Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
Like Tree1046Likes

Thread: Robin Williams dead

So sorry for your loss ShimmeringGlow.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

That's dreadful, ShimmeringGlow. My thoughts are with you and your family.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

my condolences shimmeringglow. i wish you and your family healing. and especially for the poor baby who doesn't have a mama now.

i always think of the good that can come out of things. one good thing that may come out of robin's death is an open discussion about depression. i noticed on a lot of sites, in the comments sections, people not being afraid to admit they have been or are depressed. it's opened a dialogue about how dark and scary it is to be depressed and that it's a disease, not a character flaw. some of these tributes are really sweet. all talk about what a sad little boy he was inside. that makes me all verklempt. i think if more people are aware of how dangerous depression can be, maybe because of robin, a few lives may be saved. either by family and friends recognizing how bad things can get (suicide) and intervening, to people who are so deep in depression asking for help before it gets to the point of suicide.

of course there will always be the assholes with the 'coward speech' and the ones who will look up to what robin did and copy him.

but i think that he really will change the face of depression. more than any campaign could. all of you here are having great conversations about things and i'm so proud to be part of a community that is understanding and caring when another member admits to having problems, and are so sweet when another member has a horrible thing happen to them (i've experienced both situations). you guys are fabulous.
    tulip likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    Yeah, suicide is a bitch. I just found out that my 26 yr old cousin swallowed a bottle of pills last night and went to sleep with her 4 yr old right beside her. Her grandmother found her this morning. She had battled depression for years and had tried to commit suicide several times. I guess her determination to end her life was greater than her will to live.
    Oh how horrible. I am so sorry to hear this. My deepest sympathies.

I have been on vacation for several days, and just wanted to add my comments.

He was such a great actor and really made me laugh. I loved him in soooo many movies! But, I'm really sad that a guy who could make millions of people happy and laugh, had so much pain and sadness in his own life.

Did anyone hear about the bullshit statements that Gene Simmons made? What an uncaring, and cruel asshole!!! Not sure if there is already a post about it or not.

Thanks, everyone! I want to say that I can't believe it, but the thing is that deep down, I'm not surprised. She wore her unhappiness for the world to see and I think everyone was just waiting for something to happen. I'm sorry that she did it in her elderly grandmother's house. Her grandmother has carried the burden for years of having been asleep beside her husband as he lay dead of a heart attack in his sleep. She woke up to her husband being dead and now she's found her granddaughter the same way. Everyone saw the toll that took on her and now this.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    I have been on vacation for several days, and just wanted to add my comments.

He was such a great actor and really made me laugh. I loved him in soooo many movies! But, I'm really sad that a guy who could make millions of people happy and laugh, had so much pain and sadness in his own life.

Did anyone hear about the bullshit statements that Gene Simmons made? What an uncaring, and cruel asshole!!! Not sure if there is already a post about it or not.
    It looks like he said something about depressed people should kill themselves? While he did Tweet, "RIP Robin Williams, a kind and generous man," people are outraged that Williams death almost immediately followed his comments about depression.

I hope that the death of Robin Williams does open up discussion about this type of illness. Those of us who know someone who struggles with mental illness KNOW that this is a possibility. I've said for years that I would be terribly saddened if my mentally ill brother took his own life - but NOT surprised. There are times when I've felt like that is going to be the only way he's free of the voices and demons that surrounds him all the time. It's a shitty way for someone to live and it's not easy for them or the people who love them.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I'm sorry for your family's loss, ShimmeringGlow. What's so sad is what you and Mel mentioned, the fact that people around the person are many times not at all surprised. The helplessness of the people who love them, that no matter what, they can't save their loved one. I also hope this opens up a dialogue, because it's a subject that's not discussed much until the worst happens. It's so isolating, I mean, how does one confess to someone close that they don't want to live anymore, there's got to be the fear of being labeled crazy, locked up and so I think they retreat further inside themselves.
    ConstanceSpry and Beeyotch like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I'm sorry, Shimmering Glow, and sorry for her grandmother too.

Okay... that did it. The toy soldiers tribute and Reeve's memories of Robin did it. I've let go the held up tears.
    I've had a rough week catching my bf lying and cheating and then miscarrying a child when I thought he was fixed.
    When I heard Robin died, I yelled at the sky asking why take such an amazing man and let a man like my cheating ex walking around?
    Then yesterday, I miscarried.
    ...and I read these memories today. Fuk fuk fuk...................why?!!!!!

and ShimmeringGlow?........ I'm so utterly sorry for your loss.

- Isn't it funny? He battled depression. Now, we are depressed that he is gone.

Sorry to hear that, WhiteTigeress.

fgg

i just got a CNN alert that said he had the beginning stages of parkinsons.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

mjw
    Elite Member

After days of intense speculation about Robin Williams's private struggles in the wake of his suicide, his widow, Susan Schneider, on Thursday made a stunning revelation: the comic had recently been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.

“Robin spent so much of his life helping others. Whether he was entertaining millions on stage, film or television, our troops on the frontlines, or comforting a sick child — Robin wanted us to laugh and to feel less afraid," Schneider said in a statement released via her husband's publicist. "Since his passing, all of us who loved Robin have found some solace in the tremendous outpouring of affection and admiration for him from the millions of people whose lives he touched. His greatest legacy, besides his three children, is the joy and happiness he offered to others, particularly to those fighting personal battles.

"Robin's sobriety was intact and he was brave as he struggled with his own battles of depression, anxiety as well as early stages of Parkinson's disease, which he was not yet ready to share publicly," she continued. "It is our hope in the wake of Robin’s tragic passing, that others will find the strength to seek the care and support they need to treat whatever battles they are facing so they may feel less afraid.”

Schneider's statement comes a day after Williams publicist shot down reports that the genius comic was dealing with financial troubles.

Williams, 63, was found dead in his home in northern California on Monday. He hanged himself.

Meanwhile, the Marin County Sheriff's Office is defending its handling of the case, specifically a press conference in which graphic details were released about Williams's suicide.

"The Sheriff's Office understands how the release of the kind of information you heard Tuesday may be viewed as disturbing by some, and as unnecessary by others, but under California law, all that information is considered 'public information' and we are precluded from denying access to it," Marin County Sheriff's Lt. Keith Boyd said in an email to Yahoo on Thursday. "These kinds of cases, whether they garner national attention or not, are very difficult for everyone involved. Frankly, it would have been our personal preference to withhold a lot of what we disclosed to the press yesterday, but the California Public Records Act does not give us that kind of latitude."

In the coming days, there are more heartbreaking details yet to come.

"For the same reasons, we will likely be required to release to the media the 911 phone call we received from Mr. Williams's residence and the fire dispatch tapes that resulted as well," Boyd continued. "To date, we have received a staggering number of formal Public Act Requests to do so and we are required by law to make those disclosures within 10 days."

Boyd explained their office is looking for a loophole to withhold the tapes, but it isn't likely:

"While we continue working with our County Counsel's Office to determine if there might be an exemption in the Public Records Act that would allow us to withhold those tapes, my past experience has been that there is not and we will once again have to do what the law requires us to do."

During the press conference in question, Boyd revealed that Williams was found "clothed, slightly suspended in a seated position" and unresponsive with a belt around his neck. His left wrist also had several acute superficial wounds thought to be from a pocketknife that was found nearby.

Williams's assistant — who discovered the late actor's body — called 911 and "was distraught and indicated that it was an apparent suicide due to a hanging and that rigor mortis had set in," said Boyd.

The details prompted shock and outrage on social media.

Robin's daughter, 25-year-old actress Zelda Williams, had to suspend her social media accountsdue to online harassment about her father's death.

"We will not tolerate abuse of this nature on Twitter," Del Harvey, Twitter's vice president of trust and safety, said in a statement. "We have suspended a number of accounts related to this issue for violating our rules and we are in the process of evaluating how we can further improve our policies to better handle tragic situations like this one. This includes expanding our policies regarding self-harm and private information, and improving support for family members of deceased users."

Williams was survived by Schneider and three children from two previous marriages, Zelda, Zak, 31, and Cody, 22.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/ce...184324914.html

Oh man. I'm so sorry to hear that.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Thread Information