Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree1046Likes

Thread: Robin Williams dead

Bronze Member

When I was 12 years old (back in '88), I was listening to a radio station. A girl wanted to dedicate a song to a friend that passed away, but the DJ refused to play the song when she mentioned her friend died from suicide. I remember many callers calling upset about it, but the DJ made it clear that he does not condone sucide. Very Sad for the girl!

Quote Originally Posted by mistygirl View Post
    When I was 12 years old (back in '88), I was listening to a radio station. A girl wanted to dedicate a song to a friend that passed away, but the DJ refused to play the song when she mentioned her friend died from suicide. I remember many callers calling upset about it, but the DJ made it clear that he does not condone sucide. Very Sad for the girl!
    first off you freaked me out mistygirl, never seen your posts in another thread other than dourtney's.

that's kind of a dickish thing the dj said, he probably thought other kids would kill themselves so their friends could dedicate songs for them. can you imagine?

My colleague at work told me in no uncertain terms my grandad was in hell because he committed suicide.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    My colleague at work told me in no uncertain terms my grandad was in hell because he committed suicide.
    That makes me so sad. How would they know that? I'm sorry that person was so ignorant that they could not keep their thoughts to them selves.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    first off you freaked me out mistygirl, never seen your posts in another thread other than dourtney's.

that's kind of a dickish thing the dj said, he probably thought other kids would kill themselves so their friends could dedicate songs for them. can you imagine?
    Annika, I normally just talk about Dourtney, but thought sharing this story since. Suicide is a very touchy subject. I think the DJ was afraid that would happen, he also said he didn't want to send the wrong message that suicide is the answer to your problems, which I agree is not, but feel bad for families suffering from this. I hope Robin's soul is finally at Peace. Poor Tormented Soul!

Quote Originally Posted by Calico Kid View Post
    Robin Williams -- 'Crazy Ones' Cancellation Devastating ... A 'Personal Failure'

8/16/2014 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE

Robin Williams
    was "devastated' when his TV show, "The Crazy Ones," was cancelled ... sending him into a deep depression that ultimately led to his suicide.

Sources who frequently interacted with Williams during the last month of his life tell TMZ ... Williams viewed the cancellation as a "personal failure." As Williams put it to one person just before the show debuted, "My face is all over town [on billboards] and it's all on my back."

We're told the cancellation after only 1 season sent Robin into a tailspin -- as one person said, "It hit him hard" -- and that's why he entered the Hazelden Addiction Treatment Center last month -- not for substance abuse, but for depression.

To make matters worse, we're told Robin was increasingly depressed that he was older and good roles for him were few and far between. He would talk about Robert De Niro, saying even he was having a hard time.

Our sources say Parkinson's disease wasn't nearly as significant a factor in his depression as "The Crazy Ones." We're told Robin knew he had the disease for 5 months.

One confidant tells us, "Robin was told by doctors the medications were so great he wouldn't even start to show symptoms for 6 or 7 years."

Read more: Robin Williams -- 'Crazy Ones' Cancellation Devastating ... A 'Personal Failure' | TMZ.com
    "Your sources say"...oh piss off is right! Trying to downplay the PD diagnosis by convincing everyone it was just a minor thing that couldn't have anything to do with his wanting to die...sorry but I call MAJOR bull#$@ on that one. Everything stated here, every moment and every action of Robin's over the past year has said otherwise but the tabloids would rather discuss his depression and addiction problems because they can get more mileage out of saying how all that genius came from the pain inside just like we always knew it did, just like we TOLD you etc....um excuse me, but the guy just got a death sentence okay? Or at least what HE would consider a death sentence anyway and I've no doubt that it was probably THE main reason he did what he did. Say all you want about his tortured soul and how ALL comedians are ALL mentally screwed up n' mad as snakes....Parkinson's would've taken away all that Robin was and the thought of that was unbearable. A comic genius who expressed himself in such wonderfully chaotic bursts of funny business, a man who could be maniacal one second then tender the next only to revert to an insane rapid fire verbal assault one second after that...PD would've sucked him in and left him a mere shell of himself and that bitter pill was simply too much for him to take. It's a lot more colorful to go on about he was a junkie, he was a sad, deeply flawed individual who was in too much pain to stay with us...it sells a lot more papers and fuels just about every clichéd blurb the tabloids feed on to sustain their readership. Sure he was mad as a snake, what performer isn't to some degree, but until PD he put up a good fight ( 20 years sober anyone?) and managed to fend off the shadows that lurked round his heart. I'm not saying he didn't have issues but this last bout of depression, his possible falling off the wagon and his losing the weight, the sleeping 19 hours a day, the sadness....I've no doubt in my mind that these were the fallout of his PD rather than the other way round.
    My conclusion is that he'd decided to take his own life now rather than wait until it was impossible to do so....he chose to die while he was still able to take control of his own fate instead of letting himself become a shell of a man with no say about his situation while the tabloids had a feeding frenzy over the latest photos of this "tragic former comedian". Robin Williams is dead...that in itself is tragic but at the same time I think he was one of the bravest people on the planet and I don't need TMZ to tell me otherwise....he deserves much better than that.
    Last edited by maxeythecat; August 16th, 2014 at 10:28 PM.
    spiderpig likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico Kid View Post

Robin Williams
    was "devastated' when his TV show, "The Crazy Ones," was cancelled ... sending him into a deep depression that ultimately led to his suicide.
    I have never actually hated a website/entity until TMZ came onto the scene. I loathe TMZ. I don't know how the people that run that operation can look at themselves in the mirror at the end of the day.

They've posted a lot of immoral, gross crap/videos/articles/misinformation over the years. More recently, posting video of critically injured comic Ardie Fuqua being pulled from wreckage, and now posting a nonsensical article about Robin ending his life because (or one of the factors being) of a failed sitcom.... get a clue TMZ.... or a heart rather.
    Bellatheball likes this.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

I don't see TMZ, or any of the other gossip outlets, dissecting Robin's death any more or any less than what happens on this board. We are up to 22 pages of arm chair therapists.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

This was posted 3 days before Robin killed himself.

Are people bracing themselves for the fact that Robin Williams will die soon?

Discussion in 'The Vestibule' started by DigInTheCrates, Aug 8, 2014.

Date Posted: Aug 8, 2014#1
    Advertisement

guys...Robin Williams.

Jumanji, Hook, Good Will Hunting, Aladdin, Death To Smoochy, One Hour Photo, Jack...

if you haven't seen even one of those movies, wtf are you doing with your life?

Robin Williams is a great American, one of the greatest comedians/actors of the 20th and 21st century. The Vesti should have one Robin Williams appreciation thread.

DigInTheCrates, Aug 8, 2014

Last edited by DigInTheCrates, Aug 8, 2014

Unbelievable.

Westboro Church to picket funeral of Robin Williams, calling it ‘carcass worship fest’

Members of controversial Westboro Baptist Church have announced plans to picket the funeral of the late actor/comedian Robin Williams, according to Syracuse.com.

The notorious church made the announcement with a tweet on their Twitter page, calling the funeral a “carcass worship fest,” and posting a photo (since removed) to their Instagram account of a follower holding a sign reading “Robin in Hell.”

The Topeka-based Westboro church is infamous for its attention-grabbing ways, appearing at high profile celebrity funerals or military funerals bearing signs stating “God hates fags” and “God hates America,” among others. In many cases, the church will announce a protest and not show up due either to threats from counter-protestors or because they received the publicity they require.

The picket schedule on the church’s website, godhatesfags.com, does not currently show a scheduled Williams picketing.

The church also used their Twitter page to mock Williams, who committed suicide, posting: “Let’s remember folks, #RobinWilliams hung himself. That is cause for shame & mourning,” with another pointing to Williams’ recent diagnosis with Parkinson’s disease.

See the tweets below:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/16/westboro-church-to-picket-funeral-of-robin-williams-calling-it-carcass-worship-fest/
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

People need to stop giving the WBC attention. They tweet/Facebook announce they're going to hit just about every major event or funeral and most they don't ever show up. There are only about 10 members and they don't have the money to travel around constantly. The things they go to are usually in the Midwest.

The entire purpose of the group is to get attention, so people getting all in a tizzy and reposting articles about their latest "protest" is exactly what they want. They want the media attention and people's outrage gets their name repeated umpteen times in the news and then they don't even have to show up half the time because their job's already done.

I don't expect anything from the Westboro Baptist Church because they're just a handful of delusional sickos. They are not influential, they're not a major group, they don't have even dozens of members. What sickens me is that major media outlets devote news articles to every single utterance from this stupid fringe group, which gives them importance. IGNORE THEM. Who the fuck cares what sick things they post on Twitter? There have been enough stories devoted to them already. We get it, they're hateful and like to stand outside in public at events. If people stopped fucking talking about them and filming them they would have NOTHING. Stop devoting news articles and getting into uproars every time they "announce" they're going to show up anywhere like fucking boogieman.
    Trixie, Annika, twitchy2.0 and 6 others like this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I don't see TMZ, or any of the other gossip outlets, dissecting Robin's death any more or any less than what happens on this board. We are up to 22 pages of arm chair therapists.
    True. Though, I see a difference between GR and TMZ.

TMZ "reports" as if all of the information is factual.
    Here at GR, we discuss. An open forum of "what if's" and opinions. We also don't make money off posting the nonsense we talk about.

On top of all that, I feel like there's a "line" here. I don't want to speak for the whole board, but at the end of the day, most of us have respect for others, on the board and as well as celebrities, especially when it comes to the deceased. I don't think TMZ has a moral consciousness or consideration for anyone or anything but dollar signs.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

I'm watching Oprah on OWN from 1988 promoting Good Morning Vietnam. Oprah is just giggling and giggling. Am I laughing more cause he died? Nope. He's so fucking funny. He gets up from his chair and says like a hairdresser "I want to make your hair bigger" (to Oprah's big big bowl of hair) "More Mousse"!

This is gold. Jack Nicholson and Robin.

Kathie_Moffett likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post

Your colleague is the one living in Hell right now because nobody with such a closed heart and judgemental mind could ever truly experience happiness. Many hugs to you x
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Your colleague is the one living in Hell right now because nobody with such a closed heart and judgemental mind could ever truly experience happiness. Many hugs to you x
    Vouch. Who the hell says that to someone???
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Thread Information