Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree227Likes

Thread: RIP Ric Ocasek

He does look just like his dad. Almost the same bloody haircut.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

The son doesn't look thrilled at all in the picture with his dad.

The son's words are so sad. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    The son's words are so sad. What a shame.
    It should feel like an icicle being shoved straight through your heart. Maybe I could see some justification for a guy like Gandhi being a bad husband and dad - at least he was trying to make things better for an entire nation and world. But Ric f*cking Ocasek was just making ditties and leaving his previous wives and kids behind like a snake that's been moulting. Seriously, f*ck him. (Sorry, I've been drinking - I have tomorrow off! )

Yeah, it doesn't seem like he was a very nice person. Let's see...abandoned 2 wives and 4 kids (right?), then cut two of them and his 3rd wife out of his will because she "abandoned" him.

It amazes me how some "parents" leave their families then think their kids should be the ones to pursue them, when it should be the parent who works on maintaining a relationship. My dad was the same way. Show up once a year on Christmas and then think you should kiss their ass for it. When we got to the point of not fawning over him and not giving a shit, he stopped coming around. It was all about him and his ego. not us.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I agree Trixie these damn dads think the kids should drool all over then and do what They want to do. I'm sorry to hear Trixie that you had to go through it too.
    Trixie, Lofty Bike and DawnM74 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post

The 56-year-old video game designer is the product of the rock star’s first marriage to Constance Campbell. In 1971, Ric divorced Campbell while she was six months pregnant with their second child and in the same year married second wife Suzanne. They went on to have two sons, Eron and Derek.

While filming the music video for The Cars’ song “Drive” in 1984, the 40-year-old singer met 18-year old Czech-born supermodel Paulina Porizkova. Ric ditched his second wife in 1988 and the following year wed Porizkova. They welcomed two sons, Jonathan and Oliver.
    I had no idea he did that and I'd always felt sorry for his second wife Suzanne, how humiliating it must have been to have your husband cheat on you and leave you for an 18 year old. But it seems she had an affair with Ric while he was married to his first wife... She seems no better than Paulina and Ric.

It seems Ric had a modus operandi. When your marriage is crumbling, you have an affair, then abandon your previous wife and kids.
    DawnM74 likes this.

^^^And from the way he treated Paulina in his last will, he wasted no time in caring for an ex-spouse at all.
    What a shitty person.
    DawnM74 likes this.
    OITNB, Galina 'Red' Reznikov:
    You want to assassinate someone, vision is a basic requirement. It's like: step one: pick a person to kill. Step two: kill THAT person.

^ Yeah, but I'm feeling less sorry for her now that I know more about him. She knew who he was when she married him. He left a pregnant wife, then a second wife for her, abandoned 4 kids, what did she expect? Probably the only reason he stayed with her was because she was so much younger, and a supermodel trophy wife for him. He let her care for him when he got sick, all the while knowing he had already screwed her out of the will.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

so weird that he had three pairs of boys from different wives.
    Trixie and DawnM74 like this.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information