Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Rik Mayall dead at 56

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

My Bestie was in his late 30's when he had his heart attack.

In Rik's case there have been people saying he never regained his full health since his head injury so I wonder if the extra strain on his system was the deciding factor.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

This link says the post-mortem was inconclusive and it will be weeks or months before they know what caused his death. I wonder why his wife is now saying it was a heart attack.

Rik Mayall’s post-mortem has proven inconclusive. Further tests are required, the West London Coroner's Office has said today. The comedian died on 9 June, aged 56, in his London home. The cause of his death is unknown although friend and former colleague Peter Richardson said that it could have been a “seizure”. Rik Mayall cause of death: Post-mortem is inconclusive, says coroner - People - News - The Independent
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Probably because that's when the ambulance staff thought it was & treated him for.

My BIL was 43 when he had a heart attack, would hate to think how that would have worked out if he had just been doing cardio.... Not good.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Never even heard of this guy or show before....RIP though.
    If you haven't see anything, either check out stuff on YouTube or pbs. Imo comic strip & the Young Ones are of their time when brit tv comedy underwent a massive change in sitcoms. The Alan B'Stard show is much more subtle and cynical, and i think my favourite.
    He played Flash in the Blackadder series, which you need to check out now before you do anything else. Trust me!
    Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    He was also hilarious in Jonathan Creek (he was in an episode or two, I'm a Creek geek).
    He lives near me, Alan Davies not Jonathan Creek (obviously).
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Probably because that's when the ambulance staff thought it was & treated him for.
    No, she made a statement right after, that they didn't know what it was and she didn't think it was his heart cause he had a strong heart. Then, she said it was a heart attack right about when they came out and said the post mortem was inconclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    He lives near me, Alan Davies not Jonathan Creek (obviously).
    Please tell me Alan also lives in a converted Mill.

Re: AD - I dunno, but I'll say yes to make you happy. YES HE DOES!!!!

Rik Mayall had heart attack, says wife
    Barbara Mayall says the comedian died after an 'acute cardiac event' at home after a morning run
    Rik Mayall
    Rik Mayall's wife Barbara said her family had received thousands of messages of condolence since the comedian's sudden death. Photograph: Mike Lawn/Rex Features
    Press Association
    Thursday 12 June 2014 17.21 BST

Comedian Rik Mayall suffered an "acute cardiac event" after returning from a morning run, his widow said on Thursday.

Barbara Mayall said her family had received "thousands and thousands of messages of condolence" from around the world, adding: "We always knew that Rik was well loved but we are all overwhelmed by so many joining us in our grief.

"We now know that our darling Rik suffered an 'acute cardiac event' at our home around midday on 9 June," she said.

Advertisement

She thanked the press "for their discretion" and "all the wonderful coverage", saying: "It would have made him very happy."

She added: "I am sure that you all know Rik's response would be something along the lines of: 'Well thanks very much all of you – now fuck off!'"

Earlier, West London coroner's court had said a postmortem examination into his death had been inconclusive and more tests were being carried out in an attempt to determine how the 56-year-old star died.

Mayall, who shot to fame playing poetry-writing anarchist Rick in The Young Ones, was found dead at his London home on Monday.

His career, which also included roles such as Lord Flashheart in Blackadder and the conniving Conservative MP Alan B'Stard in The New Statesman, stretched back to the start of the alternative comedy scene.

Fans of the star have launched a campaign to send his failed football song, Noble England, into the charts in his memory.

The track, which he recorded for the 2010 World Cup and failed to chart, jumped 27 places overnight according to data from the Official Charts Company and is now at No 11.
    As she announced it after the coroner's announcement, maybe the tests has showed that? I dunno, doesn't change that he's no longer with us, and I'm one of those weirdos that think that medical matters are private
    ConstanceSpry likes this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Yes, Windmill, I knew it!! Thank you!

I agree health matters are private, but with a public figure, so many people are interested.
    Novice and Lalasnake like this.

My kid and I still watch Drop Dead Fred. Super sad about this!!!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information