Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree1046Likes

Thread: Robin Williams dead

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    One of my childhood friends
    was the Lost Boy "Don't Ask". I need to copy over his Facebook post. Beautiful.
    Please do! (If it's ok with him... ) I would love to read it...
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Elite Member

I sent a message since he has it on his personal page.

mjw
    Elite Member

Robin Williams will forever rest close to home.

According to the late actor's official death certificate, obtained by Radar Online, Williams was cremated and his ashes were scattered in the San Francisco Bay on Aug. 12, one day after his death.

The Oscar winner died from asphyxia due to hanging on the morning of Aug. 11 and was found by his personal assistant slightly suspended in a seated position. Chemical substances were found in his system at the time of his passing, and toxicology results will not be made available for approximately two to six weeks while testing is being performed.

Marin County Sheriff's Lt. Keith Boyd told reporters at the time that Williams had hanged himself with a belt and had cut himself with a pocket knife.

"Mr. Williams [was found] clothed in a seated position, unresponsive, and with a belt secured around his neck with the other end of the belt wedged between the closed closet door and door frame," Boyd told reporters.

Family members were seen arriving in town ahead of what we were told would be a very private memorial being planned by the actor's widow, Susan Schneider, in the Bay Area during the week of Williams death.

"It's not official yet, but that's the plan," a source told E! News on Aug. 13. "It will be small. They were both very private people."

Schneider, Williams' third wife, married the Oscar winner in 2011. He has three children—Zak, Zelda and Cody—from his two previous marriages.

If you or someone you know needs help, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).

Source

Read more at ONTD: Oh No They Didn't! - Robin Williams' Ashes Have Been Scattered in San Francisco Bay
    Last edited by Tati; September 1st, 2014 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Edited because not everything needs to be in giant bold text

I love it that they scattered his ashes on the bay. And it just popped into my head how Robin's mind would've instantly begun riffing on that...one with the frothy waves, rippling gently around the sea lions in the afternoon sun...getting bonked with trash thrown by a tourist...crapped on by the seagulls at AT&T...ach, I miss him. I have the same issue with George Carlin. Not infrequently, I find myself wondering what he would've thought about something, and it's always frustrating that we'll never know. *sigh*
    spiderpig, fuzuoko and Bombshell like this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Robin's genie in World of Warcraft:

Follow Polygon Now!

Wowhead.com, a World of Warcraft database site, found an NPC called "Robin ," in the data for the upcoming WOW expansion Warlords of Draenor. The NPC is associated with a 3D model that looks an awful lot like "Genie," the chatty genie that Williams voiced in Disney's popular animated film, Aladdin. The model appears to be a djinn. There are two other Robin NPCs, also coming in with patch 6.01.

The character's presence appears to confirm the story last week that the beloved actor (who died on Aug. 11) would be immortalized in the game. Genie is one of Williams' most well-known performances, and Aladdin one of Disney's highest grossing films of the 1990s.

WOW super fan Alix Hope also known as The Sha of Happiness found the model a fitting tribute to the actor and his love of games.

When this next expansion comes out, I'll go look for him and bring back pictures for you guys.

Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft | Polygon

He's on inside the actors studio now.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

In addition to WoW and other video games, he also was into Warhammer at Games Workshop. We have a friend that runs one of the stores in Cali and Robin used to come in with his son often. Was a very nice chap. RIP. Hate that he left his kids behind, but depression is a bitch. Often the most outgoing people are those that suffer. It's just putting on a mask and can be exhausting.
    Kittylady likes this.

A co-worker and I were talking about Robin today, about the movies we love with him in it.... and she brought up a good point, on top of the internal battles he's been fighting for years (depression, substance abuse), and the recent news that he was in the early stages of Parkinson's, maybe the medication he was taking to help control it (if he was taking anything) may have had an impact on his mental state as well. The meds could have exacerbated the mental issues he was already battling.

A lot of the treatment meds for Parkinson's listed on WebMd have side effects that include hallucinations, depression, and confusion:
    Parkinson's Disease Medications: Types of Common Drug Treatments

Maybe I'm looking too much into it, I don't know.... I'm just so sad over his passing, still.
    I was balling last night while watching Inside The Actors Studio from the moment he walked out, until the credits rolled....

And I am in awe of his kids, especially Zelda - she is such a smart, strong, witty, beautiful young woman.
    spiderpig and bootspaige like this.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

At the risk of upsetting any gamers on here, he was also a hard core gamer. Being on teh internets for days and sleeping most of the day to get up and play games (when not working obviously) sounds far from the healthy sunshine lifestyle in LA and was likely making his mental state worse.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I exist perfectly well on the minimum of daylight and the grinding is better at 4am....
    Honeythorn, Annika, MsDark and 3 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Bronze Member

I believe it was Rob Schneider who said that the meds Robin was taking for Parkinson's may have pushed him to suicide.

And Deuce Bigelow would know.....
    sluce, Mrs P and Icepik like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Robin Williams' daughter Zelda back on Twitter after harassment over his death

Actor, 25, left social media site on 12 August following comments about her comedian father's suicide

Actor Robin Williams and his daughter Zelda in 2006. She received abuse on Twitter after his suicide. Photograph: Mario Anzuoni/Reuters

The daughter of the late Robin Williams has returned to Twitter after she left the social media website over online harassment she suffered following the suicide of the Oscar-winning actor.
    Zelda Williams, 25, an actor who is one of the comedian's three children, wrote "thank you" on Twitter on Monday and linked to a quote from actor and playwright Harvey Fierstein that appeared to take aim at online bullying.

It said: "Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."
    Williams said she was going to quit Twitter on 12 August, the day after her father's body was discovered at his San Francisco house.

She made the decision after some users sent graphic photos to her account, according to reports at the time.
    Williams also complained of negative comments from other users. "Deleting this [application] from my devices for a good long time, maybe for ever," she wrote on 12 August.
    A number of users posted messages of support after her father's death

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/sep/03/zelda-williams-twitter-return-robin-death

czb

today, i went out to lunch at a local place and they had some OLD pictures on the wall of robin with the waitstaff. apparently, he used to frequent this restaurant. made me sad to see those pictures ....
    sluce, Beeyotch and Kathie_Moffett like this.

Lovable guy.

Thread Information