Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Like Tree1046Likes

Thread: Robin Williams dead

Bombshell, nana51, maddyG and 2 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

A doctor once told me that people with major depression would take the worst news they've ever heard and the best news they've ever heard and react the exact same way. I heard someone say that tonight. It doesn't matter if you're rich or poor. Have a mansion or a shack. When you're in that place, it's like a hole. Reading comments other places and hearing people say that he's selfish is so frustrating. Mental illness is just as real as cancer or heart disease. Mental doesn't mean it's all in your head. It's a real, physical illness. People that are suffering from a disease and chose to end their lives are looked at as being brave. When someone has a mental illness and ends their life, they're called a coward or selfish. Suffering is suffering. We need to change the way we look at the words "mental illness". It's not just the people you see on the streets, with the obvious signs.

I'm sorry that he saw this as his only way out.

How can Mrs Doubtfire and the Genie be dead? Not in my world.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    How can Mrs Doubtfire and the Genie be dead? Not in my world.
    I know. I keep thinking of more and more movies that he was in. So many. Even movies that weren't the best were made 1000 X's better by his performances. He was something else.
    levitt likes this.

I so agree with you Kris. Suffering is suffering, no matter the diagnosis. Doesn't matter if it's your body or your mind. It's still hellish and unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    Here's an interview he did with his daughter Zelda when they were promoting the new Legend of Zelda 3DS games. She seems pretty awesome and his love and warmth for her just shines through. Depression is a terrible disease, it convinces you that your loved ones would be better off without you. That's the only way I can see him ever leaving his kids like this.

OMG...this was fucking adorable! I am so sad for his family.

His Evening at the Met standup is freaking awesome.

That to me is still one of the greatest standup performances of all time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

I've been thinking about this since I heard. This might sound odd, but as sad as it is, maybe there's also some relief. I've suffered from depression since my early teens, though only recently have I been able to accept it for what it is. And I don't know if I believe everyone can conquer it if they're just strong enough or that there's always something better on the other side. I haven't found myself at the wall in a long time, but for me there was a way over it. I'd like to say that was strength, but I think it was more likely just good damn luck. It's tragic that Robin had to go under to get past the blockade, but at least he's finally free and clear of it. He fought hard and searched for years for a way over the top, but it was just too damn high. The way is sad, but at least he made it past it. All the anguish is behind him now.

I wish peace for his family, though. Especially his kids. He so obviously cherished them.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

I had been fighting back tears all day about the news of his passing, but the last minute or so of that video when he and his daughter were just laughing with each other... I broke down, sobbing. Their interaction was beautiful to watch.
    I glanced at her twitter and tumblr earlier, and she seems like a very intelligent, funny, beautiful young woman.

Much love and strength to his family, especially his children....
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

he was quite the icon of a generation.

i hate the selfish suicide shit too. i'm sad that he's dead but at the same time the dude went out on his own terms. he didn't have a terminal disease but bipolar... which is treatable (very tough i know to get out of depression) but hell, if he had held on a bit things might have been better. but... maybe not. maybe he was just tired and wanted to go. rest in peace.

i feel sad for his family. he is in no more pain. they are in tremendous pain. shiiiiit.
    HWBL, rollo and Janus like this.

He was 63. He'd clearly tried holding on for a very long time and he was running on empty. I'm sure as that video is evidence, he adored his family and loved them very much. With his depression he probably continuously beat himself up mentally about how he was a burden on their lives and bringing them down with him, when the opposite would have been true and I'm sure as a Father & husband he was the light of their lives, as they were to him. I wouldn't wish depression on anyone, my Mum will be completely devastated as she ADORED this man, her favourite film is Mrs. Doubtfire. She absolutely loves him. Her father committed suicide so this will hit her very close to home.

R.I.P Robin. I want to watch Jumanji, Jack and Mrs. Doubtfire right now.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Just last night we were watching an episode of Family Guy on tv and it was the one where everyone Peter touched turned into Robin Williams. There were hundreds of them, everywhere, and now I get up and hear on the radio that there's now none.

Heartbroken.
    levitt and Bombshell like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

what a way to go. this is simply awful.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Posting this because I need to remember his humour, not his end.

levitt, penname, Belt Up and 21 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

^ brilliant!

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information