Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Robin Williams in Rehab Facility to Maintain Sobriety

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by crayzeehappee View Post
    I've always thought Robin Williams strongly resembled my dad (r.i.p.). They both lack an upper lip. My dad covered it with a mustache, so I've always thought Robin Williams should grow a mustache. I don't get the whole 'maintaining sobriety" thing. If he's been sober for years and continues to be sober, why suddenly enter a rehab facility?
    Assuming the report is true and he's actually still sober then it's just as stated - he wants to maintain his sobriety. It's an ongoing day-to-day thing and if a person feels that they need some extra help, regardless of how long they've been sober, then they shouldn't hesitate to get it. Better to do a short stint somewhere and regain your focus than to try and carry on regardless and possibly crash and hurt yourself and everyone around you.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMarie View Post
    I greatly dislike when TMZ "reports"/publishes this type of information about people/celebrities. "This person is in rehab / "They are at this exact rehab location" / "Our 'insider' says it's because of this and that" etc... (or any other media outlet, though a majority of it stems from TMZ).

Yeah, they (celebrities) "sign-up" for this kind of life-having to live their life publicly, but there should be some kind of law that protects (or attempts to protect) information about health/well-being/medical treatment/rehab treatment/whathaveyou...

I don't know, those are just my thoughts...
    I don't need to/want to know that type of information... I feel like publicizing celeb's getting treatment makes it harder for them to overcome whatever it is they are trying to overcome. If they want to talk about it later, cool - that's their choice. But at least give them the respect and privacy to focus on themselves and not worry about what the media is releasing....
    This pisses me off but the ones that really get me are the BI's run about celebs who supposedly have cancer or are reeling from an HIV diagnosis. That's just too shitty for words.
    Trixie and SoCalMarie like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Agree. Robin was sober for 20 years and then fell off the wagon. Maybe he's feeling the need for more help than he's been getting to maintain. I love Robin. I hope he gets the help he needs.
    firebrat1229 likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by crayzeehappee View Post
    I don't get the whole 'maintaining sobriety" thing. If he's been sober for years and continues to be sober, why suddenly enter a rehab facility?
    The same reason people continue with AA for years? And Robin hasn't really been sober "for years" he's been in and out of sobriety for years. Maintaining it takes work, for some people, more than others. I'm sure he knows what his triggers are, so maybe he just feels it's time for a refresher course. I don't necessarily think that means he had a relapse, but it's possible. Either way, good for him.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    This pisses me off but the ones that really get me are the BI's run about celebs who supposedly have cancer or are reeling from an HIV diagnosis. That's just too shitty for words.
    Totally. Those BI's are infuriating.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I adore Robin but become anxious when I watch him. It's as if he is afraid that if he stops talking, he will be forced to deal with his pain.
    Never heard it phrased that way, but by golly that's true. That is what I get from him.

Know a person or two with the same sort of thing. Huh. Yep. That's it.
    sluce likes this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    The same reason people continue with AA for years? And Robin hasn't really been sober "for years" he's been in and out of sobriety for years. Maintaining it takes work, for some people, more than others. I'm sure he knows what his triggers are, so maybe he just feels it's time for a refresher course. I don't necessarily think that means he had a relapse, but it's possible. Either way, good for him.
    I must have misunderstood, because I thought the article said he'd been sober since 2006. I think the point I was trying to make was, if he's been sober since 2006 something must have happened recently to make him go to rehab. But I don't know enough about the situation to really speculate beyond that.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Sometimes the thing that happens is just plain old life.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I've always loved Robin! I always root for him to do well. I hate that "The Crazy Ones" got cancelled. He was hilarious in it!
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I liked the show too. He was interviewed before it launched and said he was back on TV because he needs the money.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Oh man! C'mon, Robin! Get well soon! We cannot lose you! You take all the scary stuff and make it ok for us. Make it ok to laugh at it all. Damn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information