Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: RIP Ric Ocasek

The Cars
    @thecarsband

From Ric’s sons: Our dad was a prolific doodler. His passing was sudden, unexpected, and beyond heartbreaking. Yesterday, we found this last doodle on his armchair. He couldn’t have known what it would end up meaning to us. We love him so much.

Bronze Member

I love The Cars. So many great tunes. May Ric Ocasek RIP.
    sprynkles likes this.

fgg

Pauline Porizkova makes first public appearance since husband Ric Ocasek’s death

Paulina Porizkova made her first public appearance since her husband Ric Ocasek’s death in September.

We’re told the iconic ’80s model attended the Art Students League gala, where Tony Bennett was honored, at the Paradise Club with her two sons.

“She didn’t … give a speech or anything, but they all seemed to be in a great mood, enjoying the evening,” an insider told Page Six. Her son Jonathan even got a birthday shout-out from the league’s executive director, Michael Rips.

Joel Grey hosted the cabaret-themed night, and Suzanne Vega performed a tribute to Ocasek as well as her 1984 hit “Tom’s Diner.”

Porizkova and Ocasek separated in 2017 after 28 years of marriage, and they remained close until his death.

https://pagesix.com/2019/11/06/pauli...ocaseks-death/

pic of paulina and one of her sons at the link.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

fgg likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I don’t like her blond very much.
    czb and holly like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I think it kind of ages here - looks a little bit like Lauren Bacall.
    DawnM74 likes this.

son looks very much like his dad
    MohandasKGanja, fgg and holly like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    son looks very much like his dad
    Because it didn't have a caption, I didn't know what to make of it. At first, I thought it was some kind of weird fan photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I think it kind of ages here - looks a little bit like Lauren Bacall.
    Agreed.

She was much more striking as a brunette (or at least, darker blonde.)

fgg, Penelope and Beeyotch like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

fgg

Cars singer Ric Ocasek cuts supermodel wife Paulina Porizkova out of will

Bye bye, love.

Late Cars’ singer Ric Ocasek cut his estranged, supermodel wife out of his will, claiming that she “abandoned” him, the now-public document reveals.

“I have made no provision for my wife Paulina Porizkova (“Paulina”) as we are in the process of divorcing,” the new-wave icon wrote in his last wishes.

“Even if I should die before our divorce is final … Paulina is not entitled to any elective share … because she has abandoned me.”

Porizkova was the one who found her estranged rocker husband’s body in September, while bringing him coffee as he recovered from a recent surgery in his Gramercy Park townhouse.

The pair, who had two sons together, called it quits in May 2018 after 28 years of marriage.

They met in 1984 while filming the music video for the hit Cars’ song “Drive.”

Porizkova had called Ocasek’s death “untimely and unexpected.”

“I found him still asleep when bringing him his Sunday morning coffee,” she wrote in a statement published to Instagram following Ocasek’s death.

“I touched his cheek to rouse him. It was then I realized that during the night he had peacefully passed on.”

A filing listed with Ocasek’s will show that his assets include $5 million in “copyrights” — but just $100,000 in “tangible personal property” and $15,000 in cash.

The document doesn’t break down what constitutes the “copyrights” assets.

While $5.115 million may seem on the low-end for a rock-legend such as Ocasek, a Trusts and Estates lawyer who examined the document told The Post the Cars’ frontman likely had money stashed away in other trusts.

Like many high-profile deceased stars, Ocasek could have stored away “many millions of dollars worth of assets.”

“That’s the reason people use trusts: to protect their privacy,” the lawyer noted.

Ocasek, in his will, appears to have also stiffed two of his six sons — though not the children he had with Porizkova.

It’s possible the two sons who were left out in the will have been compensated through other financial means, a lawyer said.

“I can only assume that they either get nothing, or were provided for in some other way through another trust or with life insurance,” the trusts and estates lawyer said.

The document indicates that Ocasek signed the will on Aug. 28, less than a month before his death.

Ocasek, 75, died naturally of heart disease on Sept. 15. Pulmonary emphysema, a type of lung disease, had also contributed to his death, the ME’s office has said.

The executor is named as his “friend and business manager,” Mario Testani.

The lawyer who filed the will declined to comment.

https://pagesix.com/2019/11/07/cars-...a-out-of-will/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

If she "abandoned" him, how did she still have keys to his place?

He was punishing her for divorcing him, yet she was still taking care of him. In any case, she is still entitled to whatever shares she was going to get in the divorce.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Paulina Porizkova, the estranged widow of late Cars frontman Ric Ocasek, has hired a lawyer to represent her in his estate case — a move that experts say could point to a battle for her share of his fortune.
    In papers filed Thursday, Porizkova — whom the musician cut out of his will because he said she “abandoned” him — said that she authorizes lawyer Linda Wank “to appear and act for me in the above entitled proceeding and to protect my interests in the premises.”
    Experts say Porizkova has a strong case to fight for an automatic one-third share of Ocasek’s estate as any spouse is entitled to under New York law, despite what his will said. In addition, she could also choose to fight the validity of the entire will, the experts say.

“What she has done is thrown her hat in the ring, saying, ‘I’m going to investigate whether this is a good will,’” New York trusts and estates lawyer John Morken explained.
    “Regardless of what the will says — unless there is an abandonment — the spouse has a right to an elective share,” Morken said.
    Documents accompanying the will said Ocasek had $5.115 million in copyrights, personal property and cash. But that figure wouldn’t include any money he had placed in trusts.
    Apart from Porizkova’s lawyer entering into the case, “she can file a notice of election even if it’s a good will, claiming one-third of the estate,” Morken explained

“If there was an abandonment, she is not going to get her elective share. But that’s a steep burden to prove,” Morken added.
    Another New York trusts and estates lawyer said, “In my opinion, she is going to get something.”
    “The will says that she abandoned him. Clearly that doesn’t seem to be the case since she was bringing him coffee the day he died,” the lawyer added.
    The new wave rock star died of natural causes at the age of 75 in his Gramercy Park apartment Sept. 15.
    A lifeless Ocasek — who had been recovering from surgery — was discovered by Porizkova as she was bringing him coffee that Sunday morning.
    The lawyer explained that Porizkova’s attorney entering the case doesn’t necessarily mean she will contest it or seek her automatic election, though “she’s got an interest in the estate that she needs to be represented in and her rights protected.”

SEE ALSO

Paulina Porizkova makes first public appearance since husband Ric Ocasek's death

Another expert, Scott Rahn, a trusts and estates lawyer, said, “I think her notice of appearance indicates that she intends to fight for what she believes are her rights to Ric’s estate.”
    “She has several viable claims. By her appearance, it seems she’s intent to pursue them. I think this is far from over,” Rahn said.
    Porizkova posted a photo — after reports of the will surfaced — of her, Ric and their two sons with the caption, “I’ve known about the will since the day after Ric passed. All you have heard from me since- is inspite [sic] of that. #loveneverdies.”
    She responded to a comment to the post asking her why Ocasek felt abandoned. Porizkova responded, “he didn’t.”

“The fact that she knew about the will doesn’t change anything, doesn’t mean that [the will is] viable. It certainly doesn’t change her rights under New York law,” Rahn added.
    “What she intends to do in the proceedings we don’t know, but it wouldn’t be an off-the-wall assumption that she may contest the clause that seeks to disinherit her or deny her the right to the forced share of the estate,” said trusts and estates lawyer Amanda DiChello.
    Wank did not return requests for comment

Lawyer's name is Wank? I bet she got teased a lot as a child and grew up wanting to sue people, leading to a career in law.
    Kittylady likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Lawyer's name is Wank? I bet she got teased a lot as a child and grew up wanting to sue people, leading to a career in law.
    I think she has a sister too.... lol!
    From Holiday Banta to Debra Smilley-Weiner: The lawyers with the funniest names

7. Stephanie Wank Kofman

Stephanie Wank Kofman is a big deal: she’s the vice-president of litigation at Sony and a Harvard graduate. If Wank Kofman wasn’t enough wanks for you (sorry…), then there’s also Linda J. Wank, from a boutique law firm in New York called Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz. And who could forgot Kim Wanker, the first ever female judge of rural Nevada?
    https://www.legalcheek.com/2017/12/f...est-names/amp/
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information