From Jeff Bridges:

My heart is broken
    I love Robin so
    My heart goes out to his family
    He is a treasure chest of creativity and generosity of spirit to us all
    Words fail to express...

The Children of Robin Williams Remember Dad
    By Raechal Leone Shewfelt 1 hour ago Yahoo Celebrity

The untimely death of Robin Williams at the age of 63 has left the three adult children he clearly adored stricken with grief.

Zak, Williams's 31-year-old son with ex-wife Valerie Velardi, as well as Zelda, 25, and Cody, 22, his children from his marriage to Marsha Garces, offered emotional statements about the comedic actor in the wake of his death.
    Zak: "Yesterday, I lost my father and a best friend and the world got a little grayer. I will carry his heart with me every day. I would ask those that loved him to remember him by being as gentle, kind, and generous as he would be. Seek to bring joy to the world as he sought."

Zelda: "My family has always been private about our time spent together. It was our way of keeping one thing that was ours, with a man we shared with an entire world. But now that's gone, and I feel stripped bare. My last day with him was his birthday, and I will be forever grateful that my brothers and I got to spend that time alone with him, sharing gifts and laughter. He was always warm, even in his darkest moments. While I'll never, ever understand how he could be loved so deeply and not find it in his heart to stay, there's minor comfort in knowing our grief and loss, in some small way, is shared with millions. It doesn't help the pain, but at least it's a burden countless others now know we carry, and so many have offered to help lighten the load. Thank you for that.

"To those he touched who are sending kind words, know that one of his favorite things in the world was to make you all laugh. As for those who are sending negativity, know that some small, giggling part of him is sending a flock of pigeons to your house to poop on your car. Right after you've had it washed. After all, he loved to laugh too... Dad was, is and always will be one of the kindest, most generous, gentlest souls I've ever known, and while there are few things I know for certain right now, one of them is that not just my world, but the entire world is forever a little darker, less colorful and less full of laughter in his absence. We'll just have to work twice as hard to fill it back up again."

Cody: "There are no words strong enough to describe the love and respect I have for my father. The world will never be the same without him. I will miss him and take him with me everywhere I go for the rest of my life, and will look forward, forever, to the moment when I get to see him again."

Cody and Zelda's mother, Marsha Garces Williams, issued a sweet statement of her own. She was married to the comedian from 1989 to 2010.

"My heart is split wide open and scattered over the planet with all of you," her statement read. "Please remember the gentle, loving, generous — and yes, brilliant and funny — man that was Robin Williams. My arms are wrapped around our children as we attempt to grapple with celebrating the man we love, while dealing with this immeasurable loss."

Of course, Williams's wife of nearly three years, Susan Schneider, spoke out once the news broke Monday. "This morning, I lost my husband and my best friend, while the world lost one of its most beloved artists and beautiful human beings," she wrote. "I am utterly heartbroken. On behalf of Robin's family, we are asking for privacy during our time of profound grief. As he is remembered, it is our hope the focus will not be on Robin's death, but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions."
    Last edited by sluce; August 13th, 2014 at 12:47 AM.
    Sylkyn likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Since the report is that he was hanging, partially clothed, for now I have decided to believe it was an accident and he was experiencing autoerotic asphyxia. Not really, but it makes me happier.

Hey Sluce, where did you see that he was partially clothed? I just read on TMZ that he tried cutting his left wrist and ended up using a belt.

Oh goodness, I feel ill just typing that. He must have been so desperate to end his pain. My heart aches for him and his family. I can not imagine the pain he felt that he needed to take these desperate measures.

These Photos Of Koko The Gorilla Mourning The Loss Of Robin Williams Are Incredibly Moving

The two met in 2001 and became fast friends. Robin Williams touched not just the lives of people, but also some of our closest relatives in the animal kingdom. posted on Aug. 12, 2014, at 5:52 p.m.
    Ellie Hall BuzzFeed Staff

In 2001, Robin Williams met Koko, the gorilla who communicates in sign language, at The Gorilla Foundation in Woodside, Calif. The two immediately became friends.

The Gorilla Foundation / Via koko.org

“Koko instantly connected with Robin,” said Dr. Penny Patterson, the foundation’s president and the gorilla’s foster mother. “Koko, like us, can sense a person’s nature and in this case, she was quickly drawn to Robin’s warm heart.”

The Gorilla Foundation

The actor, who would later describe the meeting as “unforgettable,” filmed a PSA with Koko for the foundation in 2004 to raise awareness of environmental threats to the species. Williams also accepted the post of honorary co-chair for the foundation’s campaign to create the Maui Ape Preserve.

On Monday, Koko was with Patterson when news of Williams’ death broke and phone calls started to come in.

“After the first call, Koko came to Dr. Patterson with an inquiring look on her face. Dr. Patterson explained that ‘we have lost a dear friend, Robin Williams.’”
    Via Press Release: The Gorilla Foundation

“Koko was quiet and looked very thoughtful,” a spokesperson for the Gorilla Foundation said in a press release emailed in response to an inquiry from BuzzFeed.

The Gorilla Foundation
    After overhearing an emotional conversation between Patterson and a colleague who had worked with Williams on his PSA for the foundation, Koko signed the words for “woman” and “crying.”

“Koko became very somber, with her head bowed and her lip quivering.”

The Gorilla Foundation

On Tuesday, the Gorilla Foundation posted a message of remembrance and a video of the actor’s meeting with Koko to honor his life, “which was a profound gift to humanity — and to other great apes like Koko.”

koko.org

Dr. Patterson also shared her memories of the actor’s visit. “Robin made Koko smile — something she hadn’t done for over six months, ever since her childhood gorilla companion, Michael, passed away.”

The Gorilla Foundation

The Gorilla Foundation

“Not only did Robin cheer up Koko, the effect was mutual, and Robin seemed transformed — from a high-energy entertainer, into a mellow, sensitive, empathetic guy, who also happened to be really funny.”

The Gorilla Foundation

Watch the heartwarming video of the actor’s meeting with Koko.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/t...-loss-of-robin

What a very sweet testament to how smart and observant animals are, witnessing the connection between human and animal, and it was awesome watching Robin really taking in/enjoying the experience.
    laynes likes this.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

The video with Koko made my cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Froogy View Post
    Hey Sluce, where did you see that he was partially clothed? I just read on TMZ that he tried cutting his left wrist and ended up using a belt.

Oh goodness, I feel ill just typing that. He must have been so desperate to end his pain. My heart aches for him and his family. I can not imagine the pain he felt that he needed to take these desperate measures.
    See post #164 which is the statement from the Sheriff's office today.
    JazzyGirl and Froogy like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

That gorilla video about did me in. Geezus. *sniffle*
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

His kids sound like such kind, thoughtful souls.
    KrisNine, Shinola and rollo like this.

Rusalka likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Bronze Member

Such a splendid soul and a tragic loss. I am wondering if perhaps he did not think the result would be death. Possibly he had experimented with auto asphyxia before without dire results. Maybe in some way, in his torment, he told himself that he should not drink and this was a way to escape the pain however briefly. Certainly, he was a man who seemed to have demons pursuing him (with the financial pressure, the loss of his brother, his ranch in Napa), he felt they were gaining on him. May he rest in peace. I'd like to think Jonathan Winters was there to welcome him.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    These Photos Of Koko The Gorilla Mourning The Loss Of Robin Williams Are Incredibly Moving

The two met in 2001 and became fast friends. Robin Williams touched not just the lives of people, but also some of our closest relatives in the animal kingdom. posted on Aug. 12, 2014, at 5:52 p.m.
    Ellie Hall BuzzFeed Staff

In 2001, Robin Williams met Koko, the gorilla who communicates in sign language, at The Gorilla Foundation in Woodside, Calif. The two immediately became friends.

The Gorilla Foundation / Via koko.org

“Koko instantly connected with Robin,” said Dr. Penny Patterson, the foundation’s president and the gorilla’s foster mother. “Koko, like us, can sense a person’s nature and in this case, she was quickly drawn to Robin’s warm heart.”

The Gorilla Foundation

The actor, who would later describe the meeting as “unforgettable,” filmed a PSA with Koko for the foundation in 2004 to raise awareness of environmental threats to the species. Williams also accepted the post of honorary co-chair for the foundation’s campaign to create the Maui Ape Preserve.

On Monday, Koko was with Patterson when news of Williams’ death broke and phone calls started to come in.

“After the first call, Koko came to Dr. Patterson with an inquiring look on her face. Dr. Patterson explained that ‘we have lost a dear friend, Robin Williams.’”
    Via Press Release: The Gorilla Foundation

“Koko was quiet and looked very thoughtful,” a spokesperson for the Gorilla Foundation said in a press release emailed in response to an inquiry from BuzzFeed.

The Gorilla Foundation
    After overhearing an emotional conversation between Patterson and a colleague who had worked with Williams on his PSA for the foundation, Koko signed the words for “woman” and “crying.”

“Koko became very somber, with her head bowed and her lip quivering.”

The Gorilla Foundation

On Tuesday, the Gorilla Foundation posted a message of remembrance and a video of the actor’s meeting with Koko to honor his life, “which was a profound gift to humanity — and to other great apes like Koko.”

koko.org

Dr. Patterson also shared her memories of the actor’s visit. “Robin made Koko smile — something she hadn’t done for over six months, ever since her childhood gorilla companion, Michael, passed away.”

The Gorilla Foundation

The Gorilla Foundation

“Not only did Robin cheer up Koko, the effect was mutual, and Robin seemed transformed — from a high-energy entertainer, into a mellow, sensitive, empathetic guy, who also happened to be really funny.”

The Gorilla Foundation

Watch the heartwarming video of the actor’s meeting with Koko.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/t...-loss-of-robin
    Just beautiful!

His kids are awesome!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Koko and Robin hugging punched me right in the feels.
    gas_chick and KrisNine like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

I never really "got" his stand up, but fondly remember quite a few of his movies as well as Mork and Mindy. Feels surreal and like time is passing too quickly for him to have passed. Just watched The Birdcage and lol'd at his character not more than a week ago. My heart is heavy for anyone who has suffered with depression. This type of end is just a literal moment away sometimes when you're in that place. I hope if there's an afterlife that he's found some solace from his demons here. Breaks my heart. You have to be at the lowest of the low places to do it how he apparently did. Breaks my heart too that all of the outpouring of emotions from people who his work touched probably wouldn't have made a difference either.

I sincerely wish depression had as much work going on around finding a cure as cancer does. Not to compare or say one is worse than the other, but it seems like just as many people I know have suffered from depression more than anything else. But you don't see "Walk for the Cure" for depression. At least I haven't anyway.
    HeartShapedBox and Sylkyn like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

I think Chevy Chase described Robin Williams best as a manchild. He was so sensitive, a heart person. I was shocked when I heard the news but oddly not that surprised, even though I hadn't really kept up with news about him. I first saw him on Mork & Mindy and liked his style in it. One of my fave movies of his is The World According to Garp. He was made to play that part with his childlike look in his eyes and yet that sense of melancholy as well. R.I.P. Robin.

Did you guys see the father of a terminally ill girl tell of her meeting with him in 2004? Through the make a wish foundation they'd set up a meet at a film set, but by then the girl was too ill. So 24 hours ahead the call came that Robin Williams would visit their home, no press was allowed at his request. He spent hours talking to the girl, playing cardgames and watching a movie and doing his Mrs. Doubtfire character. Then his wife called: his best friend Christopher Reeve had died and Robin had to cut the visit short. He'd already been there for over 4 hours, though. The girl died weeks later. Such a great, warm, humble guy and such a good friend to the Reeve family, too. R.I.P. you wonderful, warm, wunderkind.
    Kittylady, *DIVA!, levitt and 4 others like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I don't know why an auto-erotic asphyxiation angle makes anyone feel any better. I doubt that it would make his family feel better. Besides, the sheriff didn't actually say he was partially clothed - although it was implied. However, if, as was also implied, he tried to cut his wrists first, that has nothing to do with auto-erotic asphyxiation. So perhaps, IF he was only partially-clothed, he simply took his pants off because he needed the belt to hang himself with. Simple as that.

To be honest, I wish I didn't know all this. I didn't expect the press conference to cover so much. There's no dignity in having these tragic details made so public. Although I admit that I can't help my interest, there's something deeply disturbing about having so little privacy for our most personal, private, intimate, final moments. Would any of us want this for ourselves, let alone our parents, children and loved ones? And the thought that the 911 call will also become a matter of public record, with every word and hesitation and tone to be pored over in the press (which it will be) - who thinks of such exposure when you call an emergency number?

Robin can send a flock of pigeons to poop on my car as often as he likes, but I feel uncomfortable and a little ashamed of my prurience. He evoked real affection in so many of us and I wish only to show respect and sympathy. But I worry that some of this extreme openness simply isn't right.
    A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.(Lana Turner)

Thread Information