Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Like Tree1046Likes

Thread: Robin Williams dead

I have had my own battles with depression throughout my adult life. it is an incredibly crippling illness to deal with.

it is such a bad bad place to be, especially when the total darkness sets in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Genie. You're free.

Thanks Rusalka, How sweet.

I could barely stop crying at this news, a part of my (+so many peoples) childhood died. To have killed himself, and I such a way, just imaging it is too horrible. God, I loved him as a kid and really respected him as an adult, it feels silly but I really feel like someone I knew died, some family friend I was close to as a child but just haven't seen in a few years. My god, so sad.
    Bombshell, Jazzy, yanna and 1 others like this.

Statement by President Obama on the Passing of Robin Williams

Robin Williams was an airman, a doctor, a genie, a nanny, a president, a professor, a bangarang Peter Pan, and everything in between. But he was one of a kind. He arrived in our lives as an alien – but he ended up touching every element of the human spirit. He made us laugh. He made us cry. He gave his immeasurable talent freely and generously to those who needed it most – from our troops stationed abroad to the marginalized on our own streets. The Obama family offers our condolences to Robin’s family, his friends, and everyone who found their voice and their verse thanks to Robin Williams.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

My dad once told me that comedians were some of the saddest people in the world.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

My heart is broken. My prayers go out to him and his family. There will never be another Robin Williams . RIP. : (
    Jazzy likes this.

He was another celebrity I've gotten the chance to meet through my job. In Balad, Iraq we had our airplane loaded up with patients to take to Ramstein AB in Germany. We were waiting for one last critical patient to arrive via helicopter when A C-130 carrying him, Kid Rock, and the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders landed and parked in the spot in front of us. Once he heard about the patients on our jet, he insisted on coming over. He visited with each and every patient prior to our departure. What a kind soul. RIP
    sprynkles, sluce, McJag and 19 others like this.

I'm posting again because I had no clue about the struggles he had. I knew about the alcohol/drug abuse in his early days but not about the depression and too often they go hand in hand. I'm so sad for him and his family.

I know a lot of people think suicide is selfish, but I do not. I feel bad that he thought this was his only release. I only hope he has found peace now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post

My fave is The Fisher King. Just watch two misfits (Amanda Plummer and Robin) fall in love. Beyond heartfelt and touching. He was so talented and an original, never to be matched.

One of my favourite movies of all time. He was also incredible as the moon king in Baron Munchhausen, in Awakenings, Good morning Vietnam... So many great roles. And yeah, always raw, always on that fine line between comedy and tragedy.
    I'm shocked by the news but not surprised, if that makes sense
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Shazbat.
    sluce, Bombshell, KrisNine and 2 others like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Celebrity colleagues and admirers of Robin Williams shared their reactions Monday to his death at age 63 in an apparent suicide:

— "I am completely and totally devastated. What more can be said?" — Pam Dawber, in a statement.

— "I feel stunned and so sad about Robin. I'm sad for the world of comedy. And so very sad for his family. And I'm sad for Robin. He always lit up when he was able to make people laugh, and he made them laugh his whole life long.... tirelessly. He was one of a kind. There will not be another. Please God, let him now rest in peace." — Sally Field, in a statement.

— "Robin was a lightning storm of comic genius and our laughter was the thunder that sustained him. He was a pal and I can't believe he's gone." — Steven Spielberg, in a statement.

— "I could not be more stunned by the loss of Robin Williams, mensch, great talent, acting partner, genuine soul." — Steve Martin, on Twitter.

— "I saw him on stage the very first time he auditioned at the Improv and we have been friends ever since. It's a very sad day." — Jay Leno, in a statement.

— "We have lost one of our most inspired and gifted comic minds, as well as one of this generation's greatest actors. To watch Robin work, was a magical and special privilege. His performances were unlike anything any of us had ever seen, they came from some spiritual and otherworldly place. He truly was one of the few people who deserved the title of 'genius.'" — Chris Columbus, in a statement.

— "Robin and I were great friends, suffering from the same little-known disease: depression. I never could have expected this ending to his life, and to ours with him. God bless him and God bless us all for his LIFE! I cannot believe this. I am overwhelmed with grief. What a wonderful man/boy and what a tremendous talent in the most important art of any time - comedy! I loved him." — Chevy Chase in a statement.

— "Robin was as sweet a man as he was funny. If you're sad, please tell someone." — Jimmy Kimmel, on Twitter.

— "Robin was friend, boss, brother, inspiration. His generosity and intelligence knew no limits." — Harvey Fierstein, on Twitter.

— "I've never known a sweeter, brighter, more considerate person than Robin. Robin's commitment as an artist to lifting our mood and making us happy is compared to none. He loved us all and we loved him back." — John Travolta, in a statement.

— "A big tenacious overflowing hyperkinetic eruption of compassion would be (the) best tribute to Williams." — John Cusack on Twitter.

— "RIP to my dear brother and friend Robin Williams. The world will miss the decades of laughter that you gave all of us." — Quincy Jones on Twitter.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
    SHELLEE and Bombshell like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

This just makes my heart sick. Big part of my childhhood and I loved all his movies. Always thought he was a sweet soul. My kid busts me up every time he does his Mrs. Doubtfire impersonation. Someone posted a pic of Robin recently, possibly with a fan. It struck me how SAD he looked and was disturbing to me. Someone told me once that some of the funniest people are the saddest people, humor is their coping mechanism. In total shock over this. RIP Robin.
    Drive-by poster

I hate Fox News but they are doing a special on Robin right now.

I very rarely am affected by the death of a celebrity, but this one breaks my heart. This is a very sad day.

Bless his soul. I hope he's at peace.

czb

let's just hope that leann rimes doesn't refer to robin as one of her dearest friends.
    spinmonkey likes this.

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information