Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Rob Lowe says it's hard being pretty

I would hit that shit underage too and that was before I knew he could do a Robert Wagner impression.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    Charlize won an Oscar for a role that called for to be "ugly". She gained weight and wore false teeth. Along with makeup to make her skin weathered and pocky.
    Yeah but he doesn't say "
    "There's this unbelievable bias and prejudice against quote-unquote good-looking people, that they can't be in pain or they can't have rough lives or be deep or interesting," he says. "They can't be any of the things that you long to play as an actor unless they ugly up

Anyhow, he skeeves me out, always has....
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

It's like the "It's so hard to be thin" people... My cousin (NOT shed) posted all the food she had eaten yesterday "along with 2 protein shakes and if I don't wake up one pound heavier I'm going to be PISSED!" I know I'm an asshole when I think "yeah, fuck off. I should have such problems!"... but I think it anyway.

ETA: next thing you know, someone's going to tell me that it's HARD being filthy fucking rich too ... with a super hot husband who fucks like a rabbit.
    Novice, Flygirl, Laurent and 1 others like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I watched him with Oprah. I can't ever remember him not being a kind and normal guy. Sometimes he's wears a wig weave and sometimes he doesn't and that's about as deep as I get with Rob. I think he's got a pretty good acting range, definitely funny. Just never wanted to do him but now I know who does!
    sluce likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post

ETA: next thing you know, someone's going to tell me that it's HARD being filthy fucking rich too ... with a super hot husband who fucks like a rabbit.
    If anyone wants to know whether being filthy fucking rich with a super hot husband who fucks like a rabbit really is hard I'm willing to give up my time and energy to test it out.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Bronze Member

I WOULDN'T. Just my personal taste. But I can see that Rob is pretty and it might have affected his career.

I think he is hot as hell. My #1 celeb crush.
    stella blue likes this.

But what about other pretty guys that came before him? Paul Newman, Robert Redford, heck, even Warren Beatty got meaty roles or went into directing or screen writing or in Newman's case the occasional stage production to show the industry they were more than just a pretty face.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I think Rob had more delicate, feminine features. He's saying that hurt him in his acting career.
    ariesallover likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I think Rob had more delicate, feminine features. He's saying that hurt him in his acting career.
    Except for that monumental, square, jaw of his. I also think he's probably not as talented as he thinks he is, or at least, wasn't as developed as an actor when he was at his prettiest.

***** celeb

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    And yet somehow he kept getting roles and making money...

Acting is a risky, unstable profession so perhaps he should be grateful for being the one out of the many who try who actually got a good career out of it. I'm sure that there are plenty of jobbing actors out there who are endlessly cast as 'Biker #3' or 'Waitress #1' who have raised families on a fraction of what he's earned and still keep on acting, even when they know they'll never be a big name.
    Belt Up likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I fell in love with him back in the St Elmo's Fire days. Now all these years later my daughter and her friends still watch and say he's hot.
    southernbelle likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I liked him best in Square Dance with Winona Ryder.

***** celeb

He should have won an award for Behind the Candelabra.
    southernbelle and sputnik like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I finished his new book the other day. Like the first one, he glosses over his relationship and broken engagement with Melissa Gilbert, and never even mentions her by name, but there are some subtle digs at her sprinkled throughout the book that will not be lost on people familiar with their history.

The best is the first chapter. He never outright names her, referring to her instead as his "then girlfriend," but context clues make it very obvious who she is. The end of the chapter was like, BAM! As he reveals the moment that he found out she was fucking Warren Beatty while they were dating. When I read it, I actually smiled because it was such a tongue in cheek but definite "fuck you" in response to her book, which painted him as a serial cheater and her as the put-out, devoted girlfriend who only cheated once, in an attempt to get revenge after being betrayed so many times. I like the way that he takes the high road by, for the most part, being very discrete about their relationship, while also making it clear that it wasn't exactly as she's portrayed it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information