Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
Like Tree1046Likes

Thread: Robin Williams dead

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

FFS! This made me sick to my stomach.

Robin Williams' daughter forced off Twitter after internet trolls post fake photograph claiming to be her dead father

• Zelda Williams, 25, made an appeal to 169,000 followers to report two users
    • The image has since been revealed to be a fake which was digitally altered
    • The two accounts responsible for the messages have been suspended
    • Furious Twitter users responded to Zelda to show their support
    • Zelda deleted the tweet but later explained she planned to delete account
    • Zelda has also said she plans not to use Instagram until she 'heals'
    • Last night Zelda released a statement about the death of her father

Robin Williams' daughter has been forced off Twitter after internet trolls posted a fake photograph claiming to be her dead father.

Zelda Williams, 25, made an appeal to her 169,000 followers to report two users on Twitter who sent the image to her account.
    She wrote: 'I'm shaking. I can't. Please. Twitter requires a link and I won't open it. Don't either. Please.'

+9

Hurt: Robin Williams' daughter Zelda has been forced off Twitter by internet trolls

The image has since been revealed to be a fake which was digitally altered to look like Robin Williams.
    The two accounts responsible for the messages, @PimpStory and @MrGoosebuster, have now been suspended.

Furious Twitter users were quick to respond to Zelda to show her their support.

One wrote: 'I hope @zeldawilliams knows the people who love her outnumber the scumbags by about 94,000,000 to 1.'

+9

Zelda Williams, 25, made an appeal to her 166,000 followers to report two users on Twitter

While another wrote: '@zeldawilliams that is the saddest and sickest thing I have ever seen. I am ashamed if (sic) humanity.'
    Later Zelda deleted the tweet but explained how she planned to delete her Twitter account, maybe forever.

She wrote: 'I’m sorry. I should’ve risen above. Deleting this from my devices for a good long time, maybe forever. Time will tell. Goodbye.'

Later Zelda deleted the tweet but explained how she planned to delete her Twitter account

Zelda has also said she plans to not use Instagram until she 'heals'. She posted: 'I will be leaving this account for a bit while I heal and decide if I’ll be deleting it or not.

'In this difficult time, please try to be respectful of the accounts of myself, my family and my friends.
    'Mining our accounts for photos of dad, or judging me on the number of them is cruel and unnecessary.

'There are a couple throughout, but the real private moments I shared with him were precious, quiet, and believe it or not, not full of photos or ‘selfies’.
    'I shared him with a world where everyone was taking their photo with him, but I was lucky enough to spend time with him without cameras too.

Furious Twitter users were quick to respond to Zelda to show her their support after she was trolled

'That was more than enough, and I’m grateful for what little time I had.
    'My favorite photos of family are framed in my house, not posted on social media, and they‘ll remain there.

'They would’ve wound up on the news or blogs then, and they certainly would now. That’s not what I want for our memories together. Thank you for your respect and understanding in this difficult time. Goodbye. Xo'.

Last night the actor's heartbroken daughter released a statement about the death of her father.

+9

Robin Williams posted this photograph of him and his daughter Zelda on her 25th birthday

She wrote: 'My family has always been private about our time spent together. It was our way of keeping one thing that was ours, with a man we shared with an entire world. But now that's gone, and I feel stripped bare.
    'My last day with him was his birthday and I will be forever grateful that my brothers and I got to spend that time alone with him, sharing gifts and laughter.

'He was always warm, even in his darkest moments.'

+9

+9

Robin Williams with son Cody Williams (pictured in 2007) and with his daughter Zelda Williams (right) in 2011

+9

Robin Williams with his oldest son Zak and second wife, Marsha Garces Williams pictured in 2002

Robin Williams hanged himself on Sunday night while his wife slept in a nearby bedroom.
    He had several superficial cuts on the inside of his left wrist.

A pocket knife with what appeared to be dried blood was discovered nearby.
    The Mrs Doubtfire and Good Will Hunting star's suicide comes after decades of battling depression and alcohol and drug addiction.

+9

Lieutenant Keith Boyd said Williams was found dead about 11.55am on Monday

+9

Flowers and tributes are placed at a memorial on the Hollywood Walk of Fame star for actor Robin Williams

+9

Tribute: A single spotlight shines on the hand and footprints of actor Robin Williams during a ceremony to honor him at the TCL Chinese Theatre on August 12, 2014 in Los Angeles

He was also facing significant financial pressures and admitted he was selling a $35million estate in Napa because he could no longer afford it.
    Williams struggled with depression and an addiction to cocaine and alcohol for decades. Last month the married father of three was back in rehab 'fine-tuning' his sobriety in a year where he had been working on six movies and a TV series.

Robin Williams' daughter forced off Twitter after internet trolls post fake photograph claiming to be her dead father | Mail Online
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I was hoping that just for fucking ONCE, assholes, the press and every other shit stain would just NOT. I do NOT want to see pictures of his kids coming out of his funeral. I don't need to see that. We know that the family is hurting, no need to exploit it to sell fucking paper!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by penname View Post
    I don't know why an auto-erotic asphyxiation angle makes anyone feel any better. I doubt that it would make his family feel better. Besides, the sheriff didn't actually say he was partially clothed - although it was implied. However, if, as was also implied, he tried to cut his wrists first, that has nothing to do with auto-erotic asphyxiation. So perhaps, IF he was only partially-clothed, he simply took his pants off because he needed the belt to hang himself with. Simple as that.

To be honest, I wish I didn't know all this. I didn't expect the press conference to cover so much. There's no dignity in having these tragic details made so public. Although I admit that I can't help my interest, there's something deeply disturbing about having so little privacy for our most personal, private, intimate, final moments. Would any of us want this for ourselves, let alone our parents, children and loved ones? And the thought that the 911 call will also become a matter of public record, with every word and hesitation and tone to be pored over in the press (which it will be) - who thinks of such exposure when you call an emergency number?

Robin can send a flock of pigeons to poop on my car as often as he likes, but I feel uncomfortable and a little ashamed of my prurience. He evoked real affection in so many of us and I wish only to show respect and sympathy. But I worry that some of this extreme openness simply isn't right.
    This was clearly directed at me so I will respond. First the article with the statement from the Sheriff states he was partially clothed so I am not sure why you feel he did not say that. Second - I have treated families of suicide victims and they often try to find a way to believe the suicide was an accident, that their loved one never intended to leave them on purpose. If he had died of erotic asphyxiation his family would know he didn't plan to leave. But, I am well aware of the cuts at his wrist since I posted that article too. It is terribly clear that he was troubled and this outcome was a possibility for him.

I do agree that the press is intrusive and don't like that 911 calls are made public. However, that is a trade-off for some of the freedoms in this country. In an effort to keep transparency in our government we have "right to know laws" and they sometimes cross the line.
    fuzuoko likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Elite Member

To be honest, I wish I didn't know all this. I didn't expect the press conference to cover so much. There's no dignity in having these tragic details made so public. Although I admit that I can't help my interest, there's something deeply disturbing about having so little privacy for our most personal, private, intimate, final moments. Would any of us want this for ourselves, let alone our parents, children and loved ones? And the thought that the 911 call will also become a matter of public record, with every word and hesitation and tone to be pored over in the press (which it will be) - who thinks of such exposure when you call an emergency number?
    I find it rather sickening and can't fathom why there has to be a headline on CNN about the method he used to kill himself. It is all so intrusive, and not any of my business.

I heard a snippet of an interview with someone on NPR (don't know who it was, probably another celebrity) who said that essentially Robin Williams died of depression. That makes sense to me. I hope this helps bring some attention to people who are suffering from serious depression.
    Bombshell likes this.
    Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum

Bronze Member

New Development surrounding his Death

Robin Williams Death - YouTube

just saw this posted somewhere else. It really is disgusting, We know that he has passed away now so why can't the media just the let family and friends grieve in peace. The more articles there are the more the trolls come out and no one wants to be dealing with that bullshit when they are grieving for a loved one.
    snoopqueen likes this.
    "I don't know what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time"

His poor daughter had 2 trolls upsetting her on twitter so she shut down her twitter account.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

^^ I didn't understand what the trolls did. I read they photoshopped his pictures but into what?

This post has not been proofread

Gold Member

I think they were photoshopped autopsy pics or something but I honestly have no clue myself. Once again, humanity fails.

yeah, it seems like they were saying it was pictures of her dad dead.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

[QUOTE=penname;3238968]I don't know why an auto-erotic asphyxiation angle makes anyone feel any better. I doubt that it would make his family feel better. Besides, the sheriff didn't actually say he was partially clothed - although it was implied. However, if, as was also implied, he tried to cut his wrists first, that has nothing to do with auto-erotic asphyxiation. So perhaps, IF he was only partially-clothed, he simply took his pants off because he needed the belt to hang himself with. Simple as that.
    QUOTE]

From what I've heard, this happened sometime during the night. When everyone started saying "partially clothed" I thought - well, ya....who sleeps with all their clothes on?
    Kittylady and Sunrider like this.

Haven't read this entire thread yet, but somebody said it was "well known" that he suffered from bipolar disease. I never heard this before.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    FFS! This made me sick to my stomach.

Robin Williams' daughter forced off Twitter after internet trolls post fake photograph claiming to be her dead father

• Zelda Williams, 25, made an appeal to 169,000 followers to report two users
    • The image has since been revealed to be a fake which was digitally altered
    • The two accounts responsible for the messages have been suspended
    • Furious Twitter users responded to Zelda to show their support
    • Zelda deleted the tweet but later explained she planned to delete account
    • Zelda has also said she plans not to use Instagram until she 'heals'
    • Last night Zelda released a statement about the death of her father

Robin Williams' daughter has been forced off Twitter after internet trolls posted a fake photograph claiming to be her dead father.

Zelda Williams, 25, made an appeal to her 169,000 followers to report two users on Twitter who sent the image to her account.
    She wrote: 'I'm shaking. I can't. Please. Twitter requires a link and I won't open it. Don't either. Please.'

+9

Hurt: Robin Williams' daughter Zelda has been forced off Twitter by internet trolls

The image has since been revealed to be a fake which was digitally altered to look like Robin Williams.
    The two accounts responsible for the messages, @PimpStory and @MrGoosebuster, have now been suspended.

Furious Twitter users were quick to respond to Zelda to show her their support.

One wrote: 'I hope @zeldawilliams knows the people who love her outnumber the scumbags by about 94,000,000 to 1.'

+

Why, why, why do people do such horrible, senseless things?!?! Arrgggg. This is a prime example of why I wish there was a "punch stupid people over the internet" button on my keyboard.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

why must people be such vermin?

The 15 Most Horrible Conservative Comments About Robin Williams’ Death On Social Media

Author: Vera August 13, 2014 1:59 am

By now, everyone’s heard the news that actor Robin Williams has died after suffering many years of depression.
    The news came as a shock to all. While most have been expressing their grief through touching tributes and sympathetic tweets in memory of the comedian, the passing of the famous actor seems to have brought out the worst in Conservatives.
    From Fox News calling Williams “a coward” to radio host Rush Limbaugh claiming that the comedian killed himself “because he was a liberal” to pro-life sites saying that abortion was to blame for Williams’ suicide, there is no limit to how low these comments can get.
    However, it’s the comments from the general public that have been raising eyebrows. The following screen captures were taken from the Fox News facebook page and are comments left by the page’s fans. While these posts definitely don’t represent all Conservatives, it’s clear that there are a few bad eggs out there. Try not to lose your faith in humanity.

If you need a pick-me-up after reading that rubbish, check out these 11 beautiful Robin Williams tributes.

source: – The 15 Most Horrible Conservative Comments About Robin Williams’ Death On Social Media
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

I won't even watch any of the coverage on television. I just want to remember Robin for the talented man he was.

Thread Information