Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Richie Sambora and a DUI

Sambora's big bounce

Bon Jovi guitarist's DUI arrest to bring another stint in rehab; breakups with Locklear, Richards blamed

March 27, 2008
    Recommend (30)
    Bon Jovi guitarist Richie Sambora is on his way back to rehab after his DUI arrest, a source inside the band's management team told me Wednesday.
    And this stay will be "for a longer time," said the source. "He needs to get well.''

Click to enlarge image
    Richie Sambora's booking photo, taken Wednesday by Laguna Beach, Calif., police. He faces DUI charges and possible child endangerment charges.
    (AP)

Sambora, who was in rehab twice last year for drug and alcohol treatment, was picked up around 11 p.m. Tuesday in Laguna Beach, Calif., after police observed his black Hummer weaving in traffic. At the time of his arrest, Sambora was with a woman and two young girls -- one later identified as his and ex-wife Heather Locklear's daughter Ava, 10.
    Spokesfolks for Sambora, his band and Locklear all declined comment Wednesday.
    According to Laguna Beach Police Sgt. Jason Kravetz, Sambora was given field sobriety tests and arrested without incident. ''He was extremely cooperative with the everyone,'' Kravetz said. He was booked and then released around 4 a.m. Wednesday.
    The other adult -- who was not identified (but believed to be a nanny) -- was instructed by Locklear to drive her daughter home.
    Sambora will appear in court May 7 to face the single count of driving under the influence. It's also expected he will be charged with endangering the lives of minor children.
    ''Richie has been on such a downward spiral,'' his friend told this column Wednesday, requesting anonymity. ''He hasn't gotten over Heather or Denise.''
    Sambora, a founding member of Bon Jovi, last year broke up with Charlie Sheen's ex-wife, Denise Richards -- an intriguing relationship, given the actress used to be Locklear's best friend. That marriage ended last April, shortly after Sambora's father died of lung cancer.

BY BILL ZWECKER Sun-Times Columnist
    Free Charmed.

So, his friend is an alcoholic, too? Who else would blame the guy's drinking problems on his exes......if that was the case.....I should never be sober again......

Excuses....excuses...excuses....you screwed up and endangered lives....at least have the balls to admit it and take the consequences like a man......

does he know who's pants he's wearing?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

He was wearing the nanny's pants and she was driving. At least that's what the lawyer can claim.

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    So, his friend is an alcoholic, too? Who else would blame the guy's drinking problems on his exes......if that was the case.....I should never be sober again......

Excuses....excuses...excuses....you screwed up and endangered lives....at least have the balls to admit it and take the consequences like a man......
    Did you skip a section again Cynic? he's not saying anything, it was his record company - presumably trying to stop people from returning their tour tickets in disgust & watching their millions disappear...

He may step up & take it like a man, or he may not. Time will tell, eh? However I bet he'll be back a number of times before he kicks it if he doesn't.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    Yes, head-on collision which killed a mother and daughter. Jennifer Grey was a passenger in his vehicle. He was never charged with any alcohol-related offense though. Reckless or careless driving I think.
    Yeah but if I remember correctly he got off with a slap on the wrist, I think he only had to pay less than $200 or something like that, even though he swerved into their lane recklessly without any kind of reason for doing so. I remember my mom disliking him for that, because she felt he got off so light. The family of the victims was really really pissed as well, they felt he used his celebrity to get out of facing any kind of real consequences for reckless driving. Sad situation.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    Yes, head-on collision which killed a mother and daughter. Jennifer Grey was a passenger in his vehicle. He was never charged with any alcohol-related offense though. Reckless or careless driving I think.
    Oh my goodness! I've never heard about that one! Wow, what a thing to have on your conscience.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Guess what?

No Jon Bon Jovi tour this summer...

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    Yeah but if I remember correctly he got off with a slap on the wrist, I think he only had to pay less than $200 or something like that, even though he swerved into their lane recklessly without any kind of reason for doing so. I remember my mom disliking him for that, because she felt he got off so light. The family of the victims was really really pissed as well, they felt he used his celebrity to get out of facing any kind of real consequences for reckless driving. Sad situation.
    That's horrible. I knew of the accident, but never found out any of the details. He's lost my respect, because he should've gotten into more trouble than just a fine of $200.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

''He hasn't gotten over Heather or Denise.''
    Translation - girlfriend kicked him out and wife won't take him back = not getting any.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Did you skip a section again Cynic? he's not saying anything, it was his record company - presumably trying to stop people from returning their tour tickets in disgust & watching their millions disappear...

He may step up & take it like a man, or he may not. Time will tell, eh? However I bet he'll be back a number of times before he kicks it if he doesn't.
    If he's got a lawyer talking for him already, then he ain't pleading guilty is he?

Richie Sambora May Nip DUI in the Bud -- Get It?

Posted Mar 29th 2008 10:46AM by TMZ Staff
    Richie Sambora may dodge a bullet in his DUI bust earlier this week, and not because of legal footwork -- because he may not have been DUI.

Sambora volunteered to submit to a blood alcohol test after he was popped in Laguna Beach. It may take a week before we know the results. But several sources -- who know what the alleged drunk drank -- tell TMZ Richie simply didn't drink much at all before the cops stopped him, and the blood test may register below the .08 legal limit in Calif.

True enough, if he was driving erratically and had any alcohol in him, he could still theoretically be charged with DUI. But that may not be in the cards either.

There's a buzz that Heather may go into court to wrestle away some of Richie's custody of their kid, Ava. Our sources say, ain't gonna happen. Part of the reason -- Heather has her own issues. But the biggest reason is that we're told Richie may be the best dad in rock & roll -- he has flown from gigs in Japan to see Ava play softball. And you thought TMZ only took shots. Apology accepted.

Richie Sambora May Nip DUI in the Bud -- Get It? - TMZ.com - Entertainment News, Celebrity Gossip and Hollywood Rumors
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

^ That is interesting.
    ssabmud

We will just have to wait and see. I feel sorry for their little girl Ava. Her mother is suicidal and her father has drug and alcohol abuse problems. Does she stand a chance? They need to get their act together for her.

maybe that's why he went for the blood test? because its more accurate isn't it?
    Free Charmed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information