Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rocker Henry Rollins says Britney Spears doesn't exactly sing on her own records

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Hmmm....here's what I've heard: I was living in Stockholm at the same time she was recording with Max Martin. The story around town (and mr. butt's office was in the same building as Martin's studios) was that they recorded Britters over and over, then maticulously picked apart her singing, stringing together the best sounds, irrelevant of whether it was from the first take or the fiftieth.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by MissVenus View Post
    Blackout is so produced and arranged it's not funny! Let's face it, Blackout was made in the midst of Brit's crazy-daze when she was hard-pressed to string a sentence together... I think she is a total sham.
    The good old days. Shitney was on a permanent bender, sleeping all day and drinking all night, puking in cars and alleys and completing ignoring her newborn child. Occasionally, you'd here of her going into the studio. She'd show up late, stay ten minutes, and then run to the nearest club.

What a preening asshole; guess he isn't getting enough attention these days and needs to ride Britney's coattails to do it.

I'm a little lazy and don't feel like digging
    but ENT updated that item a bit ago and I believe the original singer ended up sick with cancer,I think she may have passed away.I remember that the pop star visited her.
    Will definitely explain why the new cd is so computerized and they found someone else for Toxic.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

I posted this link ages ago on the MV thread.
    ..:: The Official Website of Nana Hedin ::..

She sang on some of her earlier songs. And she is overweight and isn't very pretty. (I hate to say something like that about any-one btw. She's not pretty by Hollywood teen singer standards.) And no i don't think she could be starved or plastic surgeried enough to wear a schoolgirl outfit and sing "baby one more time."

As for Brit - it's not really her fault - she probably just had to do what they told her to do. She never got a chance to "be herself".

That's interesting but Henry should not pick on any one after his performance, or lack thereof, in Wrong Turn 2. That was HORRIBLE!

I don't believe she is the answer. Like I said, she can sing - just not well. Clearly it is Britney's voice in her albums. Her voice has always been digitally remastered. Always. A lot of singers are. Really, if he reveals she is, it's not as juicy as I though it would be at all.

The MV blind item sound like pure BS to me, or a complete exaggeration.
    ssabmud

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    That's interesting but Henry should not pick on any one after his performance, or lack thereof, in Wrong Turn 2. That was HORRIBLE!
    I didn't see that, but agree that he has no room to talk.

"Damaged" was a fun album and all, but certainly no artistic masterpiece.

Well duh

If you watch older videos of Britney singing as a child and young teen, she had a pretty impressive and powerful voice. I don't know what happened, but there was a point where she could definitely sing.

I think her first album was all her, and she did something in between the first and second albums (drugs?? nose job??) that totally fucked up her voice, forcing her to get "help" on the following albums, which is why they all sounded heavily computerized, totally different from the first, and used a lot of that breathy/talking style instead of powerhouse singing.

Welcome to the world of the current music business where performers (not singers) are 'created' and packaged for the public. PuffDiddly MTV show was all about picking people with trainable voices and viewable. Simon Cowell made his fortune finding a trainable person and turning them into a mega popstar. Rather like vampires IMO. These poptarts are not musicians at all. They're puppets pulled on a string while everything is done for them including the singing. It sickens me that so many truly talented people who can really write, play, and sing are totally ignored for created myths. Disney has done it for years and continues - Miley Cyrus is an example. They pimped child actors and moved to the music business to make money when movies started losing it. Most really good musicians are on small indie labels that known artists and producers started over the years when this shit became the norm at all the big labels. Every now and then one may break through and you can tell because they're welcomed and applauded by a legit band or artist who's been in the business for awhile. Sorry I got carried away but this something that has bugged me for years. (Getting down from pulpit). Never listened to Brit's music to have an opinion about its quality but I'm sure its not her. BTW one of the reasons she and several other 'poptarts' hate Christina A so much is because she is the real deal, whether you like her music or not - the voice is pitch and tone perfect. Musical talent is something you are born with and in your being. It can be refined but never created.
    Last edited by WesCAdle; March 25th, 2008 at 09:02 AM.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Chasing Demri around our house in her walker!

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    Blackout sounds very robotic, like the name on the album shouldn't be Britney, but whoever the producers were.
    ^^Yes, definitely. And some very high-profile producer or music bus. exec said pretty much exactly the same thing--that the voice sounds like a robot, and that the only thing remotely good about the songs are the music, and therefore Britney should get little to no credit, and the name on the album should be that of the producer(s). I remember Simon Cowell saying the music sounded so robotic, that it sounded "like a ringtone". That about sums it up. Britney did diddly-shit for that album. (and probably for her others too, but even less for "Blackout")

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    And btw, I totally believe Batshit Britney is the Milli Vanilli BI.
    ^^Agree with you on that, too, Sparkly. In reviewing that B.I. (that someone so kindly posted), it DEFINITELY sounds like Britney. I mean, the only thing a bit "off" about it is the dates (Britney's first album came out in very late '98-early '99), BUT the B.I. COMES OUT & SAYS THAT HE CHANGED THE DATES A BIT SO AS TO NOT MAKE IT TOO OBVIOUS. So, in that respect i think it fits perfectly, given that the tale in the B.I. starts at 2000.--just barely enough off to cover his ass, (thus the "i changed the dates a bit" comment) but still close enough to keep us B.I.-sleuthers still in the right time-frame (the "bubblegum/boy-band/Britney Spears pop music era" of late 90's/early 2000's). Other than the dates (which, again, he CAME OUT & SAID WOULDN'T QUITE MATCH), everything else seems to fit with it being Shitney, especially where he says:
    Let me preface this post, by saying that if this story ever comes out, it would blow the music world up and shake it to its core. This would put the Milli Vanilli scandal so far down the ladder it would be crazy.
    ^^That means it has to be someone REALLY, REALLY big. --And Shitney Spears definitely fits the bill. It would take someone of Shitney's magnitude to "put the Milli Vanilli scandal so far down the ladder it would be crazy.", because the M.V. scandal was HUGE at the time.

And of course, i & many, many other people have been suspect about Shitney's singing for a long time anyway. Remember when the recording of her actual singing came out & hit the 'Net of her big "Live in Las Vegas" show from Nov. 2001 (which--warning: off topic, coincidentally, i had tickets to--i was in Vegas at the time--my father thought he was doing my sister & i a HUGE favor by scoring us tickets to that; we hated to hurt his feelings but were like, "Um Dad, we're 23 & 21 and we like alternative rock & weird ambient techno & acid jazz; we're not exactly into Britney Spears. Luckily, my teenage cousins were also along on the vacation & they took the tickets & went to that hugely-publicized show; i still have it in my memory a big billboard on The Strip of Britney in a very sexy, revealing "Elvis-style" white sparkly outfit.) which was, given that it was a "LIVE" CONCERT, supposed to be Shitney SINGING LIVE, & it was a huge deal; it was broadcast on HBO or pay-per-view or something. And remember, like within the past year or so, Shitney's ACTUAL vocals from that concert were leaked onto the Internet--someone recorded them as she LIP-SYNCHED thru the whole show--and SHE COULDN'T EVEN REMOTELY COME CLOSE TO CARRYING A TUNE, TO HER *OWN* SONGS!!! --It was AWFUL & hurt my ears!! She CAN NOT SING. Her voice may be (partially) on her records, but it is so tweaked & auto-tuned in the studio by the producers, as to render it completely different from how it actually sounds. Shitney was always just a packaged "product".--Never a real SINGER.

And yes, i remember the odd comment that another poster brought up about how, after she had Sean, she said when asked what the most interesting/surprising thing she had learned about herself after becoming a mother, and she replied, "I learned that i can actually sing!".--Like the original poster said, that is a VERY ODD thing to say, coming from one of the biggest-selling *SINGERS* of the past couple decades!!! A VERY REVEALING comment, i do believe, that she made off-the-cuff. (as she's known to do when not being fed exactly what to say by her handlers/managers/publicists.)

And finally, as for Henry Rollins, i respect what the man has to say. He's one smart man. Someone mentioned him being in some sh*t movie.--He may not be the best actor (and he's the first person to make fun of himself for that), but the man was the singer of Black Flag, one of the most respected & beloved Punk (REAL punk) bands ever, and he's a very successful & interesting spoken-word artist & poet. Count me in on the Henry Rollins love-fest. I find him fascinating, and believe what he has to say.

(Whew! Long-ass post! )
    My precious baby girl:
    ~ Demri Elizabeth-June ~
    Arrived July 19th. 6 lbs.,5 oz.; 19.5". BEAUTIFUL !

Who is Henry Rollins to judge Twitney? He dosn't "sing" either.

Hey, even if Rollins sucks as an actor at least it was actually HIM performing, and not some stand in
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Maybe I shouldn't admit that I liked Wrong Turn 2.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information