Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rocker Henry Rollins says Britney Spears doesn't exactly sing on her own records

I can't imagine Britters being so rude to this lady though.
    She has always seemed like the type to be polite to elders.

even though it was S who made MV a star..MV was rude to say the least when she saw what S looked like and it really upset me although S being her normal classy self could have cared less..

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarsters View Post
    I'm sure they can put her on some sort of starvation diet, and pimp her out also. She can't look worse than Britney.
    You have to remember the whole boy band/bubblegum pop thing going on then too. It doesn't surprise me that they would stoop this low

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    The Milli Vanilli blind from the Ent Lawyer seems to fit, except for the timing. Britney's first album was done in 98-99, wasn't it? I suppose it could have been for her second album, or whichever one she was doing around 2000.
    Yeah the timing doesn't fit. I personally don't think it's about her.

Oh and btw, I really, really hope this woman gets both the artistic credit and financial compensation she is due. Nothing pisses me off more than real talent going uncredited to cover up someone else's lack of talent.

For example, on Toxic, I'm pretty sure that was mostly Cathy Dennis' voice for the whole song and Britney's voice was barely mixed in, just like Henry Rollins described. But Cathy Dennis was also the writer of that song and a recognized talent (singer/songwriter/prodcuer) in her own right so she got properly credited.

I remeber reading an interview with BS (BS!!!) after her first baby, the interviewer asked her what she has learned from motherhood and she said somethnig along the lines of "I learned I can actually sing." Odd thing for as 'singer' to say, non?
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I can't imagine Britters being so rude to this lady though.
    She has always seemed like the type to be polite
    Only a few kids are in the store, a young girl with her brother and two blondes checking out fake-gold charm bracelets. Britney rifles the racks as the Cure's "Pictures of You" blasts into the airless pink boutique, grabbing a pink lace dress, a few tight black numbers and a frilly red crop top, the kind of shirt that Britney used to wear all the time at seventeen but isn't really appropriate for anyone over that age. Then she ducks into the dressing room with Ghalib. He emerges with her black Am Ex.
    The card won't go through, but they keep trying it.
    "Please," begs Ghalib, "get this done quickly."
    One of the girls runs to Britney's dressing room, explaining the situation through a pink gauze curtain.
    A wail emerges from the cubby — guttural, vile, the kind of base animalistic shriek only heard at a family member's deathbed. "Fuck these bitches," screams Britney, each word ringing out between sobs. "These idiots can't do anything right!"
    Ghalib dashes over to console her, but she's already spitting, growling, throwing a big bottle of soda on the floor so that it begins to spill underneath the curtain, and then she's got a box of tissues and is throwing them on top of the wet floor along with piles of discarded merchandise. A new card finally goes through, but by then Britney is out the door, leaving her shirt on the ground and replacing it with the red top. "Fuck you, fuck people, fuck, fuck, fuck," she keeps screaming, her face splotchy and red as she crosses the interminable mall floor, the crowd behind her growing larger and larger. "Leave us alone!" yells Ghalib.
    The siblings run after Britney to get a video to put up on YouTube, and some of the shopgirls run after her to hand off the merchandise she left behind, and there's an entire bridal party wearing yellow T-shirts who have pulled out camera phones too. A crush of managers in black shirts and gold name tags try to keep the peace, but the crowd running after Britney gets larger, and now the shopgirls have ­started to catch up to her, one of them slipping spectacularly in her platform shoes, grazing her elbow. She pulls herself up, mustering the strength to tap Britney's shoulder. "Um, I'm from the South too," she mumbles, "and I was wondering if I could get a picture with you for my sister."
    Britney turns to Ghalib and grabs his arm. "I don't want her talking to me!" she screams. She whirls around and stares the girl deep in the eyes, her lips almost vibrating with anger. "I don't know who you think I am, bitch," she snarls, "but I'm not that person." Cover Story: The Tragedy of Britney Spears : Rolling Stone
    Last edited by ingi; March 24th, 2008 at 05:41 PM.

I have honestly never thought Britney was a nice person, she has always came off as a spoiled brat, I remember she didn't even know what Canada was...does anyone remember when they interviewed her in 98-99..and someone asked her about touring in Canada, and her silly ass says "who the fuck is where is canada?"....I've always heard more stories about her being shitty towards friends, because she has always had that "I'm Britney" attitude...maybe its false..I don't know..but I have always thought she was completely fake.

The blind item doesn't seem to fit her.

She's a nutjob.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Child View Post
    I thought that about Toxic for ages now. It doesn't even sound like her.
    There is this new rumor I just had to tell you.. The rumor is about our doll Britney Spears.. Some people say Britney sings only 45% of "Toxic" and the other 55% was by this girl Emma Nilsdotter and the background vocals.. They also say Emma Nilsdotter sings on alot of other Britney songs as well.. Here is a video of this Emma singing "Toxic",, it's after 22 minutes in the video so you can just skip the first part.. It does sounds like the voice in the song so it could be true but no artist sings the full song (only Paris Hilton on "Stars Are Blind",, she did the main voice and the background all herself to prove she can really sing so good for her)
    Britney Did Hardly Sing "Toxic"?? | punt.nl: Je eigen gratis weblog, gratis fotoalbum, webmail, startpagina enz

I'm confused where do I listen to the music?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Jeg Sang Britney's Superhit (Britney Vanilli-Swede Claims She Sang Top 40 Record)
    Sweden Express Magazine ^| 8.16.06

Posted on 08/17/2006 10:18:48 AM PDT
    She didn't even sing her own songs! We have reports from Norway that the voice on Britney Spears' Toxic isn't even her voice!
    Like not that it was completely computerized, but it's literally another person singing for her! Britney Vanilli!
    "I used to tell my friends that I'm the one singing her song" says Emma Nilsdotter from SVT's music show 'musikkministeret', according to the Swedish magazine 'Express'.
    The 29 year old Swedish singer claims she sings along through 55% of the song.
    "Britney is the one singing the song but it's mainly my voice" she says in the show.
    The show 'Musikkministeret' claims it takes more than Britney's voice alone to make it sound like her. They describe the song as a product made for Britney to sell.
    Nilsdotter says she be more than glad if Britney called her again to work on other music projects. (translation via Babelfish) Jeg Sang Britney's Superhit (Britney Vanilli-Swede Claims She Sang Top 40 Record)

hm, The girl is quite attractive who was "singing"...
    Emma Nilsdotter

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarsters View Post
    hm, The girl is quite attractive who was "singing"...
    Emma Nilsdotter
    She looks like an older Katharine McPhee

This video was posted on Gossip Rocks a few years ago and its very interesting YouTube - how to make a popstar.

I have no doubt in my mind that this is the exact process that Britney's record company puts her through when she is recording an album. If you watch the video you will see that not only is the brunette "singer" crap at singing she's not even singing the words to the song but is speaking them instead. Britney does this ALOT on her songs to give off that slow seductive vibe.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Britney was always a dancer first anyway.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information