Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 432
Like Tree1046Likes

Thread: Robin Williams dead

  1. #166
    Elite Member louiswinthorpe111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    14,043

    Default

    I saw worlds greatest dad. The scene where robin finds his sons body is gut wrenching and beautifully acted. Art imitating life? It would be eerie to watch that scene now.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

  2. #167
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,385

    Default

    I can't understand how he could have such great money troubles but we have no idea what was happening in the background.

    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/robin-...161200105.html
    Robin Williams set up a 3-part trust fund for his kids amid money troubles before death
    By Aly Weisman4 hours ago

    Robin Williams reportedly didn't leave a note before taking his own life Monday, but the actor did have his finances in order.

    In 2009, Williams set up trust funds for his three children: Zachary, 31, Zelda, 25, and Cody, 22.

    TMZ obtained Williams' trust documents, which stated:

    "When each turned 21 they got 1/3 of the share. When they turned 25 they got half of what remained. When they turned 30 they each got their full share. The trust was not dependent on Robin's death. The kids received their money, although Cody and Zelda have not been paid in full because of their age."

    While TMZ does not know the amount in the trusts, the site reports, "Robin had a significant amount of money outside the trust and his current wife, Susan Schneider, will almost certainly receive a significant
    amount."

    Williams' net worth was once estimated to be near $130 million, but in 2013, he admitted to Parade magazine that he was on the verge of bankruptcy after two divorces — despite his films grossing more than $5.1 billion worldwide.

    "Divorce is expensive," Williams, who was married to his third wife at the time of his death, explained to the mag. "I used to joke they were going to call it 'all the money,' but they changed it to 'alimony.' It's ripping your heart out through your wallet."

    Williams reportedly paid his first two wives more than $30 million in combined divorce settlements, and according to Celebritynetworth, is currently worth around $50 million.

    Williams also revealed to Parade that he was selling his $35 million house to help cover his debts.

    "There are bills to pay. My life has downsized, in a good way," said Williams." I'm selling the ranch up in Napa. I just can't afford it anymore."

    Williams added that, "The idea of having a steady job is appealing," and in 2013, returned to TV as the lead on the CBS sitcom, "The Crazy Ones."

    The show, co-starring Sarah Michelle Gellar, was cancelled in May after just one season.

    “Here he was in his 60s, and forced to take a role on television for the money,” a source close to Williams told Radar Online. “It’s just not where he thought he would be at this point in his life.”
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

  3. #168
    Elite Member Seth82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,653

    Default

    an online friend of mine perfectly described depression earlier this year.

    If you want an idea of what depression is like, think of your brain as Earth. Earth as humans have made it is divided into continents, which are subdivided into countries, and each of these countries has the capacity (though some don't have the ability, for one reason or another) to fight, many in the form of a military. These militaries can strategize and use weapons to either defend itself or to attack and potentially conquer other nations.

    Your brain, much like Earth, is divided into hemispheres, which are subdivided into sectors that all control certain aspects of the body. Some are capable of fighting, some are not. And of course, the brain cannot use guns or knives or nukes because the brain does not have hands, so it has perfected what it can use, which is psychology. Depression, in essence, is a mental disease in which the brain commits psychological warfare on itself.

    And it wins. It wins a lot. Like, 100% effectiveness.

    Nobody knows your brain like itself. Your brain knows your weaknesses, like your obesity, or your lack of intelligence. It knows your fears, like your fear of failure, or your fear of not being loved by those who lie and tell you that they do to make you feel better. It knows everything you've ever done, from that time you answered a math question wrong in class, to that time you asked that girl out and she said "no", to the time that you crashed your parents' car and they subsequently told you that they hated you. And with depression, it forces you to relive these memories and amplifies the emotions involved, even if absolutely none of those events happened or none of those traits exist.

    When you have depression, your brain is an expert at psychological warfare. And your brain is merciless. There is no recourse, there is no counterattack, and the only way to dull the pain is to wait for it to stop and get bored and eventually go away, which is usually after a good night's sleep; even then, you know that it just went back to alleviate its boredom. You know it'll be back. Someday.

    In cases where people with depression commit suicide, the depression has gone so deep and has corrupted them so greatly, that it has essentially taken them over. Depression is a psychological parasite. By the end of Justin's life, he had essentially become, mentally, a husk. You are so convinced that the world is better off without you, even if and when that is not true in the slightest, that you know that killing yourself is essentially doing the world a favor. "The people who love me may mourn for a time," you think to yourself, "but they'll eventually get over it and move on. After all, I'm not some big important person, I don't contribute to the world in any meaningful way...I'm just me. Who really cares?"

    So how can a person, like Justin Carmical, have so many friends? How can a person love others if they don't love themselves? Well, that question kind of answers itself. You have so much love to give because you can't give any to yourself. You simply can't. It's surprisingly easy to love people. I love my friends with all my heart, but I can barely look at myself in the mirror half the time. I want to help contribute to their lives and not my own because I realize that it's too late for me. I don't deserve self-love. I don't deserve to have people contribute to my life. And the only reason I have for feeling that way is that, "I'm me." After all these years of true self-hatred and depression, that sentence kind of explains everything. I can only assume that Justin felt the same way.

    I know that it's very difficult for people who have never suffered from depression to understand this; I hope this helped a little in that regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

  4. #169
    Elite Member ConstanceSpry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9,847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I can't understand how he could have such great money troubles but we have no idea what was happening in the background.
    I read that he was very generous to many charities, and he also financially supported Christopher Reeve and his family after his accident. All around good human being.
    spiderpig, Sylkyn, sluce and 1 others like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

  5. #170
    Elite Member NoNoRehab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    LYNWOOD JAIL
    Posts
    3,034

    Default

    His first divorce was expensive because he got caught having an affair with the nanny, who became his second wife.

    His second wife became a producer who produced a few of his big hits (including Mrs. Doubtfire and Patch Adams) and they were married for quite a while (20 years), including his peak period, so she got a huge chunk of money when they split. Probably rightfully because he did credit her with finding and shepherding several of his big projects.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

  6. #171
    Silver Member spiderpig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    687

    Default

    I still love him. Been crying for 2 days.

  7. #172
    Elite Member *DIVA!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maxeythecat View Post
    Just reported that Robin hung himself.....for the life of me I can't understand why he would do such a hurtful, gruesome thing to his family, especially when they were in the house with him and knowing full well that they'd find him. Wait....check that statement, I think might've answered my own question. If he REALLY wanted to off himself why would he suicide in his own home surrounded by his family instead of taking a trip someplace so he could be alone to do the deed? Maybe his intention wasn't to DIE die but to go thru with the impulse so that a family member would find him and "rescue" him before it was too late. A staged suicide as a cry for help? Crazy but not an impossibility and a very dangerous game to play...99% of the time the person is "saved" but unfortunately there's that itty bitty 1%....oh dear.
    Say what?
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

    I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

  8. #173
    Elite Member Brookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In the "D"
    Posts
    24,747

    Default

    In short, he hung himself with a belt. Poor guy. Damn. And I don't know what that rambling shit above is either.
    Froogy likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

    - Mark Twain

  9. #174
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    34,687

    Default

    More people die in the US every year from suicide than from homicide. Something heavy to think about.



    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  10. #175
    Elite Member Laxmobster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Down by da beach....boyeee
    Posts
    7,648

    Default

    There's really nothing that hasn't been said already. I've been extra emotional the last few months after my father passed earlier this year, so this is like a kick to the gut every time I read about it. For many of his movies I can pinpoint certain moments in my childhood that remind me of those times, Dead Poet's Society especially...That movie changed me in a way that I can't really describe, but it was for the better.

    While I feel sad for his family and friends, I also get the sense of relief that he is no longer suffering. That was the one thing I felt with my Dad, he's no longer in pain so I found solace in that.

    RIP Robin
    Brookie and Air Quotes like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

  11. #176
    Elite Member Sylkyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Indahood, AL
    Posts
    10,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seth82 View Post
    I just love when people call suicide cowardly or the coward's way out.

    that to me is just completely illogical. Venturing into the unknown of death is potentially the bravest thing you could do.

    I also like when they suicide is "selfish". "Didn't He think how that would hurt those around him"

    Seriously? Your argument that is selfish is that it hurt your feelings that someone killed himself. That is just mind blowing.

    I just really wanna punch idiots like that.
    I used to be one of those people. Now--I know better. It's not the easy, selfish way out. It's the only way out that they can see at that moment. And at that horrific moment in time--it's yours for the taking, and the pain is gone.
    Froogy likes this.

  12. #177
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,385

    Default

    Since the report is that he was hanging, partially clothed, for now I have decided to believe it was an accident and he was experiencing autoerotic asphyxia. Not really, but it makes me happier.
    missbazilb likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

  13. #178
    Elite Member Trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    exiled and ostrich sized
    Posts
    21,962

    Default

    Well, after 12 pages, there's not much I can say that hasn't already been said. I was talking to a friend and said ya know, he made it through the '70s and '80s when so many didn't and you think when someone reaches a certain age, they're a survivor and they've gained maturity and conquered their demons and all that shit, but it's so not true. Some of the smartest, funniest people I've known have been addicts and suffered from depression. It's like they were given a gift and a curse and sometimes the curse wins. It's just so goddamn unfair.

    I was looking at pics of him today and his eyes...well those lyrics "no one knows what it's like to be the sad man behind blue eyes" kept turning in my mind. RIP Robin, thanks for the memories and laughs and I hope you are at peace at last.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~



  14. #179
    Elite Member Witchywoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    I'd like to age like sea glass.
    Posts
    5,531

    Default




    Robin and Christopher Reeve in front of the Improv, 1988 The 25th Anniversary, 44th Street near 9th Avenue.

  15. #180
    Elite Member ConstanceSpry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9,847

    Default

    A belt, isn't that also how L'Wren Scott committed suicide?
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: November 12th, 2009, 11:03 AM
  2. Robin Williams' jacket
    By Honey in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: January 4th, 2008, 10:50 PM
  3. Robin Williams Mistaken For Robbie Williams
    By DevilDoll2025 in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 21st, 2007, 09:09 PM
  4. Robin Williams Quits Rehab
    By DevilDoll2025 in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: September 25th, 2006, 09:24 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 27th, 2006, 09:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •