Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast
Like Tree1046Likes

Thread: Robin Williams dead

czb

meh, if the widow were are total bitch, she would be spraying over the napa estate, that thing is huge, $$$, and probably houses more of robin's stuff. the tib house is not an estate, it is just a house, pretty middle-class by marin standards.
    sluce, sputnik and Kathie_Moffett like this.

Yeah, I don't think what she's asked for throughout this thread was out of line. I read somewhere a few days ago that she was having difficulty paying for the upkeep of the house, and that, according to his will, was something he did leave clear instructions about. I think the kids are angry (who wouldn't be?) that their father is suddenly gone, and they're lashing out at their perceived enemy/goldigger. Nothing that I've read (in this thread and elsewhere) shows her to be an enemy nor a goldigger, just a co-beneficiary.
    sluce, sputnik, Jazzy and 2 others like this.

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Robin Williams' widow Susan Schneider talks his final days on Good Morning America | Daily Mail Online

'We were living a nightmare': Robin Williams' widow describes finding him covered in blood in his final days as she blames his death on his battle with Lewy body dementia

• Robin Williams' widow Susan Schneider discussed the final year of the actor's life in an emotional interview on Good Morning America
    • Schneider said Williams began exhibiting symptoms of Parkinson's in November 2013 and was diagnosed in May of the next year
    • She also said that the actor was dealing with Lewy body dementia, a disease that causes a progressive decline in mental abilities
    • A few weeks before his death Schneider said she found Williams covered in blood after he walked into a door
    • Shortly before his death his doctors had made the decision that they were going to check him into a facility for testing
    • Schneider said that she believes Williams' suicide was his way of saying 'No' to being checked into a facility

By Chris Spargo For Dailymail.com
    Published: 08:49 EST, 3 November 2015 | Updated: 13:23 EST, 3 November 2015

Robin Williams' widow Susan described the final year of the actor's life in an emotional new interview.
    'You know, we were living a nightmare,' said Susan Schneider while appearing on Good Morning America, referring to the months after November 2013 when Williams first began to exhibit symptoms of what was later diagnosed as the early stages of Parkinson's.
    He was found dead less than a year later on August 11 after hanging himself, something Schneider believes happened because her husband was tired of battling a disease that had taken over his body and mind - Lewy body dementia.
    Williams was not diagnosed with the disease however until his autopsy.

Emotional: Robin Williams' widow Susan Schneider discussed the final year of the actor's life in an emotional interview on Good Morning America

Difficult time: Schneider said Williams (above at their wedding) began exhibiting symptoms of Parkinson's in November 2013 and was diagnosed in May of the next year

Schneider described one incident that occurred on July 24 when she was in the shower and said Williams standing by the bathroom sink.

Curious and concerned as to what he was doing, Schenider said she got out of the shower to check on her husband.

'And something didn't seem right. And I opened up the door and there was blood. This towel was so soaked with blood and he was just dabbing his head,' said Schneider.

'And I just screamed, "Robin, what happened? What did you do?" And he pointed to the door and I said, "Did you hit your head?" And he nodded.'

This incident, according to Schneider, was confusing to her at the time, but now makes complete sense.

'And now, after a year of digging into what killed my husband, finding out all about Lewy body disease, lo and behold, one of the symptoms, their vision is affected. Spatially, depth, the ability to recognize, identify objects,' she explained.

'And so now, over a year later I totally get it. I get it, honey. I totally get it. I don't think he was trying to hit his head on the door. I know that's right. And I know he was angry with himself and he was fed up with this and he was expressing anger.'

Battle: Schneider also said that the actor was dealing with Lewy body dementia, a disease that causes a progressive decline in mental abilities

The last month of Williams' life was difficult for the actor according to Schneider, and he appeared unable to keep things together.

In his final week doctors had finally made the decision to check him in for testing, and that played a big role in his decision to take his life according to Schneider.

'I mean, there are many reasons. Believe me. I've thought about this. Of what was going on in his mind, what made him ultimately commit - you know, to do that act,' said Schneider.

'And I think he was just saying, "No." And I don't blame him one bit. I don't blame him one bit.'

The Lewy Body Dementia Association reports that the disease affects 1.4million people worldwide and 'refers to both Parkinson’s disease dementia and dementia with Lewy bodies.'

When asked if the topic of suicide ever came up with Williams, Schneider said; 'No. Not even - no. No.

'I mean, he was sick and tired of what was going on, absolutely … and when he got the Parkinson's diagnosis, you know, I mean, in one sense, it was like this is it. This is what we've been - we've been chasing something, now we found it. And we felt the sense of release and relief. But also, like, "Oh, my god, what does this mean?'"

Williams was also battling depression at the time, and had severe anxiety.

'We'd be out at dinner, and if people were looking at him because people couldn't help themselves. He would say, "Are they giving me the stink eye?"' said Schneider.

'And 98 percent of the time, it was like, "No, they're freaked out because you're Robin Williams. And they don't know what to do."'

WHAT IS LEWY BODY DEMENTIA?

'Lewy body dementia, the second most common type of progressive dementia after Alzheimer's disease, causes a progressive decline in mental abilities.

'It may also cause visual hallucinations, which generally take the form of objects, people or animals that aren't there. This can lead to unusual behavior such as having conversations with deceased loved ones.

'Another indicator of Lewy body dementia may be significant fluctuations in alertness and attention, which may include daytime drowsiness or periods of staring into space. And, like Parkinson's disease, Lewy body dementia can result in rigid muscles, slowed movement and tremors.'
    - Mayo Clinic

Heartbreak: A few weeks before his death Schneider said she found Williams covered in blood after he walked into a door

Schneider also recalled the heartbreaking moment that she learned Williams had taken his life, saying she had left for work that morning and asked his assistant to tell him to call her when he woke up.

'And I kept thinking, "How come he hasn’t called me yet?"' said Schneider.

'And then [his assistant] sent me a text. It said "He’s not up yet. What should I do?" I said – and in that moment, I knew there was something horribly wrong.'

She said just kept screaming 'Robin' during the 20-minute car ride back to the house.

'And I just wanted to see my husband. And I got to see him ... and I got to pray with him,' said Schneider.

'And I got to tell him, "I forgive you 50 billion percent, with all my heart. You're the bravest man I've ever known."'

Schneider reached a settlement with Robin's children after a bitter battle over his will and estate just last month.

The Academy Award winner stated in his will he wanted his wife to remain at their multi-million dollar home, with a trust account to pay for the mortgage, insurance and upkeep.

But when she filed court documents seeking more money, claiming what she was assigned wasn't enough, she clashed with Zak, 32, from his first marriage and Zelda, 25, and Cody, 23, from his second, who accused her of being 'greedy.'

Schneider will talk about her legal battle with Williams' three children in an interview that will air Wednesday on Good Morning America.

Read more:

Read more: Robin Williams' widow Susan Schneider talks his final days on Good Morning America | Daily Mail Online

Last edited by dougie; November 4th, 2015 at 12:38 PM.

czb

that article was confusing. it says that he was diagnosed with parkinson's, but it isn't clear if he was also diagnosed with lewy body dementia or dr widow came up with that diagnosis.
    Mrs P likes this.

Williams was not diagnosed with the disease however until his autopsy.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    that article was confusing. it says that he was diagnosed with parkinson's, but it isn't clear if he was also diagnosed with lewy body dementia or dr widow came up with that diagnosis.

LBD is one of those things that can't be definitively diagnosed until an autopsy. I'm not surprised his original diagnosis was Parkinson's.
    czb likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I'm not sure I'd give the widow too much credit - apparently there were 2 similar life insurance policies with one to her and one to the kids. Both payouts were sent to his last known address and she refused to turn over the kids' check until ordered to do so by the Court. Plus if they have concerns about some of the contents/momentos of their father - she's relatively young, anything could happen to those items specifically not left to her if they were left in her possession - they should deal with it now before she moves, remarries, or does anything else. It may be ugly now, but having the Court sort out poor and unclear drafting is the smartest move in the long run.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

czb

ah sprynkles, i missed that. TY
    sprynkles likes this.

Have to chime in here - I live in the Bay Area & know many people who knew Robin Williams. We can be a bitchy group, but no one had anything but good things to say about him, and I have a lot of stories. I cried every day for a month when Robin died.
    bootspaige and michaelchance like this.

He had coke and alcohol addiction, open heart surgery etc. as well ....
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderpig View Post
    Have to chime in here - I live in the Bay Area & know many people who knew Robin Williams. We can be a bitchy group, but no one had anything but good things to say about him, and I have a lot of stories. I cried every day for a month when Robin died.
    The fact he liked Warmhammer makes my geekdom love him more. He'll be missed.
    spiderpig and Kittylady like this.

Sign Of Respect: Robin Williams Tunnel Honors Late Comedian And Actor

The California tunnel connects the Golden Gate Bridge to Marin County.

03/02/2016 03:35 am ET
    35 K

Signs emblazoned with the new name of the rainbow-arched tunnel connecting the Golden Gate Bridge to Marin County in California have finally been erected.
    Behold, the Robin Williams Tunnel:

According to SFGate, the signs -- one on each side of the tunnel -- were installed by Caltrans on February 29. The installation occurred several months after the California state legislature approved a bill to change the tunnel's name in honor of late actor/comedian Robin Williams. Previously, the structure was unofficially known as the Waldo Tunnel or the Rainbow Tunnel.
    "Robin Williams was a friend to the North Bay community of the San Francisco Bay area," the bill read. "He would often drop in unannounced at comedy nights at the 142 Throckmorton Theatre in Mill Valley. There he would encourage young, budding comedians. He did so with kindness and humility and many comedians aspired to perform with the same level of wit and insight as Robin Williams."

Williams, who died in August 2014, was a long-time resident of Marin County. Last year, a woman named Julie Wainwright started a Change.org petition to rename the tunnel as a tribute to him.
    "He was my neighbor -- I often saw him running errands, walking the dog, performing at the local theater, working at the coffee shop," Wainwright wrote on the campaign page. "Robin wasn’t just an international icon -- he was an integral part of our community here in the Bay Area. We claim him as our own."
    On Tuesday, Wainwright shared a photograph of one of the tunnel's new signs:

According to The Associated Press, the signs cost $3,000, and were paid for with private donations.

Sign Of Respect: Robin Williams Tunnel Honors Late Comedian And Actor
    sputnik and Honeythorn like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Well deserved.

He was - and always will be - beloved in the Bay Area, where I've lived for 35 years. I never met him, but know many who did, and no one ever had anything but positive things to say about him (and if they could've said anything nasty, they sure would've!).

Will always love Robin. He made me smile.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

I can only imagine the jokes he would make about that. I watched an episode of Mork and Mindy the other day and he was just a brilliant man.

Thread Information