Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree227Likes

Thread: RIP Ric Ocasek

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    They sure did not say a word about it in that interview. It's news to me. I can not imagine wanting to go anywhere near a 40 year old man when I was 19. But a huge rockstar? Maybe.
    Yes, when I was 19 a 40 year old was basically a grandpa.
    czb, Trixie and DawnM74 like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    Yes, when I was 19 a 40 year old was basically a grandpa.
    When I was 19, Playboy had a "Women over 40" pictorial. I was kind of morbidly fascinated by it, because I was not familiar at all with the bodies of women that age. But as you get older, and more experienced, your perspective changes. Having had the experience of living with a woman all the way through her 40's, I can say it was pretty f*cking fantastic. That being said, though, I'm not a fan of relationships between 20 year olds and 40 year olds.
    Kittylady and Nevan like this.

Well in the interview she explained how she was left behind with her grandmother in Czechoslovakia by her parents, who fled as refugees to Sweden. At a young age like 5 or 7 and always felt abandoned and not worth staying for. For someone like that, she said an older man provided emotional security. Sad, really.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by electrocuted_sheep View Post
    Nineteen is old enough to know not to get involved with a married man.
    I want to agree but... The difference in life experience between an 18/19 year old and a 40-something is immense. All the bullshit they throw out ("my wife doesn't understand me/we're married in name only/tax reasons/I only stay for the kids" etc) that, nine times out of ten, doesn't wash with a woman of their own age and experience can sway someone much, much younger and emotionally naive. There are plenty of truly stunning mature women but the usual suspects go for the young 'uns again and again because they can manipulate and control them so much more easily.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I want to agree but... The difference in life experience between an 18/19 year old and a 40-something is immense. All the bullshit they throw out ("my wife doesn't understand me/we're married in name only/tax reasons/I only stay for the kids" etc) that, nine times out of ten, doesn't wash with a woman of their own age and experience can sway someone much, much younger and emotionally naive. There are plenty of truly stunning mature women but the usual suspects go for the young 'uns again and again because they can manipulate and control them so much more easily.
    In the late 1980's (just before I graduated college and started my career), I worked in a video store. And I got a chance to see up close, the machinations of a 40-something guy working a 20-year-old with the "my wife doesn't understand me" BS. My best friend happened to work there also and was about 21. He was interested in the 20-year-old, and was furious that he was competing for her attention with a guy who had more money and was plying her with these desperate lines. I wasn't interested in her but was confused about why he wasn't spending all this time and energy working on his marriage (he also had a really sick child, to boot).

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    In the late 1980's (just before I graduated college and started my career), I worked in a video store. And I got a chance to see up close, the machinations of a 40-something guy working a 20-year-old with the "my wife doesn't understand me" BS. My best friend happened to work there also and was about 21. He was interested in the 20-year-old, and was furious that he was competing for her attention with a guy who had more money and was plying her with these desperate lines. I wasn't interested in her but was confused about why he wasn't spending all this time and energy working on his marriage (he also had a really sick child, to boot).
    Because in his mind young and innocent = Exciting! Shiny! Gullible! Walking kudos that says "look at how shit hot and virile I am! My penis is A GOD!!!!".

Wife and kid = Blah. Familiar. Responsibility. Expects unreasonable things like bills being paid and streaky underpants not being left on the floor. Has heard every excuse he has to offer and isn't buying any of it for a second because this is real life and it can't all be unicorn farts and rainbows all the time and needs/expects him to pull his domestic and emotional weight in the relationship.

By the way, I really appreciate what you said about women in their forties in general and Mrs Mo in particular. I actually feel like I'm finally coming into my own now. I take far less crap than I ever did as a young woman, I question more, I finally feel able to say what I want, how I want it and will make sure I enjoy getting it (*cough* yes, I know, TMI *cough*). I thought leaving my thirties was akin to a living death but it's actually pretty good.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

^^ My 40's were okay, but I like my 50's more. Sure, aging is a bitch and, unless you have buckets of money to have PS, you are going to look different. But other than that, I am so much more mellow, perimeno is over so no more nasty symptoms, I don't feel pressure to compete with younger women anymore cause I can't, it is just a lot more relaxing.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    ^^ My 40's were okay, but I like my 50's more. Sure, aging is a bitch and, unless you have buckets of money to have PS, you are going to look different. But other than that, I am so much more mellow, perimeno is over so no more nasty symptoms, I don't feel pressure to compete with younger women anymore cause I can't, it is just a lot more relaxing.
    Totally agree!
    ConstanceSpry likes this.

Well I've never really felt like I was in any shape to compete with other women in terms of looks, even in my supposed prime, so never felt pressure there. And I liked it that way. So it is quite pissing me off that I'm getting grayer, fatter and looking more and more like my frazzled-from-4-kids mom every day.
    Kittylady likes this.

I was always the same, Bee. I never felt like I was in competition with my friends or other women because I didn't think I matched up to therm in terms of looks or desirability. I always felt kind of like the reliable old prop who made them look better. Now I quite simply do not give a fuck and it's quite a nice feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Well I've never really felt like I was in any shape to compete with other women in terms of looks, even in my supposed prime, so never felt pressure there. And I liked it that way. So it is quite pissing me off that I'm getting grayer, fatter and looking more and more like my frazzled-from-4-kids mom every day.
    I was going with “ more mellow”
    twitchy2.0 and Kittylady like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I was always the same, Bee. I never felt like I was in competition with my friends or other women because I didn't think I matched up to therm in terms of looks or desirability. I always felt kind of like the reliable old prop who made them look better. Now I quite simply do not give a fuck and it's quite a nice feeling.
    I am definitely no oil painting but dressing up and makeup and coloring my hair used to help some. Now, I don't give a crap and if someone doesn't like the way I look they can get bent.

If a 40 year old man had said the above to me when I was 19, I know I would have said WTF are you talking about? I didn't understand anything about mature men and had no interest in doing so. Half of me was poised, the other half had a big mouth when something seemed ridiculous. Older men were the movie stars, not real life.

Maybe in time Paulina will change how she feels about her age - feeling invisible. Her insecurity is getting in the way of her loveliness, her face, her figure. If she wants to, maybe she'll find out what it's like to be with a man close to her own age and live it up a little. Christ, Kathie Lee Gifford did it and she's insufferable.
    sprynkles likes this.

fgg

Ric Ocasek’s son slams him as a deadbeat dad who ‘was never there’

Ric Ocasek’s oldest son Chris has branded his late father a “narcissist” who was “never present.”

On the anniversary of his dad’s death on Sept. 15, Chris Otcasek (who uses the original spelling of the family name) went public with his feelings about his father when he captioned an Instagram photo of himself with Ric and brother Adam, “You don’t exist. We didn’t either.”

The 56-year-old video game designer is the product of the rock star’s first marriage to Constance Campbell. In 1971, Ric divorced Campbell while she was six months pregnant with their second child and in the same year married second wife Suzanne. They went on to have two sons, Eron and Derek.

While filming the music video for The Cars’ song “Drive” in 1984, the 40-year-old singer met 18-year old Czech-born supermodel Paulina Porizkova. Ric ditched his second wife in 1988 and the following year wed Porizkova. They welcomed two sons, Jonathan and Oliver.

Chris, who had a record deal with Capitol Records in the late ’80s, told Page Six he didn’t hear from his father for most of his childhood — that is until The Cars started charting with hits like “Shake it Up” and “You Might Think.”

“There may have been a touch of guilt, but I also think he wanted to say he was becoming famous and I think that gets into one of the more universal things in that he was just simply a narcissist,” Chris told us.

“He didn’t have the sort of conscience to keep him grounded so he just kept going and always went for the next thing even if that meant abandoning or neglecting children. That was fine with him. I don’t think he thought much about it.”

While Chris admitted he felt their relationship was “shallow,” only seeing each other once a year or so, he added that the pair did stay in touch via phone.

But still, Chris, who has made a career as a video game designer, claimed that “my father, in essence, died the day I was born. He was never present, he was never there. Even when he was, he was never there and that’s the abandonment that I’m referring to.”

Chris told us he used to live in New York but moved to Los Angeles to “get as far away geographically from him as I could. I was living a few blocks from him for a year or two and saw him once maybe and I just decided I had to get as far away as possible as I could.”

He also struggled with how closely he resembled the late rocker, something he grappled with as a teen when The Cars were mainstays on MTV.

“There were a lot of preconceived notions. In retrospect I wish I’d been a bit more protected from that,” he shared. “I didn’t want to be reminded every 15 seconds that I didn’t have my dad in my life. It was hard.”

Enlarge ImageRic Ocasek and Paulina Porizkova
    Ric Ocasek and Paulina PorizkovaGetty Images
    Chris isn’t the only person in Ric’s inner circle who felt burned by the singer-songwriter. After his death, Porizkova discovered that he had written her out of his will, claiming that she had abandoned him. He also left out two of his sons from his will (Chris was not one of them).

Just last week, she confessed on Instagram that she was “clearly delusional” regarding their relationship.

“I believed I knew him. I believed we had the same definition of ‘love.’ Grieving him is an equal amount of heartbreak and rage,” she wrote of the man she had been married to from 1989 until 2018.

Despite all the frustrations and shattered hope regarding his father, Chris seems at peace.

“I think I’ve done OK in spite of all that but it was an issue,” he said.

https://pagesix.com/2020/11/10/ric-o...-never-around/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Sounds like the f*cker deserved to die alone, stewing in his juices. Once his estate is settled, all of them should donate a portion of their money to a charity devoted to teaching empathy and parenting skills.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information