Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree278Likes

Thread: RIP Ric Ocasek

I don't understand this either. 6 million a year as "hobby money"? Even after taxes, in 2 or 3 years she would have had much more in savings than most people can ever hope for.
    Trixie, sjankis630 and Mivvi21 like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    Yeah, it's a little confusing. I would assume that he was listed as the primary on all of their joint accounts, or that her name wasn't on the accounts at all. So, when he passed and specifically did not mention her in his will she was cut off from his money, even if they had always considered it joint. I think it's more surprising because she did make good money as a model and TV host for years.

Maybe she wasn't very financially savvy and he had always controlled it all, including everything she made.

I had a former manager who always pushed all of her female employees to have a bank account in their own name, to always have money in it, to have their own credit card apart from their husband and to work on having good credit. When she got divorced back in the 80's or 90's she was totally screwed b/c everything was under her husbands name. She was trying to help us all not get burned as well, just in case. Paulina could have been in a similar situation.
    Well, Paulina's right about one thing. She was stupid. But, she was only 18-19 when she met him and he was 20 years her senior. Then she just let it go on for 30+ years.

Your manager was totally right, of course. My mom was divorced in the 60s and fought really hard to establish credit in her name. A local appliance store extended credit (I think she knew someone who worked there) which is how we got our color TV (yay!) and then she got a Sears card which is why everything we had, including our clothes, came from Sears lol. I also worked to establish credit and have my own checking account in my 20s; when I got married I kept that account and had my own credit cards. That's when I found out my husband's credit wasn't as great. When we applied for a mortgage we had to jump through hoops but it was my job history and credit that got us approved. Once I got divorced, I had no problem refinancing the house or getting a car loan, which might not have been the case if my credit was tied to my ex.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Well, Paulina's right about one thing. She was stupid. But, she was only 18-19 when she met him and he was 20 years her senior. Then she just let it go on for 30+ years.

Your manager was totally right, of course. My mom was divorced in the 60s and fought really hard to establish credit in her name. A local appliance store extended credit (I think she knew someone who worked there) which is how we got our color TV (yay!) and then she got a Sears card which is why everything we had, including our clothes, came from Sears lol. I also worked to establish credit and have my own checking account in my 20s; when I got married I kept that account and had my own credit cards. That's when I found out my husband's credit wasn't as great. When we applied for a mortgage we had to jump through hoops but it was my job history and credit that got us approved. Once I got divorced, I had no problem refinancing the house or getting a car loan, which might not have been the case if my credit was tied to my ex.
    My mom the genius got me a credit card when I was in my teens or something, even though I only used it for school stuff. But as a result, I had a credit rating really young. At least from what I can remember.

Hey, the Daily Mail had a story on someone trolling Porizkova on how old she looks now. But I love her - hot old broad.

Paulina Porizkova, 55, shares cruel message from a troll who told her she needs a 'facelift and Botox' so she can 'find a nice man': 'This is what aging public figures have to deal with daily'

• Paulina posted the unsolicited message on her Instagram Thursday to show how women of a certain age are treated in today's society
    • In the message, the person told Paulina she should 'get some work done' like the 'other old supermodels' because she is 'not aging well'
    • The stranger even went as far as suggesting she get a 'lower facelift, some filler, and Botox,' claiming the procedures will help her 'find a nice man'
    • Paulina, who has never had any plastic surgery or cosmetics injections, said that 'this is the kind of crap us, seasoned women, have to deal with all the time'

Paulina Porizkova has shared one of the cruel comments she has received about her appearance from an online troll who advised her she should get a facelift and Botox because she is 'not aging well.'
    The 55-year-old supemodel, who has never had any plastic surgery or cosmetic injections, posted a screenshot of the comment on Instagram Thursday to show what 'an aging public figure woman has to deal with on a daily basis.'
    'Honey just go get some work done you are not aging well, all the other old supermodels are doing it why not!?! You are spending all this money on products they are not working, just do it! Lower face lift, some filler and Botox it will make you feel great! Then you will find a nice man!!!! [sic],' the Instagram user wrote.

+11

How rude: Paulina Porizkova, 55, has shared a message from an online troll who told her to get a 'facelift' and 'Botox' because she is 'not aging well'

+11

Say what? In the message, the person told Paulina that she should 'get some work done' like the 'other old supermodels,' insisting it will help her 'find a nice man'

Paulina stressed that she wasn't posting the unsolicited message to encourage praise for her fans. She just wanted to make a point about how aging women are treated in today's society.

Don't worry: Paulina stressed that she wasn't offended by the unsolicited advice. She just wanted to make a point about how aging women are treated in today's society

+11

Still glamorous: 'Comments like these are much less helpful than the poster surely intended,' Paulina noted

'Any wonder not many of us now haven’t had work done? Any wonder that visible ageing is now a “brave”choice for a woman in the public eye?'
    Paulina's latest post comes after she revealed she regrets not signing a prenup with her late husband Ric Ocasek, who cut her out of his will, saying she had to rely on friends to buy her groceries after he died.
    She opened up about her financial mistakes during a two-part conversation with Paula Polito, vice chairwoman of UBS Global Wealth Management, as part of her paid partnership with the bank.
    When asked if she had regretted not signing prenup when she got married in her early 20s, Paulina let out a maniacal laugh and made a face, saying: 'Uh, yeah.'
    'Now if I had a daughter, any of my goddaughters or granddaughters or any of the young women I know…if there's one good thing I could do for them is to let them hear my story of how romance eclipsed any financial thinking and what a bad idea that is,' she added.

+11

Making her point: Earlier this month, she shared a sizzling nude photo of herself to show that women can still be sexy in their 50s

her body is unbelievable, and I'm trying not to compare myself, but damn! and obviously her face is still lovely. for some reason I feel like the hair color is more aging than anything else, which doesn't make sense.

Aging must really suck for someone whose appearance was her livelihood. And I agree about the societal crap and shaming women for not dyeing their hair or getting Botox/ps. I remember my grandmother and her friends with their gray buns and sensible shoes and aprons. And they were probably younger than Paulina at the time.
    lindsaywhit and Grandknight like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Silver Member

I thought she was absolutely beautiful back in the day and goddamn she is still stunning.

I'm 40 and wish my body looked that good.

Her skin looks wonderful and healthy. AND....great for her age. She's look older if she was botoxed too much.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

I don't like her but her body is great. I'm nearly half her age and my body does not look that good!

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    But also she was from an Eastern Blok country so might not have realised how it worked for a long time.
    I hope that she gets what is legally & rightfully hers since her husband sounds like a dick.
    Obviously we only have her side (since he is dead) but they were still living in the same house & it doesn't sound like they had separate bank accounts even....
    Kittylady and lindsaywhit like this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Elite Member

She looks gorgeous. I love that her face is aging naturally. We are so warped in what we consider normal aging.

I never had a body that looked like that. Not even close. She is definitely taking care of herself.

I think she looks good. At least she hasn't done the Janice Dickinson botch job.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

I'd rather see her than "I did not have anything done" Christie Brinkley. She looks like herself, can move her face, and did not turn herself into a freak.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I'm married to a person who is literally the same age as Porizkova and I cannot tell you how refreshing it is to see a famous person who looks like people of the same age who I would see in everyday life. I love that she did the strategically posed au naturel shot, too.
    HWBL, Kittylady, Novice and 1 others like this.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information