. It's very simple.

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Holy SHYTE, KIRSTIE ROCKS!!

From now on she gets my pass.

Also, don't forget JEWEL who isn't buying this stupidity.

RAPE IS RAPE!!!

Woohoo Go Kirstie....
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

Thread Information