Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree1046Likes

Thread: Robin Williams dead

Loved this guy. He could make anyone laugh. How sad. I know he said he had to do that TV show, The Crazy Ones, because he needed cash. The cancellation must have been tough on him.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

It must have been so hard to be him. I hope that didn't come off sounding silly. He was always on. It must have been exhausting for him. I've battled depression most of my life. It's a disease and now it's has a face. RIP Robin... You and Jonathan Winters behave up there. No, nevermind, have fun!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Wow. Rip.

Oh shit! Gobsmacked. I was really hoping I would see him on Craig Ferguson's show before he left. Hope he's in peace now.

This post has not been proofread

Terrible news. I remember Mork and Mindy fondly. His role in Good Will Hunting was one of my favorites. Dead Poets Society too. RIP.

A piece of my childhood died with him. Why is it that brilliant comedians suffer so much? Does the genius go hand in hand with a darker side or are they just drawn to comedy as therapy?
    JazzyGirl, HWBL and Lalasnake like this.

What a shock. He had so much talent but seemed to struggle. Depression sucks so bad and I feel horrid that he had gotten to a place that dark.

He reached so many generations also. Fuck my heart is breaking.
    This kind of certainty comes but once in a lifetime.
    Clint Eastwood - Bridges of Madison County

This is so very sad. I think he is probably the first actor that I remember as a child because of Mork and Mindy.
    GoldenGirlie likes this.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

I'm horribly shocked and so, so sad. We've lost a rare, rare talent - but it clearly came at a terrible cost. He was always so raw, wasn't he? So painfully open. His feelings were always right there. Maybe that made it easier to tap into for work, but it's a crying shame that the dark ones were so paramount. Poor, poor man. Genuinely brilliant in so many wonderful things: Good Morning Vietnam, Mrs Doubtfire, Dead Poets Society, Awakenings, Good Will Hunting, The Birdcage, Aladdin, Happy Feet - and of course The Fisher King. Oh, I'm just so sad. He was one of my favourites.

RIP dear Robin.
    A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.(Lana Turner)

God, I'm sitting here watching the coverage on CNN and it's making me get all teary-eyed. Very sad.

I just caught Good Will Hunting on Friday or Saturday night. I was thinking he was so great in that role. So believable as the professor/therapist type.

I'm actually just really, really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_On_TheWall View Post
    It must have been so hard to be him. I hope that didn't come off sounding silly. He was always on. It must have been exhausting for him. I've battled depression most of my life. It's a disease and now it's has a face. RIP Robin... You and Jonathan Winters behave up there. No, nevermind, have fun!
    I'm thinking about this post a lot for various reasons. First of all, having had a wonderful chance to meet Jonathan Winters, and know that he too, as you said, was always on, I'm hoping the whole heavens are bursting in laughter right now with these two.

The exhausting from always being on strikes a chord too. Mr. Bombshell is an ER nurse now, but used to do a LOT of stand up and travel for it etc. He still does some local stuff, but used to travel to open traveling shows like Ron White, Andrew Dice Clay and the 80/90's ilk in their later years. I know what you mean when you say "always on". It's not just exhausting for him (the way his brain works and what he needs from other people) but for his family as well. I think that's one of the things that makes him such a great ER nurse. He's always able to get someone's mind elsewhere while he's doing awful stuff like catheters, stitches etc etc.

I encourage him to go do stand up a few times a month because I can't survive him using only his family as the well he draws from for laughs. It is, as you said, exhausting. I can only imagine how it was for Robin. The man didn't seem to ever not "be on".
    rollo and MohandasKGanja like this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Seriously...this is real???
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    it takes A LOT to make me gasp out loud, but this did it. i am so sorry for his family. Damn. RIP
    Same. I adored him. Watching some of his work with my dad was one of my favourite things about childhood.

A few months ago, my husband was actually given one of the therapy scenes from Good Will Hunting to do in acting class. He played Matt Damon's part, but watching his scene partner over the course of three evenings, all I could think was how desperately I wanted to go home and watch Robin do his thing.
    Bombshell and Froogy like this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Bronze Member

Fuck. RIP Mork.
    fuzuoko likes this.

my favorite movie of his was Patch Adams. i even bought the DVD. also in the movie, Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Michael Jeter. RIP
    *DIVA! and Sylkyn like this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information