Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree254Likes

Thread: Robin Thicke & Paula Patton split after 9 years of marriage

Robin Thicke Says He's Embarrassed By Attempts to Get Paula Patton Back

Hindsight is always 20/20.

After Robin Thicke's very public attempts to win back his ex-wife Paula Patton, the 38-year-old singer now admits he's embarrassed by his grand overtures. In a new interview with The New York Times, Robin recalls dedicating his song "Forever Love" to Paula at the 2014 BET Awards, then being hit with a brutally honest critique.

"I came home, and my best friend of 20 years, Craig Crawford, said, 'I saw your BET performance,'" he recalls. "And I said: 'Oh yeah! What did you think?' You know -- excited. And he goes: 'I gotta be honest with you, buddy. You’re kind of playing yourself. You look like a sucker.' And it hit me that I’d lost my perspective."

"What I thought was romantic was just embarrassing," he further explains. "And he said, 'You should just go away for a while.' So I shut everything down. I took some time off to be with my son, and to be with my family and close friends. And the more time I took off, the more everything became clear."

Robin's 2014 album, Paula, was a flop, and the soulful singer admits that his team and his record company didn't even want him to put it out in the first place.

"Look, my songwriting has always been autobiographical, and always will be," he defends himself. "The Paula album was no different. I was struggling through my toughest time, and I decided to share it. ... In hindsight, the only thing I would have done differently was, I wouldn’t have promoted it or sold it. I would have given it away. That would have kept the purity of the message intact."

In the candid new interview, Robin also sheds some light on his admitted drugs and alcohol use. In the April deposition for the lawsuit he and Pharrell faced against the heirs of Marvin Gaye alleging copyright infringement for their hit “Blurred Lines," he said that he had been drinking and taking pills during the time of the press interviews for the song.

"The ego is a very dangerous place. I was supposed to be living the dream, and yet I was in a nightmare because of a crumbling marriage," he now shares about the trying time in his life. "I had finally reached the pinnacle of success -- on paper, I had it all. But I wasn’t happy. And so you start grasping for something else to make you happy. Drugs and alcohol became a way for me to cope. And then you start saying things in interviews, desperate for a little extra attention. And then it becomes a sympathy tour."

Clearly, Robin has now moved on. He's currently dating 20-year-old model April Love Geary who he took on a beach vacation with his son, 5-year-old Julian, in May.

Moved on??? His new girlfriend looks exactly like his ex-wife!!
    Clubber Lang and Karma like this.

fgg

his new girlfriend is much prettier than his ex-wife. his ex is very manly to me.
    Trixie likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

He shouldn't be taking his brand spanking new fucktoy on vacation with his son. Get serious, get settled and THEN start including them on family vacations.

Unless he's planning on the revolving door of young fucktoys being a way of teaching his boy how to live down to the Thicke douchery when he gets older.
    Bellatheball, HWBL, MsDark and 1 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I think they've been together since last October at least. She was posting selfies from his house and bed even before his wife filed for divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    He shouldn't be taking his brand spanking new fucktoy on vacation with his son. Get serious, get settled and THEN start including them on family vacations.

Unless he's planning on the revolving door of young fucktoys being a way of teaching his boy how to live down to the Thicke douchery when he gets older.
    It is the way Robin was raised. Alan Thicke was quite the ladies man.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by llamamama View Post
    I think they've been together since last October at least. She was posting selfies from his house and bed even before his wife filed for divorce.
    classy.
    Kittylady and Clubber Lang like this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

THAT'S what he's embarrassed about? How about being embarrassed for his cringe-worthy "music", his douchey hairdo, his ridiculous facial expressions, etc.
    Bellatheball and Flygirl like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

^^^
    and plagiarism.
    Bellatheball and Flygirl like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Robin 'punched' our six-year-old son: Thicke's ex claims child is 'scared' of his 'violent' father in bitter custody row - as singer says she's upset because she wasn't invited to his father's funeral

• The actress filed a request to have her ex-husband's visitation rights altered
    • Allegations of Thicke punching and spanking his son included in court papers
    • Six-year-old Julian allegedly told school teachers his pop-star father hit him
    • Thicke denied the allegations and said he only ever 'lightly spanks' his son
    • He went on to say Patton is upset she was not invited to Alan Thicke's funeral

Robin Thicke has been accused of spanking and punching his six-year-old son in new legal documents filed in his bitter custody battle with ex-wife Paula Patton.
    The papers allege how Thicke and Patton's son, Julian, told school teachers that his pop-star father spanked him a number of times and even 'punched' him, a source close to the case allegedly told TMZ.
    The website's source claims the school reported Julian's alleged comments to the Los Angeles County Deptartment of Children and Family Services on January 3.
    As a result, Patton stopped letting Thicke see his son, and court documents allegedly claim she told him: 'Julian is scared of you.'

According to TMZ, the 41-year-old actress then filed an emergency order requesting Thicke to be only allowed to see his son during daytime supervised visits.
    The singer, whose father died last month, currently sees his son overnight every Thursday, Friday and Saturday as part of a joint custody agreement.

And Thicke hit back at the child abuse allegations, saying he rarely spanked his son - but even when he did it was part of a punishment style he and Patton had agreed upon.
    'On a very rare occasion and only as a last resort, I will use light spanking, but it is consistent with the law - open hand on the butt. This is the type of discipline to which Paula and I agreed during our marriage,' he said in court documents.

'I have never exceeded age-appropriate discipline, and thus never been an issue, nor has it been raised by Paula previously.'
    The pop-star then went on to allege the latest round of hostility between the two is a result of Patton not being invited to the funeral of his father, Alan Thicke.
    The actor died following a heart attack. He was 69.
    'Paula did not have a positive relationship with my father and often made negative comments to me about my father. As such, she was not welcome at his funeral,' Thicke said in the court documents, according to TMZ, explaining why Patton was not invited.
    Patton has previously spoken about the relationship she had with Alan Thicke, posting a social media message in the wake of his death.

'I knew Alan since I was 15 years old and he had a tremendous effect on my life. I loved and respected him so much!' she wrote on Instagram.
    'So many great memories and laughs together. We will miss him so much! His grandson is quite sure he is still here with us in spirit.'
    TMZ claims Patton's request to limit Thicke's visitation rights was denied on Thursday

Read more: Robin Thicke accused of child abuse by ex-wife Paula Patton | Daily Mail Online

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

I had no idea there was a legal definition for spanking.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I really hope he wasn't punching his son! Ugh.

Silver Member

I have no doubt Robin Thicke is a super douche, but I hope this isn't true. Having little boys of my own, I know full well they will run and tell teachers that they're being hit by their parents if they get mad at you, knowing full well it isn't true. Nonetheless you are questioned by teachers and maybe social services. They teach kids in school all about calling 911 and kids are NEVER to be touched or hit or spanked - rightfully so - but this gives kids ammunition to use when you discipline them. They are smart!

In Canada, we have no definition of spanking - A little swat on the butt is considered abuse however I still assume most people will give their kids a smack if warranted.
    Wisher2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I had no idea there was a legal definition for spanking.
    There is a legal definition of corporal punishment.

For whatever reason I have recently happened to be in courtroom on days when several parental abuse cases have gone to trial. All of them involve teenagers claiming that their parents "abused" them with spanking. And in every case the parents are found not guilty based upon the legal definition of corporal punishment. I have to say that I have agreed with every single one of the verdicts in the cases I've seen lately.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

I hope this is not just another I can't get along with my ex so lets alienate the kid from him.
    czb, Wisher2, Seapharris7 and 1 others like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I hope this is not just another I can't get along with my ex so lets alienate the kid from him.
    The little boy telling this to a teacher (rather than Paula bouncing into court with nothing but her word) and Robin's history of substance abuse makes me think that there may be something to this. Things haven't exactly been great for him lately with his father's recent death and his career not holding the heights that he might have expected after Blurred Lines so I could see him relapsing and behaving like more of an arsehole than usual.

I also notice that he was quick to blame Paula and claim it was because she wasn't invited to his father's funeral. Somehow nothing is ever his fault - like when he threw Pharrell under the bus during the plagiarism suit and let Miley Cyrus take the heat for the VMA's twerking mess, even though he was in on it from the rehearsals stage and said he wanted her 'naked as possible' for it.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information