Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree254Likes

Thread: Robin Thicke & Paula Patton split after 9 years of marriage

I know that children lie, but I really don't think they lie about abuse like this. Six is pretty young to tell a teacher that they've been punched by their father. Unless there was prompting, a misunderstanding, or real abuse of some sort. Kids even hide that until they can't hide it anymore.
    Sarzy, Kittylady, czb and 4 others like this.

Elite Member

Her emergency custody order was denied yesterday. She also was in contempt of court when she kept their son from Robin during his custodial time. It's sad that these types of issues are played out in the public eye. There is a child involved and parents should know better and keep things discreet. If all of this came out after the funeral, then it seems suspect. If she has evidence of this for a while, then that would help her case. Punching a child would show bruising in places that would be suspect (torso/face, etc), seems to me if he was doing it, then there would be visual evidence.

The articles I have read have been a tad too specific on dates, two days later he tells a teacher. Seems like someone is feeding the pap machine a bit?

I think they are both nuts. That poor kid. Losing his grandpa and now this drama is still going on.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

.'Paula did not have a positive relationship with my father and often made negative comments to me about my father. As such, she was not welcome at his funeral,' Thicke said in the court documents
    this right here is enough information for me to be solidly Team Paula
    Last edited by Flygirl; January 14th, 2017 at 09:34 AM.

I just read he has been cleared of the charges. I'm Team don't fuck your kid up.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I just read he has been cleared of the charges. I'm Team don't fuck your kid up.
    I haven't seen that yet but TMZ has a new video of cops coming to her house. It all reeks of a set up because she is the one in contempt by withholding the child during Robin's time. There is no need to sell your custody issues to the paps.
    BITTER likes this.

Elite Member

I'm on team kid obviously as we all are, but I think that Paula is making shit up and at a really shitty time
    BITTER likes this.

Robin Thicke Denied Custody After Bringing Sheriffs to Paula Patton’s Home
    FRI, 13 JANUARY 2017

Robin Thicke may have won a recent custody battle against his ex wife Paula Patton amid child abuse claims but he's still having trouble seeing his six-year-old son Julian.

According to TMZ, after the custody hearing, Robin contacted Paula asking to take Julian for the night, which he is allowed to do, but she did not reply.

The following morning, Robin showed up to Paula's home with local sheriffs on the grounds she was violating their custody order.

After speaking with Julian, the sheriffs agreed that they would not take the child against his will, who reportedly said that he did not want to go with Robin.

Watch the video of the incident on TMZ.
    JustJared

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Messy. Poor kid.
    Bombshell likes this.

I found the reporting of the teachers' statements interesting...
    Paula Patton filed an emergency court request with the court, claiming that Robin Thicke was excessively spanking their young son and begging a judge to take away his joint custody also due to his “drinking and drug use.”
    The 41-year-old Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol star claimed in explosive documents obtained by Radar that their son Julian Thicke, 6, was afraid of his father and his painful spanking.
    “I have become concerned about Respondents drinking and drug use, as well as the forms of punishment he is using to discipline Julian,” Patton wrote in her documents.
    She claimed that Julian told her and her mother that when his father spanked him it was “really hard.” She continued that she asked him to hit her to demonstrate and he did but told her it was “worse than that.” Patton also wrote that Julian’s behavior changed when she asked him to tell her about the spankings. “He became very angry and tense and yelled at me that if I told, he would never tell me anything about Respondent again.

A teacher at Julian’s school also submitted a declaration, explaining their concern about Thicke’s punishment.

Dad punches him so hard, but never where someone can see. If they are in a public place, like the beach, dad will take him to a bathroom,” the teacher claimed.

The principal at Julian’s school also expressed their concern for “allegations Julian had made about possible physical abuse,” and wrote that the spankings went “beyond normal corporal punishments.” The principal stated they had been “trained as to what to look for with respect to physical abuse,” and had observed that Julian “was not making up statements or exaggerating about the punishment he was receiving from his father.”

The family nanny, who claimed to have worked with Julian for six years, said the child was anxious and nervous around his father, citing an example of spilling chocolate milk on the sofa and worrying about telling his father. The nanny also stated she had seen Thicke “smoking marijuana” when Julian was in the home.

PHOTOS: Too Thin? Friends Worried About Robin Thicke’s Girlfriend April Love
    Patton claimed in her documents that she became concerned about Julian in November 2016 and requested that he be “at no time shall the minor child be left alone with the Respondent without a professional monitor present.”
    Thicke’s attorney countered Patton’s request, asking the judge to deny the request because DCFS had interviewed his child and had no intervened or recommended a custody change yet.
    Thicke defended his physical punishment, claiming in documents: “On a very rare occasion and only as a last resort, I will use light spanking, but it is consistent with the law — open hand on the butt. This is the type of discipline to which Paula and I agreed during our marriage.”
    He also stated that Patton told him “Julian is scared of you.”
    Free Charmed.

czb

^^^ why is this level of detail even public. yuck
    Waterslide and stef like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    “On a very rare occasion and only as a last resort, I will use light spanking, but it is consistent with the law — open hand on the butt. This is the type of discipline to which Paula and I agreed during our marriage.
    It is legal to spank your kid in the US? Over here, it's not. Who spanks a kid because it spilled some chocolate milk anyway, that can just happen to everyone, you clean it up with the kid, all is fine. Unless of course you bought a 20.000$ white couch in suede in spite of a kid staying with you, but that makes you an idiot who deserves some chocolate on it.
    idunno likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    It is legal to spank your kid in the US? Over here, it's not. Who spanks a kid because it spilled some chocolate milk anyway, that can just happen to everyone, you clean it up with the kid, all is fine. Unless of course you bought a 20.000$ white couch in suede in spite of a kid staying with you, but that makes you an idiot who deserves some chocolate on it.
    There is a lot of grey area, but spanking is legal in the US. I'm sure it varies state to state, but I think generally speaking, you can't leave a mark, like a bruise or a cut. I'm pretty sure it's still even legal in some schools.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

czb

i don't think it's legal in public school, but maybe in private?

if a teacher took a hand to my kids, i'd go ape. seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i don't think it's legal in public school, but maybe in private?

if a teacher took a hand to my kids, i'd go ape. seriously.
    Uh yeah, no kidding regarding a teacher.

I do know that in my state foster parents can't so much as touch a kid in care, but it's totally different for regular old kids. I glanced at a site that goes state by state with the different laws and many of them are very vague and say things like no "excessive" spanking or hitting, etc. But obviously, there are more definite laws on what constitutes what Whoopi Goldberg would refer to as "abuse abuse".

Anyway, gross as it is, if we take what Robin is saying at face value, I think that's legal, but if we take what the child reported at face value, then no way. And I agree with what Kris said about most kids hiding that until they can't hide it anymore.

And I also agree with czb that this is way way way TMI.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Thread Information