Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
Like Tree1046Likes

Thread: Robin Williams dead

Oh how I love my fellow man.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

*stabs keyboard furiously*

Where's that damn "punch people through the internet" button SoCalMarie was talking about? These people sicken me. Maybe Robins Williams wasn't their favourite actor or comedian, maybe they disagreed with his views on certain subjects, but FFS! What sort of petty, miserable, bitter and twisted individuals are they that they have to resort to this sort of self-aggrandising bollocks to make themselves feel 'speshul'?
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Wow, those hell and brimstone comments are just disgusting. If I was religious, I would be horrified to be associated with people who have nothing in common with Jesus or his teachings.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I was hoping that just for fucking ONCE, assholes, the press and every other shit stain would just NOT. I do NOT want to see pictures of his kids coming out of his funeral. I don't need to see that. We know that the family is hurting, no need to exploit it to sell fucking paper!
    Thank you!! And as far as the assholes being mean to Zelda: I hope they fucking burn in Hell!!!!!!
    spiderpig likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    *stabs keyboard furiously*

Where's that damn "punch people through the internet" button SoCalMarie was talking about? These people sicken me. Maybe Robins Williams wasn't their favourite actor or comedian, maybe they disagreed with his views on certain subjects, but FFS! What sort of petty, miserable, bitter and twisted individuals are they that they have to resort to this sort of self-aggrandising bollocks to make themselves feel 'speshul'?
    Feels weird to "like" this since there's nothing remotely likable about the subject. But I agree with your sentiments completely. I couldn't even make it through the comments, nor can I express my frustration and anger properly. It makes me sick and it's so awful that people like that even exist out there. It feels so hopeless when you see reactions like this. It makes me despair in general because everything can be perverted into this twisted, disgusting, attention seeking statement. Even the purest, most heartfelt moments can be made rotten by humanity.
    Kittylady likes this.

It's not a time for the family to be on Twitter, just saying. EVERY time a celebrity dies, especially if horrible and tragic, the trolls come out in force.
    Sylkyn likes this.

^As do all the supporters.

I can't ever imagine worshipping a God who would send someone to hell for ending their life.
    snoopqueen and Kittylady like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Those creeps don't surprise me in the slightest, I've come to expect that kind of onslaught. What has surprised me is the compassion and understanding that has dominated stories and comments since the news broke. It's been uplifting.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    It's not a time for the family to be on Twitter, just saying. EVERY time a celebrity dies, especially if horrible and tragic, the trolls come out in force.
    Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post

*shrugs*

personally, i can't imagine going on twitter or FB with this kind of thing, but his kids are young. it is 'normal' for people that age to express lots of personal things on social media.
    sputnik, KrisNine and Serendipity like this.

I was thinking the fact that she was able to bring herself to post about it immediately maybe means the family was almost expecting it? Or that at least it wasn't a total surprise to them? Or I could be reading into it too much and she was really just still numb.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post

I can't ever imagine worshipping a God who would send someone to hell for ending their life.
    I think the prohibition on suicide in religious texts and dogma is probably similar, in origins to the prohibition on self gratification. Everything was about the family - stabilizing it and making it grow so that the religious group would get larger. Making suicide a verboten, going-to-hell, kind of offense would probably make a depressed person long ago think long and hard before committing it.

Or not. When someone is in that state, the afterlife is unlikely to be a consideration.
    witchcurlgirl, sluce and Kittylady like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Making murder a verboten, going to hell kind of offense really helped put a stop to that. And look how well it worked on wiping out adultery.
    sputnik, sluce, HWBL and 1 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

And sin in general.
    sputnik and sluce like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Or not. When someone is in that state, the afterlife is unlikely to be a consideration.
    I think it was marginally more difficult back then, though. No guns, no sleeping pills, no building higher than two stories. Belts were notoriously shoddy in workmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Making murder a verboten, going to hell kind of offense really helped put a stop to that. And look how well it worked on wiping out adultery.
    Have you ever tried self smiting with a broadsword, though? It's really difficult.

Thread Information